996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Minor Speeding Ticket Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 02:17 AM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
If you need some help...I can help you with some tips.

I have said this before...RADAR tickets are the EASIEST to win...PERIOD. There are just tooo many factors that can give a false reading.

I dont know NJ laws..but I have some experience fighting tickets here in CA. Sooo...FWIW...if you want to fight this...I mean really fight this...going all the way..miss 2 days of work and all that...drop me a PM with your number and a good time to chat and I can give you some hints. Some peeps here already stated some tips..

his radar gun..
- when was the last time it was calibrated
- when was the last time he was re certified to use it
- is it the most current model that the state uses? You will be surprised that some police are too cheap or lazy or both to buy new radar guns and continue using the old ones and you can get off on that.

your specific situation
- 1:45AM on any hwy...going over 20 is "reasonable" plus you were going DOWNHILL...you just need to explain that..and the judge would have to atleast aknowledge that fact.
- I know in CA you have to have a speed survey done on any stretch of hwy that is being radared. You have to check in your state. The cop must show you a recent and updated survey.
- take some video/photos of the exact spot. Show it in DAY TIME speeds...and show it at night time speeds..and then show it when you were stopped. You are trying to show the judge that the speed you were going is actually COMMON and happens all the time because the nature of the hwy.

and my secret weapon...math. I have a trick I use that will win everytime..using MATH baby! Anyways...think about it...you have options. If you are really want to fight and go all out...drop a PM and I can help ya!

Old 03-15-2007, 05:40 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
thanks for the help! i'll let you know in a few days.

Originally Posted by AsianImage

I have said this before...RADAR tickets are the EASIEST to win...PERIOD. There are just tooo many factors that can give a false reading.

I dont know NJ laws..but I have some experience fighting tickets here in CA. Sooo...FWIW...if you want to fight this...I mean really fight this...going all the way..miss 2 days of work and all that...drop me a PM with your number and a good time to chat and I can give you some hints. Some peeps here already stated some tips..

his radar gun..
- is it the most current model that the state uses? You will be surprised that some police are too cheap or lazy or both to buy new radar guns and continue using the old ones and you can get off on that.

your specific situation
- 1:45AM on any hwy...going over 20 is "reasonable" plus you were going DOWNHILL...you just need to explain that..and the judge would have to atleast aknowledge that fact.
- I know in CA you have to have a speed survey done on any stretch of hwy that is being radared. You have to check in your state. The cop must show you a recent and updated survey.
- take some video/photos of the exact spot. Show it in DAY TIME speeds...and show it at night time speeds..and then show it when you were stopped. You are trying to show the judge that the speed you were going is actually COMMON and happens all the time because the nature of the hwy.

and my secret weapon...math. I have a trick I use that will win everytime..using MATH baby! Anyways...think about it...you have options. If you are really want to fight and go all out...drop a PM and I can help ya!

Old 03-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AsianImage

his radar gun..

your specific situation

New Jersey = Doesn't matter if the cop is wrong, hes always right.

K now in all honesty, you can go this route, if you don't mind skipping work twice or so. Fax them over a request for the discovery, and ask for all the documents regarding the calibration of the radar gun, give me your email address I have two documents of testimony you can look at, you can then ask the cop the same questions etc to see if you can get him to slip up. Or actually let me see if I can dig up the docs right now.

Here we go next two posts...

