996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

X73 Porsche Factory Suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Al Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the roughAl Pettee is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by johnselli
Can anyone provide any pics of their car with the X73 suspension? I'd like to see what the drop looks like compared to the Pss9/10
My '05 TSCab with X73, parked next to my MTM-supercharged Audi RS4:

Attached Images    
Old 01-04-2011, 02:54 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
How was the ride of the x73 vs. the PSS9/10 set up?

Originally Posted by Wolk's Wagon

X73

PSS10's, they are adjustable so not sure what you are expecting as far as stance goes.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
Subscribing. I've got stock suspension but am trying to figure out which way to go as well (lowering springs, X-73, PSS10, etc.)

Old 01-04-2011, 10:01 AM
GatorTT is infamous around these parts
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...eir-996tt.html

Scroll to the bottom for some on track pictures and measurements.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Wolk's Wagon is infamous around these partsWolk's Wagon is infamous around these parts
How was the ride of the x73 vs. the PSS9/10 set up?
X73 was too hash for me on the street, felt over dampened in the rear. I did not get to track that setup but I'm sure it was great for the track.

I wanted a more supple ride for a daily commute that could be cranked down for track days, and the PSS10's fit the bill.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:24 PM
TekNiC3 is infamous around these partsTekNiC3 is infamous around these parts
X73 was too hash for me on the street, felt over dampened in the rear. I did not get to track that setup but I'm sure it was great for the track.

I wanted a more supple ride for a daily commute that could be cranked down for track days, and the PSS10's fit the bill.
Just got the X73 installed. It is stiff. I can see that if you live in a place with bumpy roads, it can be a little bothersome.

But for me, it was what I was looking for.

I also had H&R sway bars, front and rear, installed.

Now the car feels planted. Find myself taking turns, freeway on/off ramps, at much higher speeds.

I'll get a measurement of the height after a week or two. Right now, it seems to be sitting a little higher than I expected. Hope that after the springs settle, it'll drop another 1/4".

Old 01-13-2011, 12:07 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TekNiC3
Just got the X73 installed. It is stiff. I can see that if you live in a place with bumpy roads, it can be a little bothersome.

But for me, it was what I was looking for.

I also had H&R sway bars, front and rear, installed.

Now the car feels planted. Find myself taking turns, freeway on/off ramps, at much higher speeds.

I'll get a measurement of the height after a week or two. Right now, it seems to be sitting a little higher than I expected. Hope that after the springs settle, it'll drop another 1/4".

Cool, keep us posted. I'm curious to see how much it settles. It's interesting from the number of cars I've seen pictures of with the X73 that they all seem to have slightly different ride heights. At least it looks like it in the pictures.
I do like the stance of the yellow car with the x73 in one of the earlier posts.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Wolk's Wagon is infamous around these partsWolk's Wagon is infamous around these parts
Cool, keep us posted. I'm curious to see how much it settles. It's interesting from the number of cars I've seen pictures of with the X73 that they all seem to have slightly different ride heights. At least it looks like it in the pictures.
I do like the stance of the yellow car with the x73 in one of the earlier posts.
Name:  911yellow.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  32.6 KB
Here is a a different angle.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Will do.

It's been two day so far, the car is about 1/8" lower than the first day

Old 01-13-2011, 11:58 PM

Here is a a different angle.

Very nice....

Old 01-18-2011, 11:06 PM
Installed for 1 week so far:

In terms of handling, I can't be happier. Firm ride, but not over the top. The car is now very stable when I hit a bump or bumps in the middle of the turn. With the sway bars, the car stays very very flat through turns.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:52 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
car looks great