996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My new ride...plus my dads 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 06:11 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
LOL your weak, fully disable it in ANY weather :P

Old 02-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
yea yea...i love the car...im thinking...SS race, aluminum brushed pedals, what else can i do without going FI? i cant think of anything besides getting into forging internals, cams and throttle bodies but not sure i would even dare. i plan on staying NA, as this is what its meant for...the car does sound F1 like at like 7500 rpms!

heres a couple pics...will post pics of the ///m and the turbo later
Greg - sweet ride and awesome color combination. Car sounds fantastic. Still looking forward to a springtime get together.

btw, my '03TT should be here Tuesday from Dallas.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:14 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by iLLM3
LOL your weak, fully disable it in ANY weather :P
haha...yea well im still trying to get used to it...epsecially the b&m short shifter...its reallllll notchy but at the same time very short...duh...im not sure how i feel about it at this point...plus its cold so its gonna be more difficult

Old 02-18-2007, 06:18 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Weird, my B+M was perfect! At first it was very notchy, and from first to second heard like a liquid running through a tube type noise LOL.. Took it to dealer and under warranty they replaced the synchros or did something, felt totally different after

But anyway, half the fun in the cold weather is with DSC off hah, the back end comes out whenever you want it too, and STAYS wherever you tell it to with throttle

Old 02-18-2007, 06:39 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by amerlemans
Greg - sweet ride and awesome color combination. Car sounds fantastic. Still looking forward to a springtime get together.

thanks scott...its def a great car and cannot wait to get it to a track or airfield i am looking forward to getting together for some spring/summer time driving as well.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:41 PM

congrats on the new turbo...im assuming its the car in the avatar...looks phenomenal! cant wait to see it...

Old 02-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
congrats on the new turbo...im assuming its the car in the avatar...looks phenomenal! cant wait to see it...
thanks as well. Actually the car in the avatar is another 6speed guys old car that I poached from the "Wheels and Tires" section. I'll use it until I get some pics of mine. Mine is arctic silver though. I love the Hamann PG3 wheels (in my avatar) but they are so damn expensive. I found some cool new wheels by IForged that I will most likely order on Monday for it. I know you had a set of IForged on your 996. Did they work out well for you?

I can't wait for Spring. This ice **** is getting on my nerves now!!

Old 02-18-2007, 09:05 PM
thanks as well. Actually the car in the avatar is another 6speed guys old car that I poached from the "Wheels and Tires" section. I'll use it until I get some pics of mine. Mine is arctic silver though. I love the Hamann PG3 wheels (in my avatar) but they are so damn expensive. I found some cool new wheels by IForged that I will most likely order on Monday for it. I know you had a set of IForged on your 996. Did they work out well for you?

I can't wait for Spring. This ice **** is getting on my nerves now!!
yea...its funny because the 19s for the m3(oem) are sooo sooo much heavier than the 19" iforged that were on the C4. i will eventually get a set of BBS RGR's for it. i would say iforged are good, good quality, BUT in the rain, they hold water on the inner barrel which sucks. i would say buy some BBS LM's, RGRs, or R GT's, much lighter and wont hold water, but you still cant go wrong with iforged. i liked them and would prob do it again. its up to you, but BBS are so light that its hard to not buy them since they are less expensive than iforged and more performance oriented.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:15 PM
6speed is not letting me upload pics so go to this link for a few of them...

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/porschec4/

Old 02-18-2007, 09:16 PM
better yet, here you go!

Old 02-18-2007, 09:16 PM

Old 02-18-2007, 09:17 PM

Old 02-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Greg the LM's arent that light but the RGR and GT's sure are! On a Porsche i would go with Champion's, they are just perfect

Old 02-18-2007, 09:18 PM

Old 02-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Greg the LM's arent that light but the RGR and GT's sure are! On a Porsche i would go with Champion's, they are just perfect
yea lms are somewhat on the heavier side IIRC 25 and 27 f and r respectably. but the rgrs and r gts weight in at like 20-21 lbs for both front and rear, now thats light. i agree champion wheels on the P car are out of this world! yea scott, go with champions!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new ride...plus my dads 996TT