996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Get-out-of-jail License Plate holder?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by carbonissimo
I always tell the Officer that my Father is a retired Policeman.
That ends the discussion every time.
Your lucky they don't say "Oh really, where was he an officer?"

Old 03-29-2007, 01:27 PM
BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !BBGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pvanosta
I just bought this '01 996TT.
The person who sold it to me, pointed out the license plate holder, which states" MEMBER 11-99 Foundation" and said that that was an expensive, but useful accessory. He said the previous owner paid a lot of money for it.

At least two people have now told me that these things are found on the cars of high-end drivers, because it allows them to speed on the California freeways with fewer or no consequences.

Can anyone corroborate this (or dismiss it as an urban myth)?
Yes they work.....maybe

Slow down and enjoy the scenery or else go to a track.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:14 PM
carbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud ofcarbonissimo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Origyns 973
Your lucky they don't say "Oh really, where was he an officer?"
They always ask "where"...right away.
And I tell them.
And we always part friends.

Old 03-29-2007, 03:50 PM
FlyingLow is infamous around these parts
Not true. We would like to believe it but four different LEO's told me no way does it help.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Banned
Eric523 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by carbonissimo
They always ask "where"...right away.
And I tell them.
And we always part friends.
Doesn't seem to work for me. My grandpa is a retired LA Sherriff and my dad is a current Orange County Sherriff.....total speeding tickets... 7. F$#%

Old 03-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Eric523
Doesn't seem to work for me. My grandpa is a retired LA Sherriff and my dad is a current Orange County Sherriff.....total speeding tickets... 7. F$#%
You have some bad luck... I can't talk though I got nailed with 9 tickets in a period of 2 months.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:14 PM
BusyLivin is infamous around these parts
As i understand it, the 11-99 code is the police jargon for "Officer down, needs assistance". The 11-99 foundation was set up for people to donate money to so that in the event of an officer getting shot on the job, his or her family would receive some financial compensation.

It's an expensive club to be in for the hope that the officer appreciates your donation enough to let you slide on a ticket here and there.

And different donation amounts buy you different things; one of them is a badge with your name on it that you could keep conveniently next to your drivers license, the license plate frame comes with all donations i think, there's stickers and other stuff too.

Yeah, i did my homework.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by BusyLivin
As i understand it, the 11-99 code is the police jargon for "Officer down, needs assistance". The 11-99 foundation was set up for people to donate money to so that in the event of an officer getting shot on the job, his or her family would receive some financial compensation.

It's an expensive club to be in for the hope that the officer appreciates your donation enough to let you slide on a ticket here and there.

And different donation amounts buy you different things; one of them is a badge with your name on it that you could keep conveniently next to your drivers license, the license plate frame comes with all donations i think, there's stickers and other stuff too.

Yeah, i did my homework.
Indeed you did. I think for the amount the donation is its just better to buy a valentine one and laser jammer.

Old 03-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
My "Once a Marine, Always a Marine" plate frame has saved my bacon many times...

Old 03-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Banned
Eric523 is infamous around these parts
You have some bad luck... I can't talk though I got nailed with 9 tickets in a period of 2 months.
ooohhh...you beat me. I rack up a lot of fix it tickets and small stuff. The speeding ones are the only one's that really hurt. Luckily I have been able to spread them out a bit so I can keep my license and insurance.

If I had a bike like yours it would be over...

Old 03-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Eric523
ooohhh...you beat me. I rack up a lot of fix it tickets and small stuff. The speeding ones are the only one's that really hurt. Luckily I have been able to spread them out a bit so I can keep my license and insurance.

If I had a bike like yours it would be over...
I'm right at that almost all over point.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:42 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
it worked great in my supra - got off on over 6 tickets. in the porsche - i've been stopped twice for > 100, got 2 tickets for 99. in a porsche, you don't really get breaks.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:31 PM
BusyLivin is infamous around these parts
Indeed you did. I think for the amount the donation is its just better to buy a valentine one and laser jammer.
Not sure how much a laser jammer costs, but you could buy at least 3 Valentine One's!!!

edit, just noticed your picture, damn what are the stories behind those tickets?!

Old 03-29-2007, 10:05 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by paneraiwatches
Not true, at least not for me
So how was jail.. meet anyone fun j/k

Old 08-10-2007, 08:29 AM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
I guess I finally answered my own question.

Got pulled over doing 74 in a 50, on an empty stretch of 4-lane road.

Drove home with shiny new speeding ticket...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Get-out-of-jail License Plate holder?