996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Texas Mile - March 24-25 - Who's Going?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Yes,

We can all meet at my house. Or, we can meet at the Sugarland Town center (which gives us a nice shot up 59). Nick, I see you lurking.....are you comming?

Joe has a surprise and Paulie and I are going to settle his delusions about his car once and for all.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 03-27-2007 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:33 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
OK, just keep me updated as to when you guys are going to meet...
Peter

Old 03-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
tx turbo is infamous around these parts
It was a fun event. Great to see Dr. Joe and the other 996TT guys at the Texas Mile. In between doing some other racing, we were able to make a few passes in our 996TT and ran 174 mph and 175 mph, both on Saturday when it was the windiest. Given the fact that I can haul 3 kids with me in this car and we drove it to the event, it is really an impressive machine!

Old 03-27-2007, 02:11 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
tx turbo - hey bud, congrats! What are the mods on your car?
Peter

Old 03-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
tx turbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by houstonT
tx turbo - hey bud, congrats! What are the mods on your car?
Peter
K24's, AWE tune, Ruf Muffler (no cats), Bilsteins (lowered about 1 inch), Fabspeed air intake, BM shifter. Have not dyno'd it as the clutch is on its last leg. Also, have the WG actuators set to hold 1.1 - 1.2 bar boost. Ran 175 mph on 93 octane. I was working the Stoptechs pretty good to slow her down!

Old 03-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Nick2JZ has a spectacular aura aboutNick2JZ has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Yes,

We can all meet at my house. Or, we can meet at the Sugarland Town center (which gives us a nice shot up 59). Nick, I see you lurking.....are you comming?

Joe has a surprise and Paulie and I are going to settle his delusions about his car once and for all.

I was gonna start to tear-up my Supra tonight, but after hearing there are plenty of young hottie at P.Z. this Sat. i will put it on hold. Plus i wants to see you and Paulie rematch. Also i will bring the driftbox so we can measure 60-130mph for Joe & Paulie.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Outstanding, Nick! This time I won't have to throw all the numbers away, I will just give them to you.

Lets put the driftbox on Paulie's car so he will know what his 60-13- time is when I walk him. I am quesstimating about a 7.9, assuming no headwind.

You and Peter can Rep the Supras.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:52 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Sean is a dumbface

Old 03-27-2007, 06:13 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Sorry,Sean I just miss the Jamie/Sean debate.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Paulie,

A debate assumes that both participants are similarly perspicacasious. Repeatedly calling someone an idiot hardly qualifies.

Oh, and by the way: Sparky is Going down!

Old 03-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Damm ,Sean you and those big words. Let me go and get the Dictionary.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Hey Nick don't tell Sean I need to borrow some NOS. DOH I thought I was pm NICK.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:19 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tx turbo
K24's, AWE tune, Ruf Muffler (no cats), Bilsteins (lowered about 1 inch), Fabspeed air intake, BM shifter. Have not dyno'd it as the clutch is on its last leg. Also, have the WG actuators set to hold 1.1 - 1.2 bar boost. Ran 175 mph on 93 octane. I was working the Stoptechs pretty good to slow her down!
I have a spare Ruf exhaust as well. Can you tell me how you eliminated the cats...

Old 05-21-2007, 06:49 AM
wirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud of
I get yesterday 298km/h(185.1mph) after one mile standing start(measured by police radar and electronic speed sensors)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Prx7awLhs
0-300km/h(186.5mph) 26sec
75hp nos shot
There was strong side/head wind

Woman get 243km/h (fastest woman this year)

All results http://www.tqhq.ee/omc/?lang=eng&page=omc2007 (in km/h)

Last edited by wirx; 05-21-2007 at 07:10 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:09 AM
Jean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond reputeJean has a reputation beyond repute
Wirx

0-300kph in 26 seconds is very fast, congratulations. I can see that you removed the mirrors, any other changes from stock?

Thanks for posting, I wish we could see more of these 0-186mph runs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Texas Mile - March 24-25 - Who's Going?