996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

SECC Dyno Day (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 05:53 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AdamT
If its the one where your GT2 is the fastest in the world, then enough said really, lol....
Still waiting for somebody to produce proof of one that's faster, hasn't been shown yet...man that "world's fastest" thing really gets to you guys, huh?

Old 03-09-2007, 05:56 PM
AdamT has a spectacular aura aboutAdamT has a spectacular aura about
Doesnt get to me, i find it quite funny actually.

Old 03-09-2007, 05:57 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Doesnt get to me, i find it quite funny actually.

Great, while you're laughing, find me some proof to the contrary

Old 03-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Hey Adam, go ahead and "google" "world's fastest GT2" and see what you find...oh wait, I already did it for you:http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

Old 03-09-2007, 06:09 PM
As much as i hate to say it, 9ff are making GT2's with considerable amounts of bhp, with performance out of this world. Far beyond your car.... Their reliability and driveability on the otherhand is another matter for discussion, but nevertheless the world is a BIG place and theres always someone out there with more $$$ and more craziness. Its a fact.

At the end of the day, its your signature and you can write whatever you feel like. But im going to keep chuckling to myself everytime i see it

I think we have digressed too far from your original posting and thread, please pm if you would like to continue discussing the intricacies of worlds fastest this or that.

very best,
adam

Old 03-09-2007, 07:58 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Great, while you're laughing, find me some proof to the contrary
This one went 224mph. Have you beat that?

Old 03-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by ZLP
This one went 224mph. Have you beat that?
I've never tried. what were it's acceleration times like?

Old 03-09-2007, 08:28 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Well fastest refers to top speed so thats why I asked.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:15 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
those 9ff things that get labelled the "world's fastest" etc... are kinda a sham. I mean they're the laggiest 996tt's ever invented. They're built to turn high top speed numbers but it only takes like an hour to get there

Old 03-09-2007, 09:16 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
As much as i hate to say it, 9ff are making GT2's with considerable amounts of bhp, adam
Adam how come you "hate to say it"... Do I sense a touch of bias

Old 03-09-2007, 09:29 PM
ZLP
Originally Posted by sharkster
those 9ff things that get labelled the "world's fastest" etc... are kinda a sham. I mean they're the laggiest 996tt's ever invented. They're built to turn high top speed numbers but it only takes like an hour to get there
Regardless, it's a purpose built car. 249mph is no sham.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by ZLP
Regardless, it's a purpose built car. 249mph is no sham.
As a one off top-speed achievement... hats off to them but the fact that a few local guys got duped into buying one as the "ultimate and fastest daily driver etc..." was somewhat of a sham Call around the local dealerships but there were about three cars that were in a very bad state indeed... 1 out of 4 aint bad I guess

Old 03-09-2007, 09:52 PM
ZLP
As a one off top-speed achievement... hats off to them but the fact that a few local guys got duped into buying one as the "ultimate and fastest daily driver etc..." was somewhat of a sham Call around the local dealerships but there were about three cars that were in a very bad state indeed... 1 out of 4 aint bad I guess
Why anyone in the bay area would make that compromise for a extremly high top speed is beyond me.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by ZLP
Why anyone in the bay area would make that compromise for a extremly high top speed is beyond me.
no idea That car belonged at the bonneville salt flats more than on the road though.. that's for sure. What with that weird front-end and rear treatment...

Old 03-10-2007, 03:12 AM
Adam how come you "hate to say it"... Do I sense a touch of bias
I dislike 9ff as much as i dislike the idea of crashing at high speed- i.e a lot

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SECC Dyno Day (pics)