996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Beware!!headers From Maxspeed-motorsports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Billystang is infamous around these parts
Beware!!headers From Maxspeed-motorsports

I bought a pair of Headers for my new k24s from MAXSPEED-MOTORSPORTS 2-3Months ago.
I tried to installed them yesterday,guess what they dont fit good.
I mean one of them is bend a inch off at the driver side and the turbo seats little off to the right i have to fit the exhaust and figure out something.
The passenger side header the metal who touches the heads is 1/2 of the size (thinner)off the original headers and needed smaller size screws to fit correctly.That fit hm!!little off at the exhaust too.
I dont even call them cause i know they will be all excuses like
we sold so many and have no problems e.t.c. (i know the story)
Overall
MY OPINION NOT TO BUY THEM.
I hope everything will be ok and the car will work fine!
if not i will try to return them(Good Luck!!!)

Old 03-07-2007, 12:46 PM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
THanks for the heads up. I will make sure to steer clear of them when I look for headers for my Prius.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Indykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the roughIndykid is a jewel in the rough
Are those the E-bay headers?

Old 03-07-2007, 01:14 PM
yES THEY ARE!!!!
E-BAY
NEIL from orton talled me no to buy any headers keep the factory!
Now i pay the price!
Thats what happen when you want to save money some times!!!!

Last edited by Billystang; 03-07-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:08 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Did you buy the wicked convertable that is in your sig? How do you like the car?

Old 03-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by str8blst
Did you buy the wicked convertable that is in your sig? How do you like the car?
No I Wish!
I bought a car from the Wicked company a 02 996 TT with techart upgrades

Old 03-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Banned
Eric523 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Billystang
No I Wish!
I bought a car from the Wicked company a 02 996 TT with techart upgrades
WOW! Congrats!! I bet that is one WICKED ride.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:55 PM
Bodybag has a spectacular aura aboutBodybag has a spectacular aura about
I purchased a set from them at about the same time you did. I rec'd one header that had been installed (it had obvious gasket material on the collector flange) and one "new" header. They were very quick to exchange the item and were very responsive to the problem. Give them a shot at taking care of it, my own experiance tells me they will with no problem.

FWIW, my headers fit perfectly.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:23 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I would call them and give them a chance to rectify.
Fabiani should take care of you.

Good luck, no excuse for poor fitment, simple jigging should ensure fit every time.

Marty K.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:30 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
You get what you pay for I would have stuck to someone I have heard of like Evoms for headers.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:40 PM
cpu77 is infamous around these parts
THANKS for trying these! I also looked at buying them. Regardless what others say it's good to try and fail. If you never take a chance you will never get ahead.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Guys they are the k24 evoms headers from maxspeed. From an inside source I ehar that the evoms headers are made in taiwan where these headers are. I think there the exact same except to final prep which migh tbe done locally. Call maxspeed. Im sure they will rectify. I know I didnt buy these headers even though I was gonna but aftr hearing about the evoms headers being form taiwan, I would have. Any one from Evoms please feel free to chime in and correct me if my sources are wrong.

-Suman

Old 03-08-2007, 12:39 PM
doccao is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the heads up! Ebay products are usually hit-n-miss. This may sound cheezy, but my TT is too precious to me to cut corners. If I don't have the $$$ for mods, then I'd rather wait.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:52 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I can tell you that the EVO headers are made here. They are not the same headers. Sorry. I thought that until I really researched the issue.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:40 PM
[quote=WOODTSTER]I would call them and give them a chance to rectify.
Fabiani should take care of you.

Good luck, no excuse for poor fitment, simple jigging should ensure fit every time.

Fabiani? not the guy from FabSpeed is it?
The fitment problem is not a simple jigging it took 3 hrs. and I still couldn't make them fit I tried many things but nothing worked.
I talked to him today and he told me maybe they sent the wrong ones and I sent mine back. He said he will take care of me if he does I send all my apologize to him for this but I was very mad before I talked to him on the phone finally. I'll keep you informed it might not be his fault and I'm blaming him. We will see soon!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beware!!headers From Maxspeed-motorsports