Old 03-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Officer Takes The Stand:
The prosecution's direct examination will go something like this:
PROSECUTOR – Please state your name and number of years on the force.
OFFICER – My name is Officer Griffith and I have been on the force for 15 years.
PROSECUTOR – Would you please tell the court how you observed the defendant speeding?"
OFFICER – On Jan 21, I was situated in the median of the highway on
I-95 facing south in-between mile marker 26 and 27 when I clocked the defendant traveling at 72 mph, 12 miles above the posted speed limit in his white 99 Pontiac Grand Am, license plate number HHT-810. I clocked him speeding with my hand held radar unit. Before using it, I checked the unit for any outside interference and concluded that there was none substantial that could have altered the reading in any way.
PROSECUTOR – Did you have a clear look at the defendant's vehicle?
OFFICER – Yes I did, traffic was light that day and no barriers or obstructions between our paths.
PROSECUTOR – This radar unit used to measure the defendants speed, was it functioning properly? If so, how do you know?
OFFICER - Yes, the radar gun was functioning properly at the time the violation occurred. Earlier that day, I tested the unit by pushing the internal check button. The preprogrammed speed showed on the screen. I then checked the device using special tuning forks set at different speeds. Later, after the ticket was issued, I went back to my vehicle and conducted a second test with the tuning forks. Everything was working just fine.
PROSECUTOR - With regards to the radar gun, what kind of training do you have?
Now the officer will go on and on about his training and certifications and how he's the best and he's been working with radar guns for 15 years and how he recently finished mandatory training school and blah blah blah. He will do a very good job at convincing you and everyone in the courtroom how much of a "professional" he is on radar guns.

Now the prosecutor will emphasize the fact that the radar gun was in working order.
PROSECUTOR – In your professional judgment, was there anything wrong with the radar gun prior to stopping the defendant that could have altered the reading? Has the radar gun undergone any major repairs?
OFFICER – No, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the unit. It is only several months old. I conducted all required procedures to ensure an accurate reading. I also checked for any outside interferences.
PROSECUTOR – Prosecution rests its case Your Honor.
Now, the prosecution thinks it's got you right where it wants you. The prosecution will sit down and the judge will ask you if you would like to cross examine the witness.
Now it is your turn to ask the questions. Make it short and sweet. The fewer questions you ask the better. Get this over with as soon as possible. Attack with your very first question and take him down from there.
Stick to the objective and don't get side tracked. You're only here to attack the prosecution's evidence and not prove your innocence.
SPECIAL NOTE: It is assumed that you have thoroughly listened to the officer's testimony for any required steps he may have omitted. For the sake of simplicity we will also assume that the officer testified to everything he was supposed to testify to. If he didn't, refer back to The Testimony Counterattack.

SCENARIO #1
Officer Testifies To Testing The Radar Gun:
DEFENDANT – Officer, who conducted the testing on the radar gun?
Many times a first shift officer will test the radar gun and hand it over to the second shift which in turn will hand it over to the third shift officers. Other times there are two officers in the squad car and only one of them tested the unit.
If the officer on the stand is not the same officer who conducted the test, I would motion for a dismissal if the officer that performed the actual test is not present in court. Remember that only the officer that actually performed the test can testify to doing so.
OFFICER – Officer Dugan performed the test.
DEFENDANT - Is Officer Dugan in the courtroom today?
OFFICER – No he is not.
DEFENDANT – Your Honor, the officer has just testified that he was not the one who performed the accuracy test on the radar gun. He has also testified that the officer who performed these tests is currently not in the courtroom today. Unless the officer who performed these tests is in court to testify right now as to performing the tests, I motion for a dismissal.
If the officer on the stand is the same one who performed the test on the radar unit:
DEFENDANT – Officer, you claim that you tested the radar gun on the day I was ticketed. Can you provide an arrest log or activity log showing the time and date you performed this test? (It's important that he show you BOTH before and after the arrest).
If the officer can not provide an arrest log (or activity log) that documents these tests being performed I would ask for a dismissal.
If he does provide a log, check for these things:
1. Original document (Best Evidence Rule).

2. The arrest log is for the exact radar gun being used (match serial numbers).
3. Performed the test before and after the ticket was written.
4. The radar gun was checked out that day by the same officer. (Police officers must sign for the radar gun they will be using that day. The arrest log will show who the radar gun was issued to. Match up the names).
5. The arrest log is for the exact date and time you were ticketed.
Okay, let's handle each one separately:
Let's say the officer does provide an activity log. Make sure it is not a photocopy.
If it is...
DEFENDANT- Your Honor, this activity log the officer has provided is not the original. I ask that an original copy be presented if available as stated in the Best Evidence Rule. If an original is not available please have the prosecution submit evidence that the original activity log is not available and prove that this is a genuine copy of the original. If they fail to do so, I object to a photocopy being introduced as evidence.
OR
Let's say the judge denies your motion or the activity log the prosecution has presented is an original document. Next you will want to match the serial number of the gun being used that day with the one in the activity log.
Make sure they match!
DEFENDANT- Officer, what is the serial number of the radar gun used to clock my speed?
If he says he doesn't know, I would request that the activity log be inadmissible as evidence:

