996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Day 3: Supra Nats and the 60-130

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 05:05 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
From what I've seen, including my own personal car, it seems that the 996 turbo cars have an advantage in the 60-130 category. This can be attributed to gearing, aerodynamics or other factors. I have seen these cars pull on cars that make almost 200rwhp more. With that being said, I believe that a 996TT/GT2, dialed in correctly, would be a definite force to be reckoned with in the 60-130.

I raced my buddy Vince's 1000+ RWHP TT Viper from 60 to about 120 or 130. We went on 3 honks, me in 3rd I pulled on him all the way up to 100, then when he shifted into 4th it was like I slammed on the brakes, he pulled about 5 car lengths in about 4seconds and kept widening the gap. I haven't found too much of anything that can hang from 60-100 though.
Good point Joe!I wonder if Vince has a progressive boost controller in that car?I forgot to ask him at the last drag day.If he does this is probably the reason he walks away upstairs,that's when he is getting full boost and putting down all of those 1000rwhorses when he is running street tires.The rear weight bias in our cars make them very formidable when running street tires.Very few cars can hang with a powerful 996TT or GT2 from 60-130 street tire to street tire.

Old 03-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Im working out my axle problems....
I think I should get very close to the 4.8s.... we found some boost leaks.. car seems a bit stronger now.... maybe even tonight

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-19-2007, 05:13 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Im working out my axle problems....
I think I should get very close to the 4.8s.... we found some boost leaks.. car seems a bit stronger now.... maybe even tonight
I have no doubts that you will surprise many with what a super powerful Porsche can do!

Old 03-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Thanks Joe,... Its just a pain staking adventure... and its really hard to do it all.... so Im kind of surprised it doing as well as it is....
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-19-2007, 05:22 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Thanks Joe,... Its just a pain staking adventure... and its really hard to do it all.... so Im kind of surprised it doing as well as it is....
markski
You are swimming in uncharted waters right now. What you are doing is going to pave the way for many after you. Nothing worth having is easy

Old 03-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
I dont like posting my times....Qmile or the 60-130MPH....it is a personal choice...
It's fair enough that you don't want to post publically. Can I ask is one of your reasons fear of competition?

Old 03-19-2007, 11:07 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I am afraid that to win the 60-130 competition, one must first show up and
deal with Everything that the competion was dealing with.

Absoluletly wonderful new times from the major RWHP Supras and Vipers!

VR, your car is killer but your times make no sense and take too much explaination. This is a go out and do it excercise, not a game of "Texas Hold Em".

If I ever break into the 6's I will be tickled pink!

Marty

Old 03-19-2007, 11:24 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Guys, we ALL knew that Alex would not show, it was just a matter of "what will the excuse be..." No offense Alex, but you know as well as I do that it was never in the plans to go to TX. In either case, I don't care, we had a GREAT time. Thank you to all the P-CARS that showed to the event and had a great time. I sure hope to see all of you again next year!

The conditions for the 60-130 were FAR from ideal, but we had a great time, that's all that matters!

Peter

Old 03-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by houstonT
Guys, we ALL knew that Alex would not show, it was just a matter of "what will the excuse be..." No offense Alex, but you know as well as I do that it was never in the plans to go to TX. In either case, I don't care, we had a GREAT time. Thank you to all the P-CARS that showed to the event and had a great time. I sure hope to see all of you again next year!

The conditions for the 60-130 were FAR from ideal, but we had a great time, that's all that matters!

Peter
Sounds like a great event! I have heard from Ryan Woon, Guilly and others who have been that this is probably about the biggest gathering of high HP cars anywhere. Congrats on a great event!

Old 03-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
I SO envy you guys in the USA where there are many many more people sharing our common interest. Here is Australia with only ~ 20 million people .. there are correspondiongly fewer hardcore modified street cars.

:-)

Old 03-19-2007, 11:47 PM
sy996tt is infamous around these partssy996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I am afraid that to win the 60-130 competition, one must first show up and
deal with Everything that the competion was dealing with.

Absoluletly wonderful new times from the major RWHP Supras and Vipers!

VR, your car is killer but your times make no sense and take too much explaination. This is a go out and do it excercise, not a game of "Texas Hold Em".

If I ever break into the 6's I will be tickled pink!

Marty
+rep for you marty...

Old 03-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Peter the event was bad ***.

Quick video of my brothers car's little adventure lol.
http://www.vobra.org/vids/mattnew.wmv

Old 03-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Chris, where were you? I didn't see you.

Peter and everyone else: We need to start pushing for more 60-130 competitions. It really is the perfect replication of a street race, it requires skill and power, it is fun to do and exciting to watch, and it is less damaging to our cars than the track and 1/4 mile.

I would definately be willing to pour more money and effort into my car if I knew there would be regular competitions.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:01 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Sean at Dyno day I was there from like 2 till 5 and at Frankenstiens from 6:45 till about 10:30. I was around the front most of the night though with a big group of people. I honestly didn't really go around in the crowd. I did however talk to Paul while I was at the dyno day. Got to the drag race at 1pm today stayed till about 5.

We all need to meet up again in the next few weeks when we are all free.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:07 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Definately,

My dear friend Hey Yo Paulie is having delusions that his car is going to pull me the next time we run, lol.

We will bring Joe and Nick. Of course Nick, w/ his 6.6 win on Sat has concrete evidence that he should walk me if we run, but 6.6 will be my new goal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Day 3: Supra Nats and the 60-130