996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

how fast at Streets of Willow or Horse Thief Mile?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 05:35 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
how fast at Streets of Willow or Horse Thief Mile?

Just wondering for all you track gurus that frequent these tracks... what do the quicker production cars run? Fast turbos and GT2/3's for instance?

Am asking because the Mines tuned Skyline GT-R just posted a 1:21 time at Streets of Willow, and a 1 minute dead at Horse Thief, both of which are supposed to be very impressive times...

Sorry if am a bit OT here...

Old 03-06-2007, 06:40 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Hesperus:

Certainly not a direct answer but last summer I ran a 1:52 at Brainerd Intl
Raceway (DonneyBrook), and your friend Herr Ruf and Stefan Roser have been there several times along with Steve Beddor (would be his "home track" if he has one).

Are you saying that someone in a Skyline that you own turned a 1:21 at Streets of Willow?? I believe that is Cup Car fast!!

Good luck!

Marty K.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:43 PM
3.6TT/2 = 1.8T
Kraftwerk is infamous around these partsKraftwerk is infamous around these parts
Mine's is a very well respected Japanese tuner. Been doing Skylines, EVOs, etc for years. He wasn't referring to "mines" as in his, or at least I don't think.

Last edited by Kraftwerk; 03-06-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:17 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk
Mine's is a very well respected Japanese tuner. Been doing Skylines, EVOs, etc for years. He wasn't referring to "mines" as in his, or at least I don't think.
www.mines-wave.com

Old 03-06-2007, 11:17 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Hesperus:

Certainly not a direct answer but last summer I ran a 1:52 at Brainerd Intl
Raceway (DonneyBrook), and your friend Herr Ruf and Stefan Roser have been there several times along with Steve Beddor (would be his "home track" if he has one).

Are you saying that someone in a Skyline that you own turned a 1:21 at Streets of Willow?? I believe that is Cup Car fast!!

Good luck!

Marty K.
Yup, as Kraftwerk said, Mines are a Jap tuner. Sort of like the EvoMS/Proto/Ruf/Manthey (take your pic) of Skylines over there. They go for overall balance rather than outright power. their 600+HP track car revs to 10k and is a beast to behold.

From what I heard, the 1:21 is right up there with hardcore pure racecars. Yet the AFAIK the GT-R has a full interior, ICE, etc...

there's a video on the web but its a torrent, not yet on YouTube...

Old 03-06-2007, 11:57 PM
SallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the rough
It really depends on the configuration.

Counter Clockwise is faster than clockwise. If you cut out the bowl, it comes time.

You can look up the POC records:

http://www.porscheownersclub.org/eve...krecords.shtml

Old 03-07-2007, 01:25 AM
95C2 is infamous around these parts95C2 is infamous around these parts
I agree with SallyMobile; it's difficult to compare the two different configurations as one is definately faster. For the sake of simplicity, I'll assume that the Skyline ran the same configuration as the club guys. Professional racer Bill Auberlan ran a 1:17.87 in a GT3 RS during an endurance race a few years back. The fastest non-professional guys are churning out high 1:19's in the same car. As you can tell, the driver is a huge factor. The fastest turbos that have run at that track are putting 860 wheel horsepower and have turned low 1:17's and rumored but unofficial 1:16's with non-professionals behind the wheel.

To answer your question more directly, that is a very impressive time for a street car. That is probably Cup car territory w/ an above average driver behind the seat. That's my analysis. Feel free to critique it!

Old 03-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by 95C2
I agree with SallyMobile; it's difficult to compare the two different configurations as one is definately faster. For the sake of simplicity, I'll assume that the Skyline ran the same configuration as the club guys. Professional racer Bill Auberlan ran a 1:17.87 in a GT3 RS during an endurance race a few years back. The fastest non-professional guys are churning out high 1:19's in the same car. As you can tell, the driver is a huge factor. The fastest turbos that have run at that track are putting 860 wheel horsepower and have turned low 1:17's and rumored but unofficial 1:16's with non-professionals behind the wheel.

To answer your question more directly, that is a very impressive time for a street car. That is probably Cup car territory w/ an above average driver behind the seat. That's my analysis. Feel free to critique it!
thanks very much for the info. I really don't know very much about what constitutes a fast time at that track. someone just referred me to the posted time of the Mines car, saying it had set a new production car record, so I wanted to verify the claim.

Cheers!

Old 03-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Banned
Eric523 is infamous around these parts
The endurance races and such that POC puts on are on the big track at Willow. There are two different tracks there. The big track is run in one direction only, and The Streets of Willow that can be run both clockwise and counter, with or without the bowl.
Those numbers for Auberlin in a cup car are on the big track, I believe, NOT the STREETS of Willow.

I personally have ran 1:16 on the streets of willow in the clockwise config without the bowl with the car in my avatar. I have ran 1:28 my only day out on the big track in the same car.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:43 PM
95C2 is infamous around these parts95C2 is infamous around these parts
Eric you are 100% correct. I misread the original post. All of the times I to which I was referring were recorded on the big track. Blame it on lack of sleep.

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what are the specs on car in your avatar?

Old 03-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Banned
Eric523 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 95C2
Eric you are 100% correct. I misread the original post. All of the times I to which I was referring were recorded on the big track. Blame it on lack of sleep.

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what are the specs on car in your avatar?
It started life as a 73 E believe it or not. It has full cage, fire system, fuel cell. The bodywork is all fiberglass, actually a little shorter than a 996. The rear has a full 993 suspension with JRZ's all the way around. The last time it was running it had a 3.2, a 3.6 is on the ground next to it waiting for some action. It's run with Motec engine management, also has a Motec dash. 6-Speed 993 trans and 2400lbs.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:51 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Hesperus, are you in the socal area?

Old 03-10-2007, 03:32 AM
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
Hesperus, are you in the socal area?
hi! nope, i'm actually from S.E. Asia...