DEFENDANT- Your Honor, the police officer doesn't know the serial number of the radar gun he used to clock my speed. Since he does not know this crucial piece of information he can not, to a legal degree of certainty, say that this activity log the prosecution has furnished is for
the exact radar gun he used. I motion for the court to reject this activity log as evidence.
If the officer does know and the activity log shows a different serial number:
OFFICER - The Serial # is 12302.
DEFENDANT- Your Honor, the radar gun I was clocked with is serial number 12302. The activity log the prosecution has presented is for radar gun 23450. Since these are not one in the same radar guns, I motion to the court for a dismissal. (Paper work always gets mixed up.)
OR
Check to see that the officer performed the test before and after the arrest. If it shows that the officer only performed the test before the arrest, I would ask for a dismissal.
[b]DEFENDANT-[/B] Your Honor, this activity log only shows a test before the officer ticketed me. There is nothing in here that shows a test being performed after the arrest was made, as every radar manual suggests and as dictated in the case laws I have furnished. Since this vital test was not done, the radar gun can not be considered accurate in the eyes of the law. I motion for a dismissal.
OR
While looking at the activity log, make sure the officer testifying is the same one on the log. Before the officer goes to court someone else will usually give him the log to bring with him. It's very possible that this other person gave the officer the wrong log book. Actually, from my experience this happens about 40% of the time.
If that's the case...
DEFENDANT- Your Honor, the prosecution has presented an activity log that has a different officer's name on it. Since this is not the same officer who administered the traffic stop and is not here to testify, I motion for a dismissal. (Again, paper work gets mixed up.)
OR
Compare dates and times on the activity log with the exact date and time you were ticketed. If they don't match up, ask for a dismissal.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Banned
DEFENDANT – Mr. Officer, when you target vehicles using a stationary radar unit, that is when you are situated on the side of the road, is there a scope for you to look through so that you can clearly aim at specific vehicles to ensure you are targeting the right vehicle?
OFFICER – Yes.
DEFENDANT – Being that you used moving radar, did you use this scope to target my vehicle?
OFFICER – No. (He will say no because it is impossible and not to mention dangerous for him to look through the scope of the radar unit while it is fixed to his dash and drive his vehicle at the same time.)

DEFENDANT – Then officer, how did you determine that my vehicle and only my vehicle was the one that gave the speed reading on your radar unit?
Now it really doesn't matter what he says. You have damaged his testimony enough to have your case dismissed.
DEFENDANT – Your Honor, the laws of physics prove that as a radar beam travels it also widens. This width can be as wide as 400 feet. As such, since the officer did not specifically target my vehicle, he can not to a legal degree of certainty say that my vehicle and only my vehicle caused the reading on his radar unit. I motion for a dismissal.
If you've made it this far and the judge has still not dismissed the case, you're last recourse is to make known the numerous errors that can occur with moving radar. The more you can give… the better. The objective here is to reiterate the fact that some or all of these errors could have occurred while the officer was attempting to calculate your speed.
Shadow Effect:
DEFENDANT – Mr. Officer, what is a shadow effect and how can it contribute to a false speed reading?
A shadow effect error occurs when the second beam used to calculate the officer's patrol car speed - by locking on to nearby objects on the road - instead locks on to a nearby vehicle in front of the patrol car (usually a large truck).
For example, a patrol car is traveling at 50 mph. It is approaching a large truck directly in front traveling at 40 mph. The low doppler shift beam of the radar unit locks onto the back of the large moving truck and returns a strong low doppler shift back to the receiving end of the radar unit.
The radar gun will then read the closing speed of the patrol car on the truck. This will make the radar unit think that the patrol car is only traveling at 10 mph
(50 – 40 = 10).
When a vehicle approaches from the opposite direction, at let's say 60 mph, the radar unit will actually calculate this vehicle's speed as 100 mph. Because the radar unit has calculated the officer's speed as 10 mph and is closing in on the approaching car at 110 mph (vehicle's actual speed + patrol's actual speed).
As a result, the radar unit calculates the approaching vehicle's speed as 100 mph (110 – 10 = 100) or (closing speed – officer's speed = vehicle's speed). This inaccurate speed is 40 mph over the actual speed of the target vehicle!

