996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

10.11 sec.@ 142.46 mph(getting closer)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 10:49 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Joe,

what axles are you guys (You and Todd Z.) running and how have you
gotten so many runs in without breaking?

Did your car arrrve in NYC yet?

MK
EVOMS 300M axle kit.Marty, you of all people know our cars are slow POS........We have probably just been lucky.............and maybe our track didn't have enough traction to break em.....or they are just really good axles .

Car doesn't leave AZ till atleast this friday or latest monday.Should be in NY 2 weeks later.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Mark, congrats man. Bring it home bro (a 9 sec pass).

Old 03-12-2007, 11:50 AM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Great pass!! You are only a gnat's *** away from being the 1st 996TT to go 9's!!

Old 03-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cgmeredithjr
Awesome run Markski! I thought that your trap speed would be higher. Shouldn't your car be able to gain at least 35MPH in the second 1/8? That would put you over 150! My car would only hit 98-99 in the 1/8, but would gain 33-35 in the second 1/8 and trap 133-134.
Cleve
We averaged 115 mph on all 4 runs we did @ the 1/8th mile. We also have a higher rev limiter so we are in 3rd doing so... then we switch gears at 128 mph into 4rth... that means we are at the beginning of 4th gear and thats where we loose to Todd Zs run... we only gain appx. 14mph in 4th gear. Todd Z is probably doing twice that. And thats his gain. I also think that he probably is running out of gear and has to shift into 5th just b4 the 1/4 and we obviously do not... thats his loss...
So trying to compare the 2 runs between Todd Z and I are somewhat skewed in my opinion especially when trying to understand the guts of the 1/4 run... our shift points are way different.
even though we did Ok I still do not think GT35rs are optimal for the track. As a matter of fact I know that Bobby ( who has run 9s in his 993TT) has extensive knowledge and according to him a gt30r with a 76 mm compressor would be the the way to go as far as 1/4 times...
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 03-12-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:05 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
street legal supras... only in the since of the word.. I have seen some of these turbos... and the ones that are out in HPD .. none of them are legal.. not one has a state inspection sticker LOL

Old 03-12-2007, 01:58 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
there are so many exhausts for the 996tt that would cause you to fail emissions and not get an inspection sticker.. does this mean they arent street cars? if that was the case, any 996tt above a stage 2 wouldnt be street legal.. since when did the size of a turbo determine if it was street legal?

Originally Posted by robmd99
street legal supras... only in the since of the word.. I have seen some of these turbos... and the ones that are out in HPD .. none of them are legal.. not one has a state inspection sticker LOL

Old 03-12-2007, 01:59 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
LOL... hey I passed!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chidoks
there are so many exhausts for the 996tt that would cause you to fail emissions and not get an inspection sticker.. does this mean they arent street cars? if that was the case, any 996tt above a stage 2 wouldnt be street legal.. since when did the size of a turbo determine if it was street legal?
most high HP supras or any other car for that matter run stand alones... and BTW I have a fully built Evo8 that does not pass emissions...
they run stand alone systems without MAFs. So ODB2 testing at the emissions is not possible. In our state we have both the ecu testing and the dyno smog testing... no way a 1100 hp supra will pass. no way my evo will pass... I have no mafs .
once u take out the stock electronics ur done... and most of the fast supras run on AEM.

click to view

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 03-12-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Mark,

Many of the fast Supras are now using the HKS F-Con V-pro...I know that is what Tommy Bahn recommends. It is an amazing stand alone.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:48 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
your state does ecu testing a lot of states dont.. there are a lot of non obd2 supras too.. there are also bpu supras with standalones.. does that mean they arent street cars? i think the definition of a street car is open to interpretation.. if a car is full weight, can run on pump gas, has working power steering and ac and can be driven 500+ miles.. i dont see how the car is not a street car.. The main reason people run standalones is to gain tunability and not have a single prepackaged deal to fit every setup.. with mkiv's there are a variety of options to go with when upgrading so it isnt possible to make a single program to fit stage 1, 2, 3 or 4.. whereas with the 996tt, tuners sell their upgrades with a prepackaged ecu chip..

my supra has an aem standalone.. its a non obd2 car and it passes emissions legally.. does this mean my car isnt a street car because i have a standalone? i think its open to interpretation.. maybe i'm just more hardcore than others? cos i still consider a gt800 a street car...

your theory has a lot of holes in it.. a jdm supra which came with a map sensor instead of a maf sensor could run on methanol only and be considered a street car while an intake/exhaust us supra with the maf deleted wouldnt be considered a street car..

Originally Posted by MARKSKI
most high HP supras or any other car for that matter run stand alones... and BTW I have a fully built Evo8 that does not pass emissions...
they run stand alone systems without MAFs. So ODB2 testing at the emissions is not possible. In our state we have both the ecu testing and the dyno smog testing... no way a 1100 hp supra will pass. no way my evo will pass... I have no mafs .
once u take out the stock electronics ur done... and most of the fast supras run on AEM.

Last edited by chidoks; 03-12-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:53 PM
motec is what all the big guys are switching to.. many stories of aem ecu's crashing on people.. i've been lucky so far.. *knock on wood*

Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Mark,

Many of the fast Supras are now using the HKS F-Con V-pro...I know that is what Tommy Bahn recommends. It is an amazing stand alone.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
There has been many arguments about what is a "street car"... my point is have it registered and insured... then I know ur a street car at least in the legal term. Just dont bring it on a trailer with full slicks to do a street race.
If u cant drive it then u cant race it... thats just my opinion.
markski

click to view

Old 03-12-2007, 03:08 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
The Motec will fail smog immediately. You need the 996tt ECU to pass. In Calif. the turbo's with the pressurized MAF's, intakes air by the turbo's and external wastegates are also really going to have a hard time passing smog.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:12 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
We averaged 115 mph on all 4 runs we did @ the 1/8th mile. We also have a higher rev limiter so we are in 3rd doing so... then we switch gears at 128 mph into 4rth... that means we are at the beginning of 4th gear and thats where we loose to Todd Zs run... we only gain appx. 14mph in 4th gear. Todd Z is probably doing twice that. And thats his gain. I also think that he probably is running out of gear and has to shift into 5th just b4 the 1/4 and we obviously do not... thats his loss...
So trying to compare the 2 runs between Todd Z and I are somewhat skewed in my opinion especially when trying to understand the guts of the 1/4 run... our shift points are way different.
even though we did Ok I still do not think GT35rs are optimal for the track. As a matter of fact I know that Bobby ( who has run 9s in his 993TT) has extensive knowledge and according to him a gt30r with a 76 mm compressor would be the the way to go as far as 1/4 times...
mark
Markski,

It is really going to be interesting where KA ends up with her gearing.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
Chad,
I think Im going to run something by u off line

click to view

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 10.11 sec.@ 142.46 mph(getting closer)