996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Minor Speeding Ticket Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 02:57 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Minor Speeding Ticket Advice

so talk about bad luck, i started driving "slower" since my accident with my 4S in the snow a few weeks back.. and i'm driving in NJ down a hill and a cop catches me on his speed measurement device going 75mph downhill in a 55mph zone (i normally drive a lot faster than that =P) anyways, he is on the other side and puts his lights on and goes for the u-turn to catch me... he catches me like 2 minutes down the road... i was thinking he was going to let me go but he still writes me up for the ticket!! i am disputing the ticket, any advice?

Old 03-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Dietz is infamous around these parts
I am *not* a lawyer - this is my opinion. You have rights. Avail yourself of them - depends on how *minor*, how many points it will cost you, and what your insurance premium will go up.

1.) Contest the ticket by pleading "Not guilty"
2.) Ask for a jury trial - not a judge.
3.) Pray that the Officer has something more important to do that day.
4.) read "How to avoid a speeding ticket" page 20
5.) Make it hard for *them* - ask as many questions you can that will be answered "I don't know" by the officer.
6.) Make model and calibration of the radar, did he do a "traffic survey", etc, etc, etc.

YMMV - I think if I do somethink wrong, I'll pay - and usually do...

Old 03-13-2007, 05:01 PM
nyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura aboutnyseal has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dietz
I am *not* a lawyer - this is my opinion. You have rights. Avail yourself of them - depends on how *minor*, how many points it will cost you, and what your insurance premium will go up.

1.) Contest the ticket by pleading "Not guilty"
2.) Ask for a jury trial - not a judge.
3.) Pray that the Officer has something more important to do that day.
4.) read "How to avoid a speeding ticket" page 20
5.) Make it hard for *them* - ask as many questions you can that will be answered "I don't know" by the officer.
6.) Make model and calibration of the radar, did he do a "traffic survey", etc, etc, etc.

YMMV - I think if I do somethink wrong, I'll pay - and usually do...
what he said

Old 03-13-2007, 05:01 PM
Banned
crazy1323 is infamous around these parts
download a book called cased dimissed. it is like 10 bucks and worth it. it has alot of vauable information.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:05 PM
FlyingLow is infamous around these parts
Disputing it on what grounds? 20 over is not minor. I have a ticket for the same and an arraignment set for May 1. After talking to my attorney I don't think you have much of a chance. Mine was written up so that I have to appear before the court and ask the judge's permission to take traffic school. I sincerely wish you good luck.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:11 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
My wife had $125 tickets. I called up the local traffic attorney office. His receptionist took down the info. and I faxed them the ticket. Paid them $250. Two weeks later got a dismissal letter in the mail. No court, no record and she didn't have to miss a day of work.
There may be a pie sharing system among the judge, officer and attorney.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Dietz is infamous around these parts
Old 03-13-2007, 05:22 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FlyingLow
Disputing it on what grounds? 20 over is not minor. I have a ticket for the same and an arraignment set for May 1. After talking to my attorney I don't think you have much of a chance. Mine was written up so that I have to appear before the court and ask the judge's permission to take traffic school. I sincerely wish you good luck.
hehe.. i think driving 75 in a 55 zone is a reasonable speed, espeically on an empty highway at 1:45am going downhill in an S55 ///AMG =P you should see how fast i normally drive in a 55 zone in my 4S

i almost got pulled over for going 9X in a 65 zone in vermont 2 weeks ago, luckily, there were 2 cars following me and the officer decided to pull the last one over instead of me!

Last edited by angldrkns9; 03-13-2007 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !Gramicci101 Is a GOD !
The whole radar calibration thing is that per the radar manufacturer, that model radar needs to be calibrated every so often (daily, weekly, whatever). The radar comes with a specific tuning fork for calibration.

So... if the radar maint. log does not show that the calibration was current when you got tagged, or that it was calibrated, but with the wrong tuning fork, then you can get the ticket dismissed because of faulty equipment.

If the officer was not trained on that particular model radar (even if he was trained on one very similar, it needs to be that PARTICULAR model), you can work with that too.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:54 PM
thanks for all the advice, my court date is all ready to go!

they usually just offer me a lesser plead anyways... just a pain to drive all the way back to princeton!
but then again, i do get a legit reason to not to go work that day too

Old 03-13-2007, 10:03 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
thanks for all the advice, my court date is all ready to go!

they usually just offer me a lesser plead anyways... just a pain to drive all the way back to princeton!
but then again, i do get a legit reason to not to go work that day too
Which town in NJ? I have lots of "legal" experience with tickets, because of that pretty thing in my av.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:12 PM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
Advice?

Pay it and keep earning at what you do instead of wasting a ton of time to save $100.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:18 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Just get an attorney that specializes in speeding tickets. I have a good firm I go through and its only $200 each time, if he doesnt win he doesnt get paid.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:36 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
I specialize in speeding tickets...

Old 03-14-2007, 12:10 AM

damn, 5 miles outside princeton NJ, i think it was route 1 or route 5, i'll check the ticket tomorrow!!

Originally Posted by Origyns 973
I specialize in speeding tickets...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Minor Speeding Ticket Advice