996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My new ride...plus my dads 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 11:00 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Greg, congrats man! Like you haven't head this before, between your exhaust set up the 4.10, your M is quite a contender. Also, 100% the BEST color combo possible on the car.

As far as wheels go on the E46 M, my personal fav. are BBS CH. Congrats again man, great car you've got there.

-Joe

Old 02-18-2007, 11:19 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JoeyG
Greg, congrats man! Like you haven't head this before, between your exhaust set up the 4.10, your M is quite a contender. Also, 100% the BEST color combo possible on the car.

As far as wheels go on the E46 M, my personal fav. are BBS CH. Congrats again man, great car you've got there.

-Joe
Thanks man! i agree...the color combo is second to none on the ///M. BBS CH's are nice too, but i happen to like the lip on the RGR's. i will check them out too. the car runs very hard, the faster you go the more it wants to go and the harder it pulls, like 911s, just spectacular!

Old 02-18-2007, 11:26 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
Thanks man! i agree...the color combo is second to none on the ///M. BBS CH's are nice too, but i happen to like the lip on the RGR's. i will check them out too. the car runs very hard, the faster you go the more it wants to go and the harder it pulls, like 911s, just spectacular!
Ah you like lips, eh? Can't argue with that . RGR's are definately great too. I know what you mean about the car pulling harder and harder. My M (E36) has your same exhaust set up + SS muffler, 3.46 diff, headers, cams, injectors, etc, and it pulls nicely to 4500, but that it's a RUSH to 7200 where it hits the limiter. Enjoy seeing 8 grand !

Old 02-18-2007, 11:55 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JoeyG
Ah you like lips, eh? Can't argue with that . RGR's are definately great too. I know what you mean about the car pulling harder and harder. My M (E36) has your same exhaust set up + SS muffler, 3.46 diff, headers, cams, injectors, etc, and it pulls nicely to 4500, but that it's a RUSH to 7200 where it hits the limiter. Enjoy seeing 8 grand !
yea, its nice...with this custom Powerchip i have redline comes at a sweet 8500 RPMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 03:51 PM
datax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud ofdatax has much to be proud of
Congrats on a new ride.

Agree with the high reving fun factor that BMW's straight 6s produces. No wonder they always win the awards. http://www.ukintpress.com/engineofth...nners/3_4.html

Just by looking at the mods in your sig, your next mods should be in the handling department. Oh...I've the RSGTs, which are lighter than LMs and looks cool. BMW + BBS = classic.

Here's the pic.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:23 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Datax is right on the money with everything, BMW and BBS's go hand in hand hah, and coilovers/sways would be one of the best/most fun and noticeable upgrades, even just PSS9's for that car make it amazing handling!

Old 02-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Smoltz is infamous around these parts
ok guys, so i didnt know where to post this but since i will post pics of my dads new turbo i decided to post here...well my C4 cab is gone and i just came back today from going out to ohio to pick up my 2004 ///M3. the car is loaded with every option except nav. it is silver grey with a cinnamon interior and had 15XXX miles when i picked it up. now comes the best part...MODS!!!

K40 radar 360 protection with radar diffuser(thing is AMAZING)...pullies, h&r springs accompanied by koni adj shocks...currently there are mille miglia winter wheels and tires but also have the stock 19s with nitto extreme tires on them...the car has a b&m short shifter, supersprint headers, SS section 1 cats, SS section 2 non resonated pipe, and dinan free flow exhaust, and gruppe m kevlar ram air intake, a custom tuned chip by powerchip and what i fell in love with...4.10 gears!!!!!!

the forum is not letting me post at the moment, but i will try again later and tomorrow...as well as personal driving impressions of the car
Congrats, but LOL. I remember going back and forth with you on the 996 vs. M3 thread and your repeated assertions of the inferiorirty of the M3.

Go figure.

I'm guessing your opinion is differnet now. Enjoy, the E46 M3 is an awesome car.

-Adam

Old 02-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by Smoltz
Congrats, but LOL. I remember going back and forth with you on the 996 vs. M3 thread and your repeated assertions of the inferiorirty of the M3.

Go figure.

I'm guessing your opinion is differnet now. Enjoy, the E46 M3 is an awesome car.

-Adam
dont get me wrong, this M3 is a great car, but the 911 has a different feel. i love both cars and respect them for what they are, i will say this this, if it was a bone stock M3 to a bone stock 911 (C2, C4, etc,) my pick would be the 911 any day. this car is far from stock now tho so all i will say it I LOVE IT and cannot wait to get more time int he seat, esp when the weather gets warm.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Smoltz is infamous around these parts
dont get me wrong, this M3 is a great car, but the 911 has a different feel. i love both cars and respect them for what they are, i will say this this, if it was a bone stock M3 to a bone stock 911 (C2, C4, etc,) my pick would be the 911 any day. this car is far from stock now tho so all i will say it I LOVE IT and cannot wait to get more time int he seat, esp when the weather gets warm.
8000RPM FTW!

Enjoy!

-Adam

Old 02-20-2007, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by Smoltz
8000RPM FTW!

Enjoy!

-Adam
Thank you Adam! i appreciate the kind words...and oh yea, its more like 8500 with the chip!