996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

So just how fast is a Ferrari F360 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 07:19 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Those stickers were just for the Magazine article I don't drive around with them on!

I'll see what I can dig up for sound clips!

Old 03-25-2007, 07:32 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Try this it is with the cat bypass pipes as well but still sounds about the same:

http://media.putfile.com/100_2104

Old 03-26-2007, 01:05 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buddyg
If you heard my Fabspeed straight pipes you wouldn't say that!

Vid or sound clips immediately please!!!!!

Old 03-26-2007, 04:04 AM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Stock Turbo would take a 360... Yours would demolish it.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:13 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
I recently bought an "01 360 Spider and I must say that it was faster than I thought it would be. It seems to have all of its power high in the rev range and be much faster at speed from a roll, like most high HP lower TQ cars. With that being said, I still love the car. If you can own both, by all means do so, you will have the best of both worlds. I recently took down a 996 C2 cab in the 360...from 50-110, I then hopped in the GT2 and destroyed a red Enzo, I had to laugh at the irony myself.

With all of that being said, I will ALWAYS own a Porsche, but the F-car makes a nice compliment to it.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Dan
Dan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to beholdDan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by buddyg
Try this it is with the cat bypass pipes as well but still sounds about the same:

http://media.putfile.com/100_2104
Any videos of the car?

Old 03-27-2007, 09:06 AM
http://media.putfile.com/DA-M5-vs-GT-700

This is against a very highly modded M5 running over 800 hp

Old 04-06-2007, 01:41 AM
jvmax is infamous around these parts
never have driven a 996 TT, but I can say as a current owner of a 1999 Ferrari 360 that I can't imagine how much more faster you would want to go. Once you get over the 400HP number, there is just not enough road to drive these beasts as they should be driven. Ferrari is a different animal compared to the 911 (I also own a 993 C2S) and they each have there +'s and -'s. Let's just say if you want to be noticed, a bright yellow Ferrari with Tubi exhaust is the way to go. If you want to blend in, then the 911 is the way to go, unless you have a Fabspeed Super Cup exhaust which I have on my 911.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:24 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
That's funny, because I'm not blending in at all... Matter of fact, I'm getting a lot of attention in my modded 996TT!

Guess it depends on where you live and what your goals are with your car...

Mike

Old 04-06-2007, 08:03 AM
Kunsthammer is infamous around these parts
Here is a video a friend of mine made. F430 vs 997 Turbo. Both stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i5ydymcicc

The F430 doesn't stand a chance.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:05 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jvmax
Once you get over the 400HP number, there is just not enough road to drive these beasts as they should be driven.
400 HP? Heck...I use that much in reverse.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Dont underestimate the 430 though a whole different animal!

Old 04-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Marc997GT3
Dont underestimate the 430 though a whole different animal!
Agreed. That's more suited for comparison to a stock 997TT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaS2wWbbWS8

Old 04-06-2007, 11:55 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
400 HP? Heck...I use that much in reverse.
Could probably beat that 360 in reverse too. That's what a mid-high 13 sec car?

Blending in????? I guess maybe if you live in Miami or LA and you have to take extra steps not to blend in. I didnt buy my TT to be seen nor did I my corvette, they both get plenty of attention but most of the time I go by people to fast to see them gawking, except for the ones that block me just so they can give me a thumbs up. Ferrari's are sinking down the chain when it comes to performance so when it comes to speed, I'll stick with my turbo, when I want something to sit in the garage and drive slow and draw a crowd, I'll get a ferrari.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:17 PM
jvmax is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Could probably beat that 360 in reverse too. That's what a mid-high 13 sec car?

Blending in????? I guess maybe if you live in Miami or LA and you have to take extra steps not to blend in. I didnt buy my TT to be seen nor did I my corvette, they both get plenty of attention but most of the time I go by people to fast to see them gawking, except for the ones that block me just so they can give me a thumbs up. Ferrari's are sinking down the chain when it comes to performance so when it comes to speed, I'll stick with my turbo, when I want something to sit in the garage and drive slow and draw a crowd, I'll get a ferrari.
Maybe it's just where I live (Central Florida), but 996 911's are a dime a dozen along with AMG Mercedes, and BMW M3's. Now when I was looking for a daily driver that was not like everything else around here and was fast and cheap, I ended up picking up a Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 coupe. Before you laugh, lets look at the specs and price. 330 HP, from a Mercedes AMG Supercharged handbuilt engine, 0-60 in under 5 seconds, love it or hate it styling, less than 3000 srt-6 made. So last month, I picked it up for $24,000 brand new, never titled, sticker was $47k. It's the best kept sleeper car out there, its 100% mercedes with a chrysler badge.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: So just how fast is a Ferrari F360 ?