996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Windshield Repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Windshield Repair

A had a tiny rock literly put a huge ding in my windshield today... Not sure how its going to play out as far as spidering goes.

Has anyone ever had their windshields replaced? I've been told you basically will ruin your dash on the Porsche, kinda like the Vette because of the placement of everything. Is this true?

-Powell

Old 03-16-2007, 06:20 PM
M3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura aboutM3CAB has a spectacular aura about
Why not go to a glass repair place and see if they can fill the hole. Not sure how bad your damage is though.

Old 03-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Banned
Eric523 is infamous around these parts
We have had a glass guy come to our shop and replace a few windows in 996's and 986's with few problems. Actually, the hardest part is getting a nice replacement windsheild from Porsche. They kept sending us defective glass that the installer didn't want to put in.
If you're in OC area I can give his number if you'd like.

Hope it works out for you. Those kind of things suck, nothing you can do to avoid...

Old 03-16-2007, 06:47 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Be careful were yo take it. I just took mine to a local shop for a small repair and he put too much pressure on it and spread the crack. Came back and told me I now need a $900 new window!!

Old 03-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
Replacing the windshield is no big deal ,a good glass shop can do it easily. There is a tech bulliten on windows creaking ,and a replacment rope gasket from Porsche to take car of this so make sure he is familiar with it.
Elliot