996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Update: Protomotive GT2 now at 715rwhp and 698rwtq

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Rob,

I am not going to run the 1/4 in my GT2...too hard on the car. She took enough abuse today and I am only going to enter her in the 60-130.

I was going to 1/4 the CTT, but she won't be ready in time.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:50 PM
VRAlexander
Congrats...another Protomotive brother on his way to beat up on some Supras.....charge the video and +1 for representing 6speed!!!

Old 03-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
You still coming down here Alex?

Old 03-16-2007, 07:51 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu

Jamie....why are you comming all the way to Houston and missing the track event? You now have a car that is great for straight line racing and track events. Why are you only experiencing half of your cars potential? Admitedly, tracking is hard on a car, but a GT2 has to be tracked at least once to really understand what the car is capable of.
Sean, thanks for the lecture....but once again you have no clue what you're talking about

Old 03-16-2007, 07:55 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Thanks everyone for the comments. Just landed here in Houston, should get the car tomorrow and we'll upload the videos as soon as we get a chance.

Robert, PM me, I don't think I have your cell.

Old 03-16-2007, 07:55 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Fellow sixspeeders..... I AM SO SAD!!!!!!!! I have waited for this event since last year and now I will probably be there in my King Ranch... I need some Lexapro or a ride in Alex's beast to shake my blues away!!!!!!
Cheers
Rob

Old 03-16-2007, 07:56 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by Powell
You still coming down here Alex?
I posted over in the other thread:

Good morning....long overdue rest ....I feel goooood...well seems like this thread is gone ViperAlley on me....

Peter...I am not pulling a 'Norm' on you with this one! I have several things to consider...

1) Do I want to go racing with a great group of guys??? - HELL YES
2) Do I want to drive to Texas three times (I am to do the Texas mile race which is the following week) in two weeks??? -AHHH NO!
3) Do I want to represent the Porsche family at the event - WITHOUT QUESTION
4) Is there a certain twin turbo Ford GT that I want to do some freeway videos with -ABSOLUTELY!!!
5) Do I want to verify my best 60-130 of 3.84 (chart below) - YES YES AND YES I DO

6) I was planning to drop the Supra BOMB on the event...Is she ready.... - BIG FAT NO!

Sorry..not going to make it this year....

Old 03-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I can already smell the C16 over here... Oh wait that was my VP jug I had to move.. Tomorrow hopefully will be the start of a bad *** weekend. Hoping on Sunday my little brother will make his first single digit pass in his Vette. Also looking forward to some fun runs between some fast cars!

Congrats on the numbers! Hopefully will be able to check it out tomorrow night at the meet.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Sean, thanks for the lecture....but once again you have no clue what you're talking about
Your'e right, Jamie: I have no clue as to why you do not want to track a car built for the track. Actually, I have a clue, but I am too polite to articulate it.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:11 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by Powell
I can already smell the C16 over here... Oh wait that was my VP jug I had to move.. Tomorrow hopefully will be the start of a bad *** weekend. Hoping on Sunday my little brother will make his first single digit pass in his Vette. Also looking forward to some fun runs between some fast cars!

Congrats on the numbers! Hopefully will be able to check it out tomorrow night at the meet.
Good luck and be safe....

FYI: If the state troopers show up....you dont want to be the last one there! Keep us updated and take Videos

Old 03-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Your'e right, Jamie: I have no clue as to why you do not want to track a car built for the track. Actually, I have a clue, but I am too polite to articulate it.
Who said I didn't want to? I have more track time in quicker cars than GT2's than you have street miles on your GT2. You know nothing about me, Sean or why I or the car couldn't be here a day earlier.

Please come see me tomorrow night. I look forward to hearing what you were too polite to articulate.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Oh where.. Oh where could Dave Golder (sp?) be... He'd out drive everyone in his rental car, like in the old days (minus SW and a few others). Ahh TX2k2 and 2K3.. the memories!

Old 03-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Jamie,

When you ask me to come see you, let me get this straight, are you implying that you are a tough guy?

Old 03-16-2007, 09:43 PM
gavin18t is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
No one truly knows for sure, too many variables. We'll see how long this set up lasts. Would I run an endurance race at this level....ah no
How fast is that S4 with twin gt28's?

Old 03-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
tx turbo is infamous around these parts
Those are huge numbers. Ohio - are you and Todd coming to the 60-130 event at this weekend? If so I will make sure you get a special parking location. PM me and let me know. I know the track owners really well and can hook you guys up.

www.LonestarMotorsportsPark.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Update: Protomotive GT2 now at 715rwhp and 698rwtq