996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My new ride...plus my dads 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 10:40 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
My new ride...plus my dads 996TT

ok guys, so i didnt know where to post this but since i will post pics of my dads new turbo i decided to post here...well my C4 cab is gone and i just came back today from going out to ohio to pick up my 2004 ///M3. the car is loaded with every option except nav. it is silver grey with a cinnamon interior and had 15XXX miles when i picked it up. now comes the best part...MODS!!!

K40 radar 360 protection with radar diffuser(thing is AMAZING)...pullies, h&r springs accompanied by koni adj shocks...currently there are mille miglia winter wheels and tires but also have the stock 19s with nitto extreme tires on them...the car has a b&m short shifter, supersprint headers, SS section 1 cats, SS section 2 non resonated pipe, and dinan free flow exhaust, and gruppe m kevlar ram air intake, a custom tuned chip by powerchip and what i fell in love with...4.10 gears!!!!!!

the forum is not letting me post at the moment, but i will try again later and tomorrow...as well as personal driving impressions of the car

Old 02-17-2007, 11:38 PM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
my 03.5 had all those mods & you are right the 4.10's are the best mod on the m3. Many call it the poor man's S/C.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:47 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER-TT
my 03.5 had all those mods & you are right the 4.10's are the best mod on the m3. Many call it the poor man's S/C.
i dont think i will ever go forced induction on it, its sooo much fun as it is, and there are plent of mods, although i am thinking of getting the SS race exhaust in place of the dinan. any thoughts?

Old 02-18-2007, 12:12 AM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
I had the SS Race. Loved it. It is more aggressive then the Dinan & is very light.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:22 AM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
dinan is more quieter i believe

Old 02-18-2007, 12:53 AM
i think i might be getting that exhaust...i dont want it to be so loud that its annoying...i love the sound of a full SS system...SO MEAN!

Old 02-18-2007, 03:03 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
^^haha, oh the irony!

(remembering some heated debates about Porsche Vs M3 on e46fanatics...haha)

The M is a great car and I hope you enjoy it...the 4.10 REALLY makes that car FLY...youll be suprising MANY an unsuspecting 996 carrera!

Old 02-18-2007, 05:08 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
What did i tell you in EVERY arguement Greg haha, M3's are AMAZING. 4.10's pullies and everything you have make it even more enjoyable, DO NOT go FI, its perfect as is, well as soon as you get that SS Race muffler on :P

You know from my videos how intoxicating it is haha!

Congrats again, awesome car you picked up and amazing color combo!

Old 02-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by sechsgang
^^haha, oh the irony!

(remembering some heated debates about Porsche Vs M3 on e46fanatics...haha)

The M is a great car and I hope you enjoy it...the 4.10 REALLY makes that car FLY...youll be suprising MANY an unsuspecting 996 carrera!
Thank you! LOL, yea there def were some heated discusions to say the least...i actually hope ill be able to hang around with 997S' and hopefully one of my good friends shebly gt 500.

Old 02-18-2007, 05:21 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
i actually hope ill be able to hang around with 997S' and hopefully one of my good friends shebly gt 500.
I've heard an M3 is faster than the 997S if you have the 4.10s . . .

Old 02-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
What did i tell you in EVERY arguement Greg haha, M3's are AMAZING. 4.10's pullies and everything you have make it even more enjoyable, DO NOT go FI, its perfect as is, well as soon as you get that SS Race muffler on :P

You know from my videos how intoxicating it is haha!

Congrats again, awesome car you picked up and amazing color combo!
yea yea...i love the car...im thinking...SS race, aluminum brushed pedals, what else can i do without going FI? i cant think of anything besides getting into forging internals, cams and throttle bodies but not sure i would even dare. i plan on staying NA, as this is what its meant for...the car does sound F1 like at like 7500 rpms!

heres a couple pics...will post pics of the ///m and the turbo later

Attached Images   
Old 02-18-2007, 05:24 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
I've heard an M3 is faster than the 997S if you have the 4.10s . . .
With just 4.10's no, but with all of the mods on Greg's car im sure of it!

Old 02-18-2007, 05:42 PM
If you wanna stay N/A call Joel at BHS and tell him Adam sent ya. He did a great job on mine and Scott's cars.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
With just 4.10's no, but with all of the mods on Greg's car im sure of it!
i hope so...i was driving a little bit today and was spinning out on these skinny little winter tires...LOL...DSC works great! cannot wait to turn it off tho when it gets warm and the pavement is totally dry

Old 02-18-2007, 06:10 PM
master_jcp is infamous around these partsmaster_jcp is infamous around these parts
Congrats! The E46 M3 is the best 3-series ever!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new ride...plus my dads 996TT