Look Past Error:
DEFENDANT – Mr. Officer, what is a look past error and how can it contribute to a false reading?
A look past error is when the radar "overlooks" the target vehicle and instead bounces off of a different vehicle. This is especially true with moving radar since the officer doesn't scope out an individual vehicle and the radar gun bypasses a small reflection in exchange for a larger one further down the road (as with a large truck).
Studies have shown that the readings from a radar unit can often be from a larger vehicle as far as ¾ miles down the road!
Fan Interference Error:
DEFENDANT – Mr. Officer, what is fan interference error and how can it contribute to a false reading?
A fan interference error is when a radar unit mounted inside the patrol car will have the tendency to read the pulse of the fan motor (a/c, heater, or defroster). This will override patrol car speed reflected from the roadway. When this happens the false speed reading produced from the fan will be substituted for patrol speed in the moving radar's calculation of target speed. Since the fan speed is considerably less than the patrol's speed, this will calculate the approaching vehicle's speed as being higher than what it actually is.
Batching:
DEFENDANT – Mr. Officer, what is batching and how can it contribute to a false reading?
Already discussed above.
Bumping Error:
DEFENDANT – Mr. Officer, what is bumping error and how can it contribute to a false reading?
Bumping error is when the officer slows down, as when to turn around and give chase in the opposite direction. The turn around lessens the patrol car's speed and increases or "bumps" the target vehicle's speed.

Cosine Error:
DEFENDANT – Mr. Officer, what is cosine error and how can it contribute to a false reading?
Already discussed above.
If at any time, the officer says that he does not know a particular error, ask him when was the last time he read his radar manual. Tell him that these errors are clearly listed in his manual and that a properly trained person should at least be familiar with such errors in order to prevent them from happening. This will also be a good time to motion for a dismissal.
If at any time the officer says he is not supposed to know the technical workings of the radar unit I would ask him if these errors are listed in his handbook. If he says they are, then I would ask him when was the last time he read it and why he's not required to know them. This is also a good time to motion for a dismissal.
Closing Argument
It is highly unlikely that you will have to give a closing argument. More than likely your case will be dismissed by then. But it is still a good idea to have one ready just in case.
It's not possible for me to write one for you here because there are just too many factors involved and each particular case is different. However, I can give you a couple of pointers.
First, you will want to mention the fact that no judicial notice exists in your state and that the judge still allowed the case to continue without expert testimony and that the prosecutor failed to prove judicial notice does exist.
Also, remind the judge of all of the different errors you brought up during cross examination that could have occurred and that the police officer has not proven that they didn't.
Finish off by saying that the police officer has not proven, to any legal degree of certainty, that he clocked your vehicle with a reliable method of speed enforcement and that you ask for a verdict of not guilty.
Final Remarks:
You may use this Moving Radar Defense in conjunction with the MUTCD Defense further below. Ask for a traffic survey if all else fails. You may begin

your line of defense with the MUTCD Defense or you may start with the defense you see here and if the judge still hasn't dismissed the case you can start asking for a traffic survey for the stretch of road you were caught speeding.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Banned
...yeah I've studied this stuff for quite a while...

