996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Orton 996 Turbo at Road Atlanta

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 12:22 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Orton 996 Turbo at Road Atlanta

Just a rep for Neil, my car was awesome this past weekend and in only my first time doing competitive tracking I was able to run the 6th fastest time (in any class) for the whole weekend. Nasa Time Trial are session based but only your fastest lap counts.

The only cars that were faster were 2 GT3 cup cars, one of which owns the track record for this event and is racing in the lemans series, A shop owned corvette with 630 rwhp and well recognized pro driver, a super stalker kit car and a heavily modded STI that looked race prepped.

Not to mention I was the only person in the group on street tires, reg old and worn pirelli pzero assimetrico, nearly everyone else ran the trials on hoosiers. Three of the cars that were ahead of me I could have bested simply with a set of PSC's because I lost a lot of time with understeer. That cup car and vette shop car will take a little more work and a few more and seat time.

Thanks to Neil for helping me through out the weekend with tech and building such a fast car. To date walked several modded Z06's on the straights at WOT with a Orton "550" hp (yeah right)

BTW that GT3 RSR is CRAZY FAST!!!!!!

http://www.nasa-southeast.com/result...20Results.html car#22

Last edited by heavychevy; 03-23-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
D,
Congrats !!

Don't forget Giovanni's is this Saturday !

Bill

Old 03-23-2007, 11:59 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Congrats. Corey Friedman is a PRO so dont feel bad.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:23 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Congrats. Corey Friedman is a PRO so dont feel bad.
Yeah I know, I just couldnt keep up with him long enough to learn something. Race car vs Street car ... Pro vs Noob... I dont feel bad at all.

Old 03-23-2007, 01:03 PM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
Nice number Dez. When are you going to get some good tires?

Old 03-23-2007, 02:43 PM
I was meaning to call you and ask you where you got the Nitto NT-01's, I think those are next for me because I need something I can drive on the street as well. Either those or Yoko A048's.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
Glad you had a good time it was a blast.hey enjoy your 15 mins of fame as I've got a few more tt's that will soon be joining us at the track and after I've installed a GMG roll cage in a 997GT3 it will also be coming to play.Then again you will be allways quicker than Jenko.

Neil

Old 03-23-2007, 11:11 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Neil,
Glad to hear you are spreading some good work around,
Good Luck!
MK

Old 03-24-2007, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by Neil
Glad you had a good time it was a blast.hey enjoy your 15 mins of fame as I've got a few more tt's that will soon be joining us at the track and after I've installed a GMG roll cage in a 997GT3 it will also be coming to play.Then again you will be allways quicker than Jenko.

Neil

Well, I have no doubt I can hang with a non cup car GT3 as my car is now. When I get tires, it's going to be even faster. Road Atlanta suits the turbo better anyways.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:25 AM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Neil
.Then again you will be allways quicker than Jenko.

Neil
thanks, neil

Old 03-24-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally Posted by jenk12m
thanks, neil

LOL ........

Old 03-24-2007, 12:37 AM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
i'm not mad, there is always someone faster. i wont sell my car to try and find something faster.haha

Old 03-24-2007, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by jenk12m
i'm not mad, there is always someone faster. i wont sell my car to try and find something faster.haha
I would. Seems like paul would too.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I would. Seems like paul would too.
thats who i was talking about...you really do need to consider putting a roll cage in there and better seats.