996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

SECC Dyno Day (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 10:28 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Joe,

I actually wondered that because my buddy dynoed his FGT after long tube
(made by Ford!)headers and it put some impressive numbers down. He also
pulled me everytime on highway pulls in my "480 trim". He didnt kill me though.

thanks,
MK

Old 02-24-2007, 11:25 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
So what you are saying is that the Supra made 1054 rwhp SAE and the Viper made 1025 rwhp SAE? However, the Viper made more rwhp UNCORRECTED?

If that's the case then the Viper dyno'ed in ideal conditions and the Supra must have dyno'ed in crappy conditions (compared to the Viper - meaning hotter, more humid, worse barometric pressure conditions, etc...). HOWEVER, regardless, the bottom line is that the ONLY way to compare two dyno sheets (even on the same day) is to look at SAE corrected numbers.

Peter

Originally Posted by RennTechV12
The 1054 was adjusted, the numbers I gave were raw, so the Viper still made more. It was on 19's too

Old 02-24-2007, 11:53 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by houstonT
So what you are saying is that the Supra made 1054 rwhp SAE and the Viper made 1025 rwhp SAE? However, the Viper made more rwhp UNCORRECTED?

If that's the case then the Viper dyno'ed in ideal conditions and the Supra must have dyno'ed in crappy conditions (compared to the Viper - meaning hotter, more humid, worse barometric pressure conditions, etc...). HOWEVER, regardless, the bottom line is that the ONLY way to compare two dyno sheets (even on the same day) is to look at SAE corrected numbers.

Peter
No. I'm saying that the Supra made 1015 and the Viper made 1045. The 1054 is the corrected number for the Supra, I didn't see the corrected number for the Viper. They were both dynoed with an hour or two of each other, so the correction factor should be the same. The Viper made more RWHP.

Old 02-24-2007, 01:32 PM
DEANWYSOCKI is infamous around these parts
amazing numbers on those...........

Old 03-04-2007, 08:21 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Wrong, the Supra made more RWHP SAE Corrected and therefore won the competition... No worries, nothing to be ashamed of, getting beat by a lil' ol' 183 ci car...
Peter

No. I'm saying that the Supra made 1015 and the Viper made 1045. The 1054 is the corrected number for the Supra, I didn't see the corrected number for the Viper. They were both dynoed with an hour or two of each other, so the correction factor should be the same. The Viper made more RWHP.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:00 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Wrong, the Supra made more RWHP SAE Corrected and therefore won the competition... No worries, nothing to be ashamed of, getting beat by a lil' ol' 183 ci car...
Peter
I didn't get beat. My motor is only a 3.6

You seem to know more about the event that I do, were you there?

Old 03-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Nope but was on the phone with someone there as the cars were dyno'ing, hence the reason I know the SAE corrected numbers for both cars...
Peter

I didn't get beat. My motor is only a 3.6

You seem to know more about the event that I do, were you there?

Old 03-05-2007, 06:00 AM
VRAlexander
Attachment 46725

IDEA: Lets just take this to the Highway and settle it for good...I will bring the High-Def cams!

Last edited by VRAlexander; 04-04-2007 at 04:09 AM.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:20 AM
PERFECT, TX2K7 in Houston, in 11 days, my car and ANY PORSCHE that wants to run, 60-160, I will take the extra weight of the passenger in my car and video tape the race! I am already running OHIO (promotive 600+ rwhp) for fun, anyone else???
Peter

Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Attachment 46725

IDEA: Lets just take this to the Highway and settle it for good...I will bring the High-Def cams!

Old 03-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Kinesis 996 is infamous around these parts
Did the silver SLR get a chance to go onto the dyno? I wonder what kind of numbers it can put out?

Old 03-05-2007, 05:37 PM
PERFECT, TX2K7 in Houston, in 11 days, my car and ANY PORSCHE that wants to run, 60-160, I will take the extra weight of the passenger in my car and video tape the race! I am already running OHIO (promotive 600+ rwhp) for fun, anyone else???
Peter
My money's on the Supra. After seeing some of those things run, I know what they are capable of

Old 03-05-2007, 05:40 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Houston T where were you on HPD day?? there were several porsches there and none of them were beat?? silver and a white supra went down in flames to a gorgeous 996 Turbo!!! Ask HPD and the 200 cars that were there!!! yes and they shall be ther for the TX2k7

Old 03-06-2007, 03:56 PM
VRAlexander
Peter
Lets do it! DOT street tires (No Drag radials) and you can name the start and end speed! Looser buys a Steak dinner...and I like 3 Forks as well as DelFriscos in Texas ..

Old 03-06-2007, 06:51 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
VRAlex,

Are you making a "Cameo" at the Supra Nationals in Houston coming up??

MK

Old 03-06-2007, 09:58 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Lets do it! DOT street tires (No Drag radials) and you can name the start and end speed! Looser buys a Steak dinner...and I like 3 Forks as well as DelFriscos in Texas ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SECC Dyno Day (pics)