996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Gas Fillup Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 06:17 PM
justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !
So does this mean I can keep driving when the gauge is blinking red?

I mean, jeez... it comes on with 6 gallons left, if you believe the manual...

Old 03-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
i never had that issue. i could regularly fill up with 14+ gallons before the light even appeared.

Old 03-17-2007, 07:58 PM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by BMWDEMON
Hmmm, I have to pay attention to this...I got one....does the door for the gas supposed to stay open or flop around like a rag doll...I hate that...
only had the car a couple months and I think you mean when you are filling up - when you hang the cover on the hook (that appears to be what that is for), it flops close if you basically breathe on it? mine does the same thing...weak. the m3 design was better...or maybe i'm doing something wrong?

Old 03-17-2007, 08:09 PM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Wow
Reserve tank is usually 2 gallons in almost every car.

M3's are that bad on gas? maybe because they rev so high ?
S4's got V8s though, its amazing that they can get 30+ highway.
sorry, maybe should have qualified that better - i was saying that both those cars get stellar gas mileage vs. my TT. The S4 was the B5 Twin Turbo version tuned by sportec.

and the high revving is one thing i miss for sure...in fact we are setting up my quattro for an 8k'ish+ redline based on me digging the m3 so much

Old 03-17-2007, 08:57 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
The location of the sensor in the tank is above the lower hump. This causes several problems and potential mis-reads. One problem is if you are empty and fill up with a couple of gallons, nothing registers.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:52 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Meaning the sensor is above 4 gallons of gas?

I guess if something is stupid about these cars, this and the fact that you can't pop the electric trunk when your battery dies (to replace or charge it) is acceptable.

Somehow I don't think I'm going to try and drive 60-100 miles when the light comes on to find out.

Originally Posted by wross996TT
The location of the sensor in the tank is above the lower hump. This causes several problems and potential mis-reads. One problem is if you are empty and fill up with a couple of gallons, nothing registers.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:06 AM
Banned
BlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud ofBlackBear has much to be proud of
I just filled up my 04 Turbo Cab with 15 gallons today. I think I had 20 miles remaining.

On the TT, not the GT2, we have saddle tanks because of the front drive shafts. The GT2 tank is bigger and holds more.

Saddle tanks make a real reading impossible. After a certain point - once fuel is only in the saddles - the car calculates how much gas you have left and determines from there how many miles you can travel with this calculated remaining fuel.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:48 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackBear
I just filled up my 04 Turbo Cab with 15 gallons today. I think I had 20 miles remaining.

On the TT, not the GT2, we have saddle tanks because of the front drive shafts. The GT2 tank is bigger and holds more.

Saddle tanks make a real reading impossible. After a certain point - once fuel is only in the saddles - the car calculates how much gas you have left and determines from there how many miles you can travel with this calculated remaining fuel.
Interesting, meanwhile i thought my GT2 tank was smaller too

Old 03-18-2007, 01:07 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
I can only get 12 in mine.