996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My 996tt Jimmy's THE SHOP Norwalk CT k24's EVOMS stage 4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 06:55 PM
DEANWYSOCKI is infamous around these parts
Yes !! He does sound like a Mobster !! But i give him credit, he interviewed well enough to sorta look like a garage tv show.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DEANWYSOCKI
Yes !! He does sound like a Mobster !! But i give him credit, he interviewed well enough to sorta look like a garage tv show.
Although Al's camera work rivals people who's age is in the single digits...

Old 03-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
"Hey Vinnie, nice Porsh . . . Ill bet I could out run the cops in this . . . do you think I could fit a body in the trunk? . . . Wait a second, where the hell is the trunk?"

Im just kidding, of course. I'm sure he knows his **** . . . its just funny to hear him discuss the venerable "Porsh."

Craig

Old 03-22-2007, 09:32 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Nice man big congrats, numbers could have been even better as mentioned with proper cooling placement

Old 03-22-2007, 11:40 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
For comparsion, stage 4 when I tested did 528 RWHP and 598RWTQ. Nice runs, I am sure it would have been more had the fans been correct.

Old 03-22-2007, 11:46 PM
ezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond repute
Andrew Dice Clay comes to mind

Old 03-22-2007, 11:50 PM
chinitowest has a spectacular aura aboutchinitowest has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DEANWYSOCKI
Will EVOMS new airbox with waffle diffuser require another stage 4 flash ?
No it won't need to be re-flashed. I ran the prototype in my car for a few months here in Az, and have been running the real deal in my car for another couple of months. The car was never re-flashed. Congrats by the way!!

Old 03-23-2007, 12:02 AM
DEANWYSOCKI is infamous around these parts
Hey, thanks for the props guys.

chinitowest= can you open up the throttle on those long desert AZ highways ?

Old 03-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Dyno Flash is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
Ugh.

Fan placement is ALL wrong in that video. Also, um, there is a BIG difference between an roll bar and a roll cage.

At a minimum you need three in the front. We also put the intercooler fans facing the exit vents on the bumper. We also have one pointed at the motor to simulate flow into the rear deck.
What is the point of all of that ?

After all, what we are doing is testing to verify that an off the shelf reflash map sent by email and the parts installed are making power as advertised.

Are you foolish enough to ASSsume that we do not carefully road test each car to verify knock free and smooth operation on the road?

Why would we need 10 fans blowing on the car? After all the tuning aspect of the project has already been competed and we have no tuneable parameters to adjust. That is the concept of a base flash - its already tuned.

Of course actual TUNING on a dyno - that is mapping an ecu would require different levels of thermal efficiency as you would expect the tuning could replicate real world conditions.

Correct me if I am missing something here.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Al I think it would be to acquire more accurate horsepower figures thats all.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Origyns 973
Al I think it would be to acquire more accurate horsepower figures thats all.
Who cares? The customer does not drive a dyno sheet. Anyone with some experience in these matters knows that a dyno is a tool used to replicate real world conditions and quantify power gains and losses.

Are you saying the car is going to make more power with more air flow through the i/c's (denser air).

At the same time, presumably the car will also be more knock prone and likely to exhibit heat soak with less air flow the ic's.

We could have two kids laying there on the floor and spraying the i/c's with a mist of water and alcohol to cool them off during the pulls also, I still dont know what

I think the car made decent power gains without any additional air flow.

Ok so with less fans - he made less power - but as long as we keep the testing protical the same through the base line and final runs we are measuring the power gains and losses which is what a chasiss dyno is used for.

I, personally, think with the cost associated with those reflashes custom tuning on the dyno and road should be included - but it seems for some strange reason when you are dealing with a more costly vehicle you pay more money and get less.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Dyno Flash
I, personally, think with the cost associated with those reflashes custom tuning on the dyno and road should be included - but it seems for some strange reason when you are dealing with a more costly vehicle you pay more money and get less.
Not necessarily, some tuners for example Stephan do custom tunes. Also people aren't paying more and receiving necessarily less, all of the companies that flash these cars stand by their product incase of an incident or anything along those lines. Alot of research and development goes to every product thats created for these cars to ensure its quality and reliability, and if perhaps something goes wrong each company will stand by their product and do anything to make sure the customer is happy in the end.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Not necessarily, some tuners for example Stephan do custom tunes. Also people aren't paying more and receiving necessarily less, all of the companies that flash these cars stand by their product incase of an incident or anything along those lines. Alot of research and development goes to every product thats created for these cars to ensure its quality and reliability, and if perhaps something goes wrong each company will stand by their product and do anything to make sure the customer is happy in the end.

To each his / her own

I don't know what could go wrong - are you saying they warranty the motors if they blow up or that they replace ecus that get fried?

Old 03-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Dyno Flash
To each his / her own

I don't know what could go wrong - are you saying they warranty the motors if they blow up or that they replace ecus that get fried?
There hasn't been an occasion in the history of 996TT's/997TT's that a motor has blown, or an ECU thats gotten fried.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:53 PM
There hasn't been an occasion in the history of 996TT's/997TT's that a motor has blown, or an ECU thats gotten fried.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
So what are we talking about then with those high prices ? I have flashed many hundreds of Evo and Subaru ecus with maybe a hand full of bad ecus and no tuning related engine failures that I know of.

How exactly are these outfits standing behind the product for the extra expense?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 996tt Jimmy's THE SHOP Norwalk CT k24's EVOMS stage 4