996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

SECC Dyno Day (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 11:35 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AdamT
If anyones 996tt can do this then its got to be a protomotive car...
Yup, nobody else

Old 03-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AZBoostjunkie
Most HIGH HP Supras are 6speed cars. Driving a Supra with TH400 is a lot more difficult than you think, managing wheelspin is still a monumental task even with an auto car, it is of course easier than with a manual car.

From a roll is all about driver, weight, gearing, HP and aerodynamics, I believe the gearing and aerodynamics are close to each other on Supras and 996TT Porsches so it all comes down to weight, driver and power!
the two 1200+ HP supras I seen in Chicago both had auto trannies.
my other point that I forgot to mention is that we dont have AEM stand alones... we dont have 2 step nor anti lag... I cant spool up my turbo to 30 psi and go... we have traction control we have to fight as well. So at the 1/4 strip we dont have a chance....
once we are moving... I agree.. its all driver, HP, and aerodynamics.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-09-2007, 01:21 PM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
Alex,

Could you elaborate on your weight saving measures?

Cheers,

adam

Old 03-09-2007, 02:53 PM
AZBoostjunkie is infamous around these parts
In AZ there's only 1 high HP auto Supra, all the other ones are 6speed cars.

And I hear you on the AEM, 2 step, etc.

Originally Posted by MARKSKI
the two 1200+ HP supras I seen in Chicago both had auto trannies.
my other point that I forgot to mention is that we dont have AEM stand alones... we dont have 2 step nor anti lag... I cant spool up my turbo to 30 psi and go... we have traction control we have to fight as well. So at the 1/4 strip we dont have a chance....
once we are moving... I agree.. its all driver, HP, and aerodynamics.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Yup, nobody else
who else would you suggest then?

Old 03-09-2007, 04:17 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AdamT
who else would you suggest then?
Who's at the top of all of the performance lists for 996TTs? or maybe you just suggestively forgot to read that part

Old 03-09-2007, 05:20 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Who's at the top of all of the performance lists for 996TTs?
All the aircooled cars

Old 03-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by ZLP
All the aircooled cars

Old 03-09-2007, 05:24 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Its in the 996TT forum right? Otherwise Alex's Promotive car has had the fastest 60-130 I have seen.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by ZLP
Its in the 996TT forum right? Otherwise Alex's Promotive car has had the fastest 60-130 I have seen.
All I see is Markski and Todd Z tied at 5.64, and Alex at 5.9x, how do you figure that he is the fastest?

60 -130 mph (96.5-209.2 kph):

5.64 - Markski / RWD / Driftbox / 2 shifts
5.64 - Todd Z / RWD / Driftbox / 2 shifts
5.9x - VRAlexander / AWD / AX-22 *1.3 BAR run / 2 shifts
6.15 - DMK / RWD / Driftbox / 0 shifts
6.45 - RenntechV12 / GT2 / Driftbox / 0 shifts

Old 03-09-2007, 05:29 PM
ZLP
All I see is Markski and Todd Z tied at 5.64, and Alex at 5.9x, how do you figure that he is the fastest?
Alex has posted faster times on here and rennlist(not sure why they are not up?. Promotive and Evo are both great tuners but for people who want the 1000+hp build it seems like Promotive is the one that consistantly puts out those numbers.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by ZLP
Alex has posted faster times on here and rennlist(not sure why they are not up?. Promotive and Evo are both great tuners but for people who want the 1000+hp build it seems like Promotive is the one that consistantly puts out those numbers.
I think that that is a matter of opinion/preference and not just fact. Both companies have successfully built high HP cars that perform well. EVOMS's car has the highest trapspeed and fastest 1/4 mile times reported for a 996TT. Markski's car is exactly the same (down to the 100th of a second) in the 60-130 as the EVOMS car. So they both are formidable.

EVOMS had about 6 or 7 cars consistenly churning out multiple, back to back 10 second passes at our drag day last Saturday (all but 2 were driven to and from the track).

Old 03-09-2007, 05:40 PM
ZLP
I think that that is a matter of opinion/preference and not just fact. Both companies have successfully built high HP cars that perform well. EVOMS's car has the highest trapspeed and fastest 1/4 mile times reported for a 996TT. Markski's car is exactly the same (down to the 100th of a second) in the 60-130 as the EVOMS car. So they both are formidable.

EVOMS had about 6 or 7 cars consistenly churning out multiple, back to back 10 second passes at our drag day last Saturday (all but 2 were driven to and from the track).
Ok we all know you EVO so lets just forget it.... All these threads that turn into sticking up for one's tuner are pointless.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by ZLP
Ok we all know you EVO so lets just forget it....
Since you guys have, once again, so skillfully HiJacked another one of my threads...I'm just asking you to base your statements on fact, that's all. I haven't had any problems doing it. What are your FACTS?

Last edited by RennTechV12; 03-09-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Who's at the top of all of the performance lists for 996TTs? or maybe you just suggestively forgot to read that part
If its the one where your GT2 is the fastest in the world, then enough said really, lol....

Evo builds good engine packages, has good service and overall from what i have researched has a well deserved and loyal customer base- Protomotive builds engine packages as well, but then also goes a step further and makes totally bespoke works of automotive engine art....which, even myself as a diehard Ruf fan will concede, nothing gets close to.

very best,
adam

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SECC Dyno Day (pics)