996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Mile - March 24-25 - Who's Going?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 12:20 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Right on, Jamie...so, care to give me some advice?

If I wanted a 1000 hp Poopra (96-98) should I buy one and have a tuner like Tommy Bahn do all the work (of course I would research everything), or should I just get one that is already built?
Neither....but if you decide to buy one, get a 96 .

You need to learn to drive your GT2. They are a piece of cake to drive....compared to a high hp Supra. Seriously, it would not be a good idea. As much of an idiot I think you are, I don't like seeing people get killed.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
As much of an idiot I think you are, I don't like seeing people get killed.
is that the best you can do?

Very sad.

Dour and humorless is really no way to go through life.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 03-26-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:33 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
is that the best you can do?

Very sad.
As for my advice, yes.

Thanks for entertaining me during my Vegas flight delay. Time to shut the BB off....

Old 03-26-2007, 01:49 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Ah ok, he told me that you guys were dead even all the way up. That makes sense as his car traps about 133 mph...
Peter

Originally Posted by OhioGT2
When I'm in a good mood, "even" is defined as 1/4 car lengths +/-....and I tend to give guys I know and like the benefit of the doubt. I seriously doubt Nick is telling people he pulled me. I shut it down at 191 on my dig speedo, Nick shut it down right after I let off....hard for him to know when to let off if he were in front of me . Neither of us had met each other until after the run so not knowing how good of a driver he was at the time, I chose to let off seeing a left-hand sweeper approaching us with Nick on the inside....

Old 03-26-2007, 02:35 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
There was a 10-15 mile headwind yesterday that slowed everyone down. The CGT went 182 last year so I think I could have reached 184+, paul 180+ and nick 190+....PeterB, you didn't make it out?...I was going to go with TommyBahn today but I'm pooped. This was my first event and those highspeeds were fun (I now just need a gt800 pkg to experience life at 200mph) Sean, you should've went we still haven't lined our GT2s up yet.....and Jamie, you should've stayed in town one more wk....you could've done mid-180's

Last edited by drjoe; 03-26-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Joe,

You were on your race file, yes?

Lets get together next Sat. Bring Nick. I think Paulie will also come. There is a Planet Zero meet. At the last PZ meet I never had the chance to ask that young little hottie what she meant when she said that she didn't mind that I was married.

We can line em up then.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:04 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Lucky I do not have a race file, or else it would be real interesting.Sean Sparky thought your GT2 was a girl and has been real exicted to give her another spanking!!

Old 03-26-2007, 03:09 PM
wirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud of
How warm was there?

Old 03-26-2007, 03:14 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
about 77 to 80 degrees. As Dr. Joe said a 10-15 MPH headwind.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
Lucky I do not have a race file, or else it would be real interesting.Sean Sparky thought your GT2 was a girl and has been real exicted to give her another spanking!!
Well, her name is Amber...when we line em up on sat (you are coming, yes, HYP) Sparky will be like a dog in heat in that he will be following her around and staring at her rear end.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Also I had a drift box in my car for the 60-130 time. 6.9 sec

Old 03-26-2007, 03:29 PM
No Sh@t...awesome, paul...I guess I have to call you now

Old 03-26-2007, 03:31 PM
No i was just kidding. Just wanted to get you all fired up.

Old 03-26-2007, 03:41 PM
DOH!!!!

I can't believe you had me going there.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Nick2JZ has a spectacular aura aboutNick2JZ has a spectacular aura about
Here are some pictures from yesterday at Texas Mile. Dr. Joe and i did only three runs total for the day and Paulie only two runs, because few of non-street cars required assistance at the end of the track that took up valuable time. My first run was 172mph on pump gas at 19psi. Second run was 183mph with mix C-16 at 30psi. Third run was 184mph same aboost, but with more aggressive launch. Dr. Joe GT2 ran 173mph on pump, and 175mph & 176mph on mix C-16. Paulie 911 turbo ran 170mph and 172mph on pump. There were head wind of 10mph to 20mph thru out the day.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Texas Mile - March 24-25 - Who's Going?