996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

SECC Dyno Day (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 07:25 PM
dkp993 is infamous around these parts
900 lb diet AND kill mode goodies!!!! HOLY S-IT!!! Vids are a must for those of us who live vicariously through you big horsepower guys!!

Old 03-07-2007, 08:53 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Cars are being loaded as I type this
The turbo is making a 'pit stop' at Protomotive for some added KILL MODE goodies I am expecting a mid 3 second 60-130mph ( 4.4 was previously indicated by the AX-22).... I also installed one inch taller (LSR) tires to bring up the top end to 232mph...this will be the place to find out just how many others will have the ***** to stay in the throttle until the car starts bouncing off the revlimiter in top gear! I am expecting some amazing fun races...I want to compare the car to the 1500hp Vipers....which in my mind should pull me in the low range (below 180mph) but will have no chance above that.....Oh did I mention that the turbo went on a 922.6lb diet?
The other car on the trailer can pull the 996tt at any speed...so the fun will continue if the turbo gets put to shame by the big boys...

Peter-
Looking forward in meeting you and sharing some great stories over a Steak dinner...my treat....I hope you like Red Wine....I am opening a 1.5liter of 1971 Petrus Pomerol for all the 6speeders there! Cant wait for Thursday!!!!!!
Go get em Alex!!

Old 03-07-2007, 08:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
I guess the only way to find out is to actually run 'em

On the way home, we did the 3 and go and I pulled him hard from 60 - 120...go figure
I told u

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-07-2007, 09:00 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
My money's still on the Supra...

No 996TT can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTL4rvbmck4
I saw this run from half track and it actually was losing traction at half track.Crazy!When he came back from the pits the owner said to his buddy"not bad for for burnin the tires to half track"

Old 03-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I guess the only way to find out is to actually run 'em

I've got a buddy with a TT C5 Vette, who went 10.5 @ 144 last Saturday. On the way home, we did the 3 and go and I pulled him hard from 60 - 120...go figure
Joe I know what your saying ,I actually pulled him upstairs on this pass and caught him by the traps http://media.putfile.com/SECC-DRAG-DAY (the first one in the vid) even after he got the leave.When you got me out of the gate believe it or not I couldn't run you down.Go figure .

Old 03-07-2007, 09:27 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Alex - I will gladly accept your offer, I love steak and red wine, I'm in!!!!! I am looking forward to running you, I won't be able to hang with a 3 second 60-130 car, but I will do my best! Have that camera ready bud! Please introduce yourself when you get to Houston, I will be the one running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to make sure the event runs smoothly!
Peter

Old 03-08-2007, 02:20 AM
VRAlexander
My money's still on the Supra...

No 996TT can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTL4rvbmck4
Nice 1/4mile run with the Supra!!

Thanks for your support Joe .....lol....I can drop by Phoenix on the way back home and run him from a freeway roll.....looser of the bet (meaning you in this case ) buys dinner at the Salt Celler....deal?...

I tell you one thing based on previous experiences...with that MPH on the Freeway....He has NO CHANCE!!!

Old 03-08-2007, 02:24 AM
VRAlexander
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by joetwint
Go get em Alex!!
Thanks bro!! I will make shure to get LOTS of Video and represent 6speedonline!!

Originally Posted by houstonT
Alex - I will gladly accept your offer, I love steak and red wine, I'm in!!!!! I am looking forward to running you, I won't be able to hang with a 3 second 60-130 car, but I will do my best! Have that camera ready bud! Please introduce yourself when you get to Houston, I will be the one running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to make sure the event runs smoothly!
Peter
Thanks Peter....and hats off to you for taking the time to put on such an amazing event....I have heard nothing but good stuff.....If you need a hand in ANYTHING...I volunteer...I will also have a crew of 8 guys there to help!! Just put me to work!

Old 03-08-2007, 08:13 AM
AZBoostjunkie is infamous around these parts
The Supra's forte is top end racing, not 1/4 mile, so when you see a Supra that runs a great 1/4 mile it means it is an absolute beast top end.

Like Joe I would put my $$$$ on Peter's car, although a 900 pound diet on the Porsche puts the car at 750+ pounds less than a Supra....

Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Joe,
1/4 I agree.... but roll ons... not sure.
Take Todd Zs black TT and roll it from 60 to 180 and I bet it will be alot closer then u think.
just my opinion.
mark

Old 03-08-2007, 08:14 AM
That same C5 was trapping 130 MPH (multiple passes) at the end of the day, so it's possible something was different at that point than when it pulled 144 MPH.

Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I told u

Old 03-08-2007, 08:18 AM
I'm sure he would be up for that, the problem (for you) is that he has about 15 PSI and nitrous on top of it to go. The car has another 20+ MPH in it on the 1/4.

If you come down to run him let us know, I would love to watch.

Thanks for your support Joe .....lol....I can drop by Phoenix on the way back home and run him from a freeway roll.....looser of the bet (meaning you in this case ) buys dinner at the Salt Celler....deal?...

I tell you one thing based on previous experiences...with that MPH on the Freeway....He has NO CHANCE!!!

Old 03-08-2007, 09:23 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AZBoostjunkie
That same C5 was trapping 130 MPH (multiple passes) at the end of the day, so it's possible something was different at that point than when it pulled 144 MPH.
I ALWAYS beat Glenn no matter what he does, stop making excuses for him

Old 03-08-2007, 09:24 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute

The 996TT family of cars does seem to have the greatest HWY pulling abilty per HP, so...

Come on through! I'll buy dinner anyway!

Old 03-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Troublemaker

I ALWAYS beat Glenn no matter what he does, stop making excuses for him

Old 03-08-2007, 10:55 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Guilly, you are correct....a P-car that weighs almost 1,000 lbs. less than a Supra will be able to walk the Supra with MUCH LESS rwhp. In addition, all wheel drive is great from a 60+ punch. The Supra will be spinning, even on DR's, from that mph... In either case, it will make for good video and we'll all have a good time.

Alex - you did it now man, I will 100% take you up on your offer. I have PM'ed you my number in the past, call me when you're getting into Houston! See you soon!

Peter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SECC Dyno Day (pics)