996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Help-- PSM/ABS failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 12:45 PM
rxkeven is infamous around these parts
Might just be deposits triggering the MAF

I am in Temecula but take my car to OC to get serviced. When I had this issue with my 01 at 44k miles, the mechanic tried everything to get the problem resolved. Replaced the sensors & the wiring (some people have commented that rodents love TTs)

What fixed the problem was a good servicing, with a thurough clean out of any and all deposits in the intakes. (at least that is my understanding)

That was 4 months ago and the car has been 100% since. The good news is I know that every thing is in tip top shape now because they had to go thru the entire car. It was like getting a really good PPI all over again.

Best of luck -

Old 02-23-2007, 02:25 PM
jay_ftw is infamous around these parts
Hope you get it fixed Mike! I need to go for a drive soon

Old 02-23-2007, 02:30 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
That's a strange one, Mike. Like others, I had similar symptoms when my MAF went. Let us know what they find out.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:34 PM
MikeR is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the good wishes. I have tried to let the dealer know that other owners have had similar symptoms and what they found to have caused the problem, but the dealer turns a deaf ear.

I have another question: At what point do I stop paying for labor when the dealer can't find the problem? Right now, I believe I am at 2 hours on the quote, and they have been searching for more hours than that. I mean, if they spend 16 hours searching, I don't want to have pay 16 hours for them to find the actual problem, then pay for repairs. I will call and ask what they plan on doing.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:21 PM
another update.....

Spoke with the dealer. They say their diagnostic tools are not pointing them in the right direction. Maybe they are looking at it upside down. Still not sure of the problem, but believe it might be the cluster panel in the dash, and should have an answer tomorrow. I bet I will see my car next week.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:22 PM
dcoty is infamous around these parts
Hey,
Im taking my car in for a PSM/ABS failure tomorrow and he assured me they would have it back by the end of the day. Ill let you know what caused it.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by dcoty
Hey,
Im taking my car in for a PSM/ABS failure tomorrow and he assured me they would have it back by the end of the day. Ill let you know what caused it.
Good luck. I hope your repair goes smoother than mine. Thanks any info I can pass on would be great. Look forward to seeing you car done.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Ill post everything tomorrow

Old 02-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Ok back from the dealer and sadly, not too much to report. They said they tested my MAF and it was fine and everything else was in check. My boost problem calmed down now that it warmed up to -5C and the car was running fine, but I have gotten PSM/ABS failure several times before. Their explanation for the PSM/ABS problem was weel spin or wheel hop under hard acceleration, but so far Im not so sure its that. Sorry I cant be much more help than that!
Dan

Old 02-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Dan,
I hope yours is taken care of and you don't get the failure lights anymore. Mine is still in the shop. The dealer did not even work on the car today. Tech out sick.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:16 PM
supraduc is infamous around these parts
ok i had this psm/abs failure and my head lights were funkey it was the igniton switch... hope this helps

Old 02-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Mike- If my PSM/ABS failure comes on again I wont be too surprised; technically nothing is different with the car from when I brought it in (well, they informed me my tranny is leaking...yay). Anyway, they sure didnt seem too concerned about it, I even went into the garage bay and chatted with the mechanic for a while to make sure he knew exactly what was wrong. I dont think they should take too long for them to diagnose your problem at your dealer. Let me know what they come up with...

Supraduc- I never had any weird headlight issues when it happend; have you seen the code since?

Old 02-26-2007, 12:11 AM
supraduc is infamous around these parts
nope no code since was a direct result of my ignition switch

Old 03-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Well, still no answers! Cars been at the dealer for 1 week. They believe its the ABS wiring harness for the front left wheel. So now they are looking for a broken wire. The SA, keeps asking, are you sure your brake pad light wasn't on? I keep saying NO, but obvisouly you have gotten it come on. (It has not lit up since I have had the car)

Old 03-01-2007, 08:14 PM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
Good luck Mike. I hope they dont try to bend you over the short table.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help-- PSM/ABS failure