996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Day 3: Supra Nats and the 60-130

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 04:40 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Im not saying its not.. Im just saying what it will take to do a mid 3 sec. 60 to 130 mph. ie. a car thats a 8 sec. in a 1/4 with 170 mph traps.
lets not bench race just go and do it... pure and simple... I did.
I only had 4 1/4 mile runs in the life of the car( with current set up) and I already beat most of the 6 speed records... 1/4, 60 to 130, 100 to 200 km, etc. I actually trailered the car 700 miles just to do it. Rented the track for a day and did it. pure and simple. I also had a headwind of 17-20 mph but I never mentioned it... nor the fact that the track was not prepped because they were not open yet.... people do not care about the details.. they want proof. BTW, The 60 to 130 was done on a highway not the 1/4 track... so when u guy say that the track was in poor condition does that mean it was worse then a public road?
good luck,
markski
Mark - respect for that attitude.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Im not saying its not.. Im just saying what it will take to do a mid 3 sec. 60 to 130 mph. ie. a car thats a 8 sec. in a 1/4 with 170 mph traps.
lets not bench race just go and do it... pure and simple... I did.
I only had 4 1/4 mile runs in the life of the car( with current set up) and I already beat most of the 6 speed records... 1/4, 60 to 130, 100 to 200 km, etc. I actually trailered the car 700 miles just to do it. Rented the track for a day and did it. pure and simple. I also had a headwind of 17-20 mph but I never mentioned it... nor the fact that the track was not prepped because they were not open yet.... people do not care about the details.. they want proof. BTW, The 60 to 130 was done on a highway not the 1/4 track... so when u guy say that the track was in poor condition does that mean it was worse then a public road?
good luck,
markski
Correct we shall see My car just got delivered from the ride home from TX last night. Get her preped up this week and I'm going to order the drift box later this week or next.

I think it should also be noted that the cars we are comparing are quite different. My defination of a street car vastly differs from that which most on this forum consider. I respect the times already ran, I just expect a "near race car" to do a bit better. Comparing a 700-800hp P-Car that has all the luxuries vs. a Supra on Huge Tires/always C16 with 1100-1250HP(spray) isn't a good comparison, but for the sake of the internet it works Markski your times are probably pretty close to accurate as far as 1/4" goes, just another test on my list that I need to cross off as well.

Last edited by onelove; 03-23-2007 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:39 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Onelove,

I love your car and the color is very unique. What would your car make hp wise with 93 octane and no NOS? What 1/4 times could she run in that setup?

That engine bay is very impressive and the size of that hairdryer, YIKES!

ps: Where can I find the 1/4 mile times from this event?

Old 03-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buddyg
Onelove,

I love your car and the color is very unique. What would your car make hp wise with 93 octane and no NOS? What 1/4 times could she run in that setup?

That engine bay is very impressive and the size of that hairdryer, YIKES!

ps: Where can I find the 1/4 mile times from this event?
I don't have it setup to run on 93 octane with the current wastegate setup (1 Tial 44mm isn't enough to control down low and still allow for higher boost holds as well). It's possible to change the setup to allow it with a dual wastegate setup, but with a turbo of this size it really shines at higher outputs. I'd imagine on 93 it would make 750-850. With the costs of the engine at stake, I really don't mind spending the extra money to run race gas all the time (especially since it's more of a weekend warriror).

I just took delivery of the new setup last week in TX, with a good track the car should do a 8.8-8.90 @ 16X. I'm hoping to start getting it sorted out at the track in the next few months pending my work load.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:15 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Ted, thanks a lot buddy! I knew there was something missing from the event, it was YOU! I will continue to do this event and will continue to invite all car makes/models!

As for the event, no excuses guys, we had a blast. I am working with John and Lonestar Motorsports Park to put on another 60-130 event in May as well as a 0-100-0 event. I will keep you all updated on our progress!

Peter

Originally Posted by evsmotors
Peter hosts the best Supra events of the U.S. Though it started as a high HP Supra meet, is now opening to other high HP cars to join in on the fun. Unfortunately I could not attend this year, my car was busy as a showroom decoration and I was full of work with 8 project cars in the works.

Thanks for the continued years of Supra support Peter!

Old 03-23-2007, 11:38 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by houstonT
Ted, thanks a lot buddy! I knew there was something missing from the event, it was YOU! I will continue to do this event and will continue to invite all car makes/models!

As for the event, no excuses guys, we had a blast. I am working with John and Lonestar Motorsports Park to put on another 60-130 event in May as well as a 0-100-0 event. I will keep you all updated on our progress!

Peter
Yes! More 60-130 events!

Old 03-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Definately need more 60-130 events. I doubt if anyone will break 4 even, and that includes onelove, but would love to see people try.

Chidocks: waiting for pics.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
I wonder how 60-130mph would be on my MV Agusta F4 S?

Old 03-23-2007, 10:50 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
That has already been documented, I can look it up for you.
The big dogs beat it in zero to one mile including a Ruf or two.

MK

Old 03-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
So, when are you going to come up with a solid asking price for that Biltz Supra?

Old 03-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Banned
evsmotors has a spectacular aura aboutevsmotors has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
So, when are you going to come up with a solid asking price for that Biltz Supra?
Come see the car at my shop and we can talk.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:01 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Ted, a GSXR 1000 with bolt ons did 5.9 60-130 at the event...how fast is your bike compared to one of those?
Peter

Originally Posted by evsmotors
I wonder how 60-130mph would be on my MV Agusta F4 S?

Old 03-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Ted, a GSXR 1000 with bolt ons did 5.9 60-130 at the event...how fast is your bike compared to one of those?
Peter
Peter,

Do you happen know which bolt-ons were on that bike? That's a really great reference to use in the 60-130 list. Thanks.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:30 PM
I do not, but will find out and get back to you...
Thanks,
Peter

Old 04-05-2007, 06:42 PM
kingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of light
u know u cant wait to get some big bucks for that lil toyota... so you can get a real deal japtrap....

gt-ROAR

Sean, same offer stands for my car...$90k and she's yours!

Peter <-- I better be careful, some guy was looking at my car for $85k this weekend!