996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Mile - March 24-25 - Who's Going?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 12:35 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Greyghost
I believe Joe's GTTT will be there but i could be wrong. I believe the pro driver they had broke his hand but they were planning on breaking the Veyron's speed record of 254 with his new 1525HP engine.
I think the Veyron's record took over a mile. At this event, one mile and you stop....unless with 1525, he can reach 254+ in the mile.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:32 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
SPEED TV info

OK you attention ******, look at this:

SPEED just approved to pilot a new program: SPEED RECORDS.
THE TEXAS MILE will be the proving grounds.

AT THE TEXAS MILE on MARCH 24-25, 2007, our participants will get a shot to be featured in the pilot show. Kevin Deane, of OakVille Lane Productions out of California will be at this Texas Mile with a preliminary crew to gather video and auto footage. His team will also capture the stories behind the folks who have made the trek to the Texas Mile to set there own personal speed records or to go after top speeds.

YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS TEXAS MILE!

To get your best shot at gaining the attention of OakVille Lane Productions and the possibility of being featured in the pilot, you need to do the following:

1. Make sure you are entered into MARCH 24-25, 2007 TEXAS MILE and sign all required waivers.
We will be sending out confirmations on late Wednesday evening (March 21).
2. Submit a profile on you or team/club: Your general data – name, age, family info, contact information, career, hobbies, where you have traveled from, etc. Your Motorsports background – how the heck you got addicted to this in the first place and “racing resume”. Your team/club information if you are part of a team/club. Picture(s)/Video would be great as well of you or team/club. Highlight anything that you feel might be helpful in setting yourself or team/club a part from others and make a good “human interest story”.
3. Submit a profile on your car, motorcycle or land speed racing vehicle: Year, Make, Model, Modifications, Fuel/Gas running, etc. Tell us any interesting stories in regards to the build or preparation of your vehicle/motorcycle. Pictures/Video are great as well.
4. Tell us why you think that you or your team/club should be featured or shown in the pilot of SPEED RECORDS. Keep in mind that you do not have to be just going after the top speeds. You could be going after a “personal best” speed record, a classification speed record, a first ever speed record, etc. Be creative when you are writing about this.

Please send all profiles and submission to Public Information Officer: TJ Aulds at info@nasatx.com. For any clarifications, please send an e-mail to that same e-mail or call Shannon Matus at 281-802-9863.

We will see you at THE TEXAS MILE.

www.texasmile.com

Old 03-21-2007, 02:47 PM
tradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to beholdtradin1 is a splendid one to behold
i was going to go, but my car is not done yet...

Old 03-21-2007, 09:32 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Chuck,
the standing mile (texas mile) and the silver state classic are very different
events (SSC is 90 miles on a closed down road).
Britt,
The Veyron has a top speed of 254, it certainly does not do that in one standing mile!! However I do believe that the Red Ford GT from Heffners's
would be a great competitor.
Don (DMK) are your bringing your absolutely insane TBWNACMDI?
(Turbo Busa With Nitrous And Crazy Monkey Driving It)
MK

Old 03-21-2007, 11:19 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
woodster, yep, the SSC is just depressing for a first-timer b/c you've got to go through the ranks til you can drive *really* fast. i'm surprised Texas will let anyone hit up to 190mph. i'm happy just hitting it - don't need to sustain it for 90 miles

- chuck

Old 03-22-2007, 06:35 AM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
I am thininkg of another even in Michigan but i know he mentioned the Texas Mile... I can't keep up with Joe... he's a maniac.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:35 AM
DMK
Banned
DMK has a spectacular aura aboutDMK has a spectacular aura about
I am finishing up some work. If I appear it will be with the bike only making 850 whp. I haven't sprayed with it set at kill there is a 50 shot on top of that should make upper 900's with it on. Geared for 270 and change we will see what happens.

Gps just cruising it went low boost 232 before I had to slow down. (ran out of road I believe that run was a 1/2 mile)

Old 03-22-2007, 11:45 AM
GHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these partsGHOSTRIDER-TT is infamous around these parts
My daughters birthday is this weekend or I would go.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
tx turbo is infamous around these parts
I believe Joe's GTTT will be there but i could be wrong. I believe the pro driver they had broke his hand but they were planning on breaking the Veyron's speed record of 254 with his new 1525HP engine.
Joe said on the Gt forums that he wont be coming. he broke his arm or something.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:18 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER-TT
My daughters birthday is this weekend or I would go.
take her with you....I bet it would be the "bestest" gift ever for her..

Old 03-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tx turbo
Joe said on the Gt forums that he wont be coming. he broke his arm or something.
yea... the driver that was supposed to drive the car got injured somehow... thanks for the clarification.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:04 AM
yea... the driver that was supposed to drive the car got injured somehow... thanks for the clarification.
seems like a rather lame excuse. but to each his own.

Old 03-24-2007, 05:21 AM
wirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud of
Good idea is take rear wing fuse out, it can give you about 4-5mph more in the finish line

Old 03-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by wirx
Good idea is take rear wing fuse out, it can give you about 4-5mph more in the finish line
mine is already out!

Old 03-25-2007, 05:11 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Quick update:

Hennessey TT Comp Coupe: 217 mph
Nick Diep Supra: 183 mph
Dr. Joe 996 GT2: 175 mph
Porsche Carrera GT: 174 mph
Paul Collings 996 TT: 173 mph

OK, that's it for now...
Peter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Texas Mile - March 24-25 - Who's Going?