Old 03-15-2007, 11:27 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
It's all good information, thanks.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:35 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
woah.. awsome!!! hahaha... great stuff!! putting the police officer thru the ropes =P i wish i could do that when i got my ticket.. sadly it was the other way around

Originally Posted by Origyns 973
Officer Takes The Stand:
The prosecution's direct examination will go something like this:
PROSECUTOR – Please state your name and number of years on the force.
OFFICER – My name is Officer Griffith and I have been on the force for 15 years.
PROSECUTOR – Would you please tell the court how you observed the defendant speeding?"
OFFICER – On Jan 21, I was situated in the median of the highway on
I-95 facing south in-between mile marker 26 and 27 when I clocked the defendant traveling at 72 mph, 12 miles above the posted speed limit in his white 99 Pontiac Grand Am, license plate number HHT-810. I clocked him speeding with my hand held radar unit. Before using it, I checked the unit for any outside interference and concluded that there was none substantial that could have altered the reading in any way.
PROSECUTOR – Did you have a clear look at the defendant's vehicle?
OFFICER – Yes I did, traffic was light that day and no barriers or obstructions between our paths.
PROSECUTOR – This radar unit used to measure the defendants speed, was it functioning properly? If so, how do you know?
OFFICER - Yes, the radar gun was functioning properly at the time the violation occurred. Earlier that day, I tested the unit by pushing the internal check button. The preprogrammed speed showed on the screen. I then checked the device using special tuning forks set at different speeds. Later, after the ticket was issued, I went back to my vehicle and conducted a second test with the tuning forks. Everything was working just fine.
PROSECUTOR - With regards to the radar gun, what kind of training do you have?
Now the officer will go on and on about his training and certifications and how he's the best and he's been working with radar guns for 15 years and how he recently finished mandatory training school and blah blah blah. He will do a very good job at convincing you and everyone in the courtroom how much of a "professional" he is on radar guns.

Now the prosecutor will emphasize the fact that the radar gun was in working order.
PROSECUTOR – In your professional judgment, was there anything wrong with the radar gun prior to stopping the defendant that could have altered the reading? Has the radar gun undergone any major repairs?
OFFICER – No, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the unit. It is only several months old. I conducted all required procedures to ensure an accurate reading. I also checked for any outside interferences.
PROSECUTOR – Prosecution rests its case Your Honor.
Now, the prosecution thinks it's got you right where it wants you. The prosecution will sit down and the judge will ask you if you would like to cross examine the witness.
Now it is your turn to ask the questions. Make it short and sweet. The fewer questions you ask the better. Get this over with as soon as possible. Attack with your very first question and take him down from there.
Stick to the objective and don't get side tracked. You're only here to attack the prosecution's evidence and not prove your innocence.
SPECIAL NOTE: It is assumed that you have thoroughly listened to the officer's testimony for any required steps he may have omitted. For the sake of simplicity we will also assume that the officer testified to everything he was supposed to testify to. If he didn't, refer back to The Testimony Counterattack.

SCENARIO #1
Officer Testifies To Testing The Radar Gun:
DEFENDANT – Officer, who conducted the testing on the radar gun?
Many times a first shift officer will test the radar gun and hand it over to the second shift which in turn will hand it over to the third shift officers. Other times there are two officers in the squad car and only one of them tested the unit.
If the officer on the stand is not the same officer who conducted the test, I would motion for a dismissal if the officer that performed the actual test is not present in court. Remember that only the officer that actually performed the test can testify to doing so.
OFFICER – Officer Dugan performed the test.
DEFENDANT - Is Officer Dugan in the courtroom today?
OFFICER – No he is not.
DEFENDANT – Your Honor, the officer has just testified that he was not the one who performed the accuracy test on the radar gun. He has also testified that the officer who performed these tests is currently not in the courtroom today. Unless the officer who performed these tests is in court to testify right now as to performing the tests, I motion for a dismissal.
If the officer on the stand is the same one who performed the test on the radar unit:
DEFENDANT – Officer, you claim that you tested the radar gun on the day I was ticketed. Can you provide an arrest log or activity log showing the time and date you performed this test? (It's important that he show you BOTH before and after the arrest).
If the officer can not provide an arrest log (or activity log) that documents these tests being performed I would ask for a dismissal.
If he does provide a log, check for these things:
1. Original document (Best Evidence Rule).

