996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Europipe Stage II quiet making great power!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Europipe Stage II quiet making great power!

Under this thread there is a thread from a shop in CT that shows an evoms stage 4 making incredible power using the Europipe Stage II quiet. In the past Ive seen wierd graphs on europipes making considerable less HP and TQ. This graph has really opened my eyes. The power of 490whp and 550wtq on a europipe is the same power as the Fabspeed Graph on the Exhaust Comparison provided by Imagine Auto. In no way do I doubt the graph that Steve provided, but there has been a power misconception about Europipe that was reflected by the results of that test. Just glad to know that this exhaust really does more then look good, It rips also!

Wanna thanks Deanwysocki on 6 speed for this information and a neat video

Old 03-22-2007, 06:19 PM
SallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the rough
You know, of course, that dynos are only really good for establishing baselines, and can't be directly compared across different dynos, on different days, with different operators.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:23 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Thanks Highhat,
I will soon find out mine works, I will post results.

Marty

Old 03-22-2007, 08:21 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Got to love the EP!

Old 03-22-2007, 09:00 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
I have EP II Quiet For sale - 3,000 miles +/- - came off my GT2.

See classifieds.

JCM

Old 03-22-2007, 10:29 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm, well everyone will always find something wrong with a test like this. Plain and simple. If there were issues with ANY of the mufflers tested you can bet they were re-evaluated. I was very critical about the testing parameters when I did these test. It is always the messenger that is shot.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:39 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorschePhd
Hmm, well everyone will always find something wrong with a test like this. Plain and simple. If there were issues with ANY of the mufflers tested you can bet they were re-evaluated. I was very critical about the testing parameters when I did these test. It is always the messenger that is shot.
Stephen, just so you know from my stand point....I greatly appreciate the muffler study you did. As you said there will always be problems with such studies as measurement systems are not great...thanks for your continued work!

Old 03-23-2007, 09:24 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you sir. I appreciate that. In the end I was happy with the data we collected. No one else still has done such a study and we just keep adding data to what we already have.

The worse part of the test, there was not a single vender that didn't call and ***** me out. Some worse than others, but every single person called me and complained. I was not going to win no matter what I did. At the time it wasn't even my dyno, I paid for the testing out of my pocket and 45 days worth. I asked for nothing, I got nothing. Yet people will still complain and moan. It is to be expected.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
steve I appreciate your test to the fullest. BUT I know for a fact that many people got the notion for that test and that test alone that the europipe makes SIGNIFICANTLY less power. I from the beginning begged to differ with this idea. You know how I am about Europipe! hahaha In no way am I opposing your test. Just wanted to show people that felt the same way as me that europipe makes great power.

-Suman

PS did u use a stage 1 europipe in that test. Also I noticed the test for the europipe was weeks earlier then all the other tests? is that true did you do the europipe first in the comparison? thanks

Old 03-23-2007, 09:35 AM
Also Steve doesnt the version 3 fabspeed use dual chamber muffler so the air is making a full 180 degree turn. How can this possibly make the same power as the fabspeed straight thru mufflers from Gen 1. thanks

-SM

Old 03-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Highhats
Also Steve doesnt the version 3 fabspeed use dual chamber muffler so the air is making a full 180 degree turn. How can this possibly make the same power as the fabspeed straight thru mufflers from Gen 1. thanks

-SM
Because it is the still an open pipe and the ID of that inner pipe is large enough to accommodate flow. For the same reasons that Miltek, CG and SS all make good power. They are ALL separate cans with 180 bends.

As far as the test, the data was the data. The cars were run within 5 degrees temp of one another, runs were timed in the same manner, same gear, same humidity within 5% and all the same correction. In the end the results were what they were. I had no beef with anyone, in fact I owned a EP at the time. Like I said, still a no win situation.

This is an old debate and I still am taking crap for it, unbelievable. It was only data. If someone can tell me how I could have tested this different then great, tell away. But I only get crap for the testing and no feedback how one might have suggested it be done differently. Good thing I have broad shoulders eh. If my test were so flawed then why did the engeineers at Ruf call me directly to talk about the their problems?

Old 03-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Not saying there flawed at all. Im wondering if you were using the stage 1 europipe as opposed to the stage 2. I actually like your comparison. Its what made me put this Fabspeed on my car in the first place. but im not giving you heat from it. Im just showing that the Europipe is not a weak muffler. I FEEL that the comparison gave people the idea that europipe is bulky and weak from those numbers. Which it really isnt. thats all bud!

-SM

Old 03-23-2007, 11:42 AM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
At the time IA did these comparison tests, the Europipe was a "weak" muffler. They must have changed there design to achieve better output for the future. But in order to "prove it, you have to see before and after dyno runs using Stephen`s logical approach. I still don`t see it on your above mentioned dyno results. I use Miltek because it makes great "proven" power and I love the sound! I am not sure of the diff. in build quality comparisons to Europipe, but having heard both exhausts in person (EP2 Loud) I like the Miltek better.....just my opinion

Old 03-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Highhats
Not saying there flawed at all. Im wondering if you were using the stage 1 europipe as opposed to the stage 2. I actually like your comparison. Its what made me put this Fabspeed on my car in the first place. but im not giving you heat from it. Im just showing that the Europipe is not a weak muffler. I FEEL that the comparison gave people the idea that europipe is bulky and weak from those numbers. Which it really isnt. thats all bud!

-SM
I was using the 2 quiet. He had just released it at the time. In fact if you go back and read some of my post I never stated the EP was weak, that everything had pros and cons and the testing pointed out budget, sound, power and people could finally choose what best fit them. The one thing I made sure I did was leave my opinion out of it

Old 03-23-2007, 12:20 PM
mikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the roughmikerosi is a jewel in the rough
Sorry Doc, I did not want to imply that you said the EP was "weak". The relative HP gains is the real objective, and those gains and losses are the only adjectives which should be associated with each of the tested exhausts

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Europipe Stage II quiet making great power!