996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Day 3: Supra Nats and the 60-130

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
One love,

I saw you pick up your trophy, congrats. Nothing compares to a well done Supra engine bay.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
One love,

I saw you pick up your trophy, congrats. Nothing compares to a well done Supra engine bay.
A stock GT3RS probably would I had a great weekend, definately feeling a bit Jet-Lagged.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove
A stock GT3RS probably would I had a great weekend, definately feeling a bit Jet-Lagged.
Naw, the Porsche bay is way too cramped and overstuffed. The inline Supra w/ its Tornado inducing Turbo is really a sight to behold.

Now for overall car beauty, yes my GT2 is on another level. The only car, IMHO to possibly surpass it in terms of looks is the Murcealago, which of course is not a performance vehicle like the Supra or GT2.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 03-20-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:49 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
OK, I'm kind of embarassed as I ran a 10.0. I think if I had played with the tire pressure I could have broken into the 9s. The car currently has stage 2 tuning. Still had a blast. Not as much fun as the road course event, but close. Here are vids:

Old 03-20-2007, 01:54 PM
RossoCorsaItaly is infamous around these parts
Thanks Kevin,

I would have entered the show and shine, but that would have been unfair to all the Supras who would have been relegated to competing for second place.

Nonetheless, I really should have done the stereo competition, since I have the worlds coolest custom subwoofer box (w/ a big carbon fiber GT2 emblem).

One thing that did impress me about the Supras, however, was that there were several that ran really well on the MSR track. I had always been (misinformed, apparently) of the opinion that they were only highway pull monsters. Now I want one.
The GSC Supra, Red Supra driven by Ivan and the white Supra driven by Nick Diep were all very impressive on the road course. I was especially suprised with how well Nick did given he was on street tires and the GSC Supra, the driver Lehman(SP?) is just an amazing driver.

MVP Motorsports and the rest of the TX2K7 organizers definantly appreciate all you Porsche guys coming to our event, it's a pleasure having you!
See you next year, maybe in a Supra?

Regards,

Kevin

Last edited by RossoCorsaItaly; 03-20-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RossoCorsaItaly

MVP Motorsports and the rest of the TX2K7 organizers definantly appreciate all you Porsche guys coming to our event, it's a pleasure having you!
See you next year, maybe in a Supra?

Regards,

Kevin
I'm sure there will be more Supra owners posting here by next year, if MVP doesn't get Supraforums back up soon

-Wes

Old 03-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Nick is so low key and laid back....you don't notice him until he blows by you and you struggle, usually unsuccessfully, to catch him.

Chris (Roadsterdoc) you have nothing to be embarased about: the conditions were very windy and you walked the walk.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 03-20-2007 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:03 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Agreed. Nick is as cool as they come. He first introduced me to the rear view of his Supra a couple of years ago, late at night on 288 south.

Thanks for the encouragement...I found out that my time is decent: faster than a stock 996TT, Gallardo, 360CS, and Murcielago. But in Sunday's company it seemed dog slow!

Old 03-20-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm sure there will be more Supra owners posting here by next year, if MVP doesn't get Supraforums back up soon

-Wes
Unfortunantly the two people that operate supraforums don't work at MVP so there's really nothing we can do about it. I do hear it's being worked on though.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Former Vendor
Unfortunantly the two people that operate supraforums don't work at MVP so there's really nothing we can do about it. I do hear it's being worked on though.
The owner does work there Tell him to Light a fire, or Fire!

Old 03-20-2007, 03:38 PM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
...I was especially suprised with how well Nick did given he was on street tires and the GSC Supra, the driver Lehman(SP?) is just an amazing driver...

Kevin
Was the driver Leh Keen?

Greg A

Old 03-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by teflon
Was the driver Leh Keen?

Greg A
Yes. He's a sick driver for sure.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:06 PM
The owner does work there Tell him to Light a fire, or Fire!
That he does, but he does not operate it. It's more of a server issue at the moment,from what I've been hearing.

Yeah Leh Keen not sure why I said Lehman, my apologies on the mix-up.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:38 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
you walked the walk.
Amen to that... the time is secondary. The fact you showed up and ran speaks volumes...Nothing wrong with 10 flat, you have to start somewhere. Take care, Kevin

Old 03-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
Amen to that... the time is secondary. The fact you showed up and ran speaks volumes...Nothing wrong with 10 flat, you have to start somewhere. Take care, Kevin
Wait a minute: doesn't renting a hotel room, driving around w/ my car on a trailer and going to dyno day count?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Day 3: Supra Nats and the 60-130