2. The arrest log is for the exact radar gun being used (match serial numbers).
3. Performed the test before and after the ticket was written.
4. The radar gun was checked out that day by the same officer. (Police officers must sign for the radar gun they will be using that day. The arrest log will show who the radar gun was issued to. Match up the names).
5. The arrest log is for the exact date and time you were ticketed.
Okay, let's handle each one separately:
Let's say the officer does provide an activity log. Make sure it is not a photocopy.
If it is...
DEFENDANT- Your Honor, this activity log the officer has provided is not the original. I ask that an original copy be presented if available as stated in the Best Evidence Rule. If an original is not available please have the prosecution submit evidence that the original activity log is not available and prove that this is a genuine copy of the original. If they fail to do so, I object to a photocopy being introduced as evidence.
OR
Let's say the judge denies your motion or the activity log the prosecution has presented is an original document. Next you will want to match the serial number of the gun being used that day with the one in the activity log.
Make sure they match!
DEFENDANT- Officer, what is the serial number of the radar gun used to clock my speed?
If he says he doesn't know, I would request that the activity log be inadmissible as evidence:

DEFENDANT- Your Honor, the police officer doesn't know the serial number of the radar gun he used to clock my speed. Since he does not know this crucial piece of information he can not, to a legal degree of certainty, say that this activity log the prosecution has furnished is for
the exact radar gun he used. I motion for the court to reject this activity log as evidence.
If the officer does know and the activity log shows a different serial number:
OFFICER - The Serial # is 12302.
DEFENDANT- Your Honor, the radar gun I was clocked with is serial number 12302. The activity log the prosecution has presented is for radar gun 23450. Since these are not one in the same radar guns, I motion to the court for a dismissal. (Paper work always gets mixed up.)
OR
Check to see that the officer performed the test before and after the arrest. If it shows that the officer only performed the test before the arrest, I would ask for a dismissal.
[b]DEFENDANT-[/B] Your Honor, this activity log only shows a test before the officer ticketed me. There is nothing in here that shows a test being performed after the arrest was made, as every radar manual suggests and as dictated in the case laws I have furnished. Since this vital test was not done, the radar gun can not be considered accurate in the eyes of the law. I motion for a dismissal.
OR
While looking at the activity log, make sure the officer testifying is the same one on the log. Before the officer goes to court someone else will usually give him the log to bring with him. It's very possible that this other person gave the officer the wrong log book. Actually, from my experience this happens about 40% of the time.
If that's the case...
DEFENDANT- Your Honor, the prosecution has presented an activity log that has a different officer's name on it. Since this is not the same officer who administered the traffic stop and is not here to testify, I motion for a dismissal. (Again, paper work gets mixed up.)
OR
Compare dates and times on the activity log with the exact date and time you were ticketed. If they don't match up, ask for a dismissal.

Old 03-16-2007, 02:24 AM
AsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the roughAsianImage is a jewel in the rough
hey Origyns...me and you should go into business together fighting tickets! hahahaha...

you got good info. Pretty much the info I was going to share as well.

Good stuff!

Old 03-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Knef911 is infamous around these parts
origyns...sounds like you've fought quite a few tickets, or preparing to ....the nolo press book on fighting speeding tickets makes for a good read too...

Old 03-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Knef911
origyns...sounds like you've fought quite a few tickets, or preparing to ....the nolo press book on fighting speeding tickets makes for a good read too...
Fought 7, 1 more to go, out of those 7 the total was supposed to be about 34 points, only got 6, this one coming up is supposed to be 2pts, thought I'm going to have it dropped to none. I hate this state and its a$$hole cops.

Old 03-17-2007, 01:03 PM
omg.. i didn't realized this, but in NJ they make your ticket public information??? i got over 20 advertisements from law firms wanting to help me fight the ticket! LOL

Old 03-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
omg.. i didn't realized this, but in NJ they make your ticket public information??? i got over 20 advertisements from law firms wanting to help me fight the ticket! LOL
...imagine how many I've received...

Old 03-17-2007, 05:02 PM
34 points?!?!?! OMG, doesn't that bring yuo to pretty much negative numbers if you are convicted of the full offense??? lol

Old 03-17-2007, 05:04 PM
34 points?!?!?! OMG, doesn't that bring you to pretty much negative numbers if you are convicted of the full offense??? lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Minor Speeding Ticket Advice