996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2/GT700 vs. GSXR 1000 (video)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:26 PM
sy996tt is infamous around these partssy996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RESQ911
Oh yeah, definetely a man cop, and a chick filming Nice run Joe.
chick? neg rep fpr you -4... oh wait.. nevermind......

Old 02-20-2007, 10:07 PM
RESQ911 is a jewel in the roughRESQ911 is a jewel in the roughRESQ911 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by sy996tt
chick? neg rep fpr you -4... oh wait.. nevermind......

Ha, ha,....the stuff we're going to get away with

Old 02-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
I am sure he was surprised. I have a 2006 Kawasaki ZX10R and the bike is scary fast. Any car I have run with hasn't even been a contest. I couldn't imagine if my turbo was as fast as my bike. Guess I have to keep saving my pennies for a real turbo package!

Old 02-20-2007, 11:35 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
The only thing missing from the video is the "Mike Myers" commentary !!
LOL !

MK

Old 02-21-2007, 06:27 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Nice run, Joe.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:45 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Joe you really need to have the camera in the car and someone with a steady hand that video SUCKED!

Nice run though, glad you are excerising that GT700!

Old 02-28-2007, 04:07 PM
ex-DSMer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
The only thing missing from the video is the "Mike Myers" commentary !!
LOL !

MK
Groovey baby, yeah! Haha. I'm the gixxer rider in the film . That Saturday was absolutely gorgeous so when Mark (Sand Bandit) invited me to a dyno event with a bunch of sweet cars I couldn't pass it up.

As for the race, I was on it and was trying to ride her as fast as she would go as I figured Joe's car would be fast but I had no idea it would be that fast. I was only able to put about a car length, if that, on Joe's GT2. At one point I wasn't sure if he was still there (focusing on what was going on in front of me) so I popped up from behind my windscreen and looked back, when I saw he was still right there, I thought, holy s**t, and I ducked back down and twisted the grip again, hahaha.

Joe, good race we'll have to do it again . Thanks for the kind words but I've only just got back on a bike about 9 months ago, I guess riding it every day though helps to build some skills rather quickly . As far as speed mods, my bike is all stock except for a Yosh slip-on exhaust. Its a quick SOB but when dealing with these caliber of cars one needs to bring more to the table than 150hp. I wouldn't stand much of a chance against that TT Viper. When you two got on it so did I but that thing is a monster and I could'nt reel it in so I gave up. I think if we started side by side from 60 I'd hang with him til about 130-140 to which he'd then just walk away from me. We'll have to try it .

Also, I do believe during one of the races I saw 170+ on my digital speedomoeter. Do any of you have a GPS device? I'd really like to know how accurate, or inaccurate, my speedometer is.

Win or lose, looking forward to more races....

Mike

Last edited by ex-DSMer; 03-01-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:56 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ex-DSMer
Groovey baby, yeah! Haha. I'm the gixxer rider in the film . That Saturday was absolutely gorgeous so when Mark (Sand Bandit) invited me to a dyno event with a bunch of sweet cars I couldn't pass it up.

As for the race, I was on it and was trying to ride her as fast as she would go as I figured Joe's car would be fast but I had no idea it would be that fast. I was only able to put about a car length, if that, on Joe's GT2. At one point I wasn't sure if he was still there (focusing on what was going on in front of me) so I popped up from behind my windscreen and looked back, when I saw he was still right there, I thought, holy ****, and I ducked back down and twisted the grip again, hahaha.

Joe, good race we'll have to do it again . Thanks for the kind words but I've only just got back on a bike about 9 months ago, I guess riding it every day though helps to build some skills rather quickly . As far as speed mods, my bike is all stock except for a Yosh slip-on exhaust. Its a quick SOB but when dealing with these caliber of cars one needs to bring more to the table than 150hp. I wouldn't stand much of a chance against that TT Viper. When you two got on it so did I but that thing is a monster and I could'nt reel it in so I gave up. I think if we started side by side from 60 I'd hang with him til about 130-140 to which he'd then just walk away from me. We'll have to try it .

Also, I do believe during one of the races I saw 170+ on my digital speedomoeter. Do any of you have a GPS device? I'd really like to know how accurate, or inaccurate, my speedometer is.

Win or lose, looking forward to more races....

Mike
Glad you found our little nut-house here known as 6speed!

Are you going to bring the bike out to the Drag Day this Saturday?

Old 03-01-2007, 12:17 AM
JWC
JWC is infamous around these parts
Dang you ran with a GSXR 1000! That means you would whip my Aprillia RSV 1000 Factory. Good run ...and very fast car you have.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:27 AM
ex-DSMer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Glad you found our little nut-house here known as 6speed!

Are you going to bring the bike out to the Drag Day this Saturday?
Unless something comes up, Yes.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:41 AM
JR.
Banned
JR. is infamous around these parts
Joe,

impressive car..
my friend is moving to scottsdale and i plan to keep one of my bikes in his garage..
it will be a 2005 gixxer 1000 or the next gen hayabusa, due out in august.
i do want to meet and play with you guys.. we like the same fun.
do you know Dino from MBworld?
JR

Old 04-27-2007, 10:42 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JR.
Joe,

impressive car..
my friend is moving to scottsdale and i plan to keep one of my bikes in his garage..
it will be a 2005 gixxer 1000 or the next gen hayabusa, due out in august.
i do want to meet and play with you guys.. we like the same fun.
do you know Dino from MBworld?
JR
I do. I saw him 2 weeks ago at an event. Let me know when you come!

Old 04-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Joe,

I am going to support the hijacking claim in your sig, but you no longer have the worlds fastest GT2 if measured by 60-130.

However, you did post the all time coolest clip on 6 speed (the one where the Supra jumped in front of you in the 1/4 mile)....that was amazing!