996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

So just how fast is a Ferrari F360 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Banned
duc749r is infamous around these parts
The 360 is slowwwww. I drove a 360 F1 spider in the Players Run a couple years ago from NY to LA and my brother took his Boxster S with minor mods, exhaust, air intake and chip. Lets just say on a straight away through Kansas i punched it and he was on my *** the whole time from 80 - 175. I was shocked, i couldnt pull away. 360 is not worth the money. A turbo would easily eat it up.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:32 PM
YoWils is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jvmax
I ended up picking up a Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 coupe. Before you laugh, lets look at the specs and price. 330 HP, from a Mercedes AMG Supercharged handbuilt engine, 0-60 in under 5 seconds, love it or hate it styling, less than 3000 srt-6 made. So last month, I picked it up for $24,000 brand new, never titled, sticker was $47k. It's the best kept sleeper car out there, its 100% mercedes with a chrysler badge.
Not to hijack this thread (too much), I'd agree that the SRT-6 is certainly much more nimble than the SRT-8's and SRT-10's. However, when I drove one over the summer at Infineon, I noticed: 1) The steering column doesn't adjust AT ALL which makes it hard to get properly situated; 2) It has SO MUCH LESS grip than all the other SRT vehicles that I couldn't keep the back planted on a wet track through all the turns (thank goodness for ESP). However, for a DD, I'm sure it's more than enough for the task.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:36 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Maybe it's just where I live (Central Florida), but 996 911's are a dime a dozen along with AMG Mercedes, and BMW M3's. Now when I was looking for a daily driver that was not like everything else around here and was fast and cheap, I ended up picking up a Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 coupe. Before you laugh, lets look at the specs and price. 330 HP, from a Mercedes AMG Supercharged handbuilt engine, 0-60 in under 5 seconds, love it or hate it styling, less than 3000 srt-6 made. So last month, I picked it up for $24,000 brand new, never titled, sticker was $47k. It's the best kept sleeper car out there, its 100% mercedes with a chrysler badge.
I like the crossfire, I think they are sharp looking and with 330 hp no slouches either. In fact I tried to talk my wife into one of those but she prefered the CLK 500 and chrysler nor mercedes has very good quility ratings. Yeah you are in a wealthy part of Fla as well and I'm sure you would see plenty of 911's but you wont see may done like the ones on this board, My car garners attention everywhere, even in Atlanta, and the best part about that is that I dont care, I love it and I know 99.9% of the people I meet cant beat me in a straight line or on a track so that keeps me content.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:58 PM
jvmax is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I like the crossfire, I think they are sharp looking and with 330 hp no slouches either. In fact I tried to talk my wife into one of those but she prefered the CLK 500 and chrysler nor mercedes has very good quility ratings. Yeah you are in a wealthy part of Fla as well and I'm sure you would see plenty of 911's but you wont see may done like the ones on this board, My car garners attention everywhere, even in Atlanta, and the best part about that is that I dont care, I love it and I know 99.9% of the people I meet cant beat me in a straight line or on a track so that keeps me content.
Yes, if I were to get a 996, it would definitely be a turbo, if the prices come down more as they are definitely a lot of car for the money. I am not really a fan of modding, as there is nothing like a stock car to me, maybe its just my age (37).

Old 10-03-2007, 12:03 AM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
Originally Posted by roadsterdoc
All true. But Ferraris are such lookers. So beautiful, but tempermental and expensive to maintain. MARKSKI's sig says it best.
nothing more to say but what is said above.

Old 10-03-2007, 06:48 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
I recently bought an "01 360 Spider and I must say that it was faster than I thought it would be. It seems to have all of its power high in the rev range and be much faster at speed from a roll, like most high HP lower TQ cars. With that being said, I still love the car. If you can own both, by all means do so, you will have the best of both worlds. I recently took down a 996 C2 cab in the 360...from 50-110, I then hopped in the GT2 and destroyed a red Enzo, I had to laugh at the irony myself.

With all of that being said, I will ALWAYS own a Porsche, but the F-car makes a nice compliment to it.
Joe
I have asked you to change your avatar, that is childish of you.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:41 PM
edl
edl is infamous around these parts
911 turbos are way faster than the 360. But the 360 drives so well...it's such a nice car. Buy both if you have the means.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:47 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by robmd99
Joe
I have asked you to change your avatar, that is childish of you.
Look a the date of his post, it's from back in March. Pretty sure he doesn't have that avatar anymore.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:23 PM
sdorn is infamous around these parts
I am not really a fan of modding, as there is nothing like a stock car to me, maybe its just my age (37).

Wow, you are old. How do even get around? Don't you need a wheelchair or something?

Old 10-09-2007, 02:56 PM
evoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to beholdevoviiiyou is a splendid one to behold
Here is a stock E63 vs a 360....kinda funny how the girl in the 360 waves a little to prematurely!LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdp6SO5p9wU

Old 10-09-2007, 04:45 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
360s are S L O W.

i have been trying to beat up on one but still have not had a chance to run one on the street...