996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Get-out-of-jail License Plate holder?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 09:25 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Origyns 973

The theory of that plate frame getting you out of jail and letting you speed as much as you'd like aws debunked a long time ago. They won't give you a break because of it.
depends on the CHP, many of them will give you a break. However, the membership has expanded so much in the last few years they are less and less usefull.

Some officers will cut you a break with it, others won't. But remember, it's only CHP.....local PD will write you up either way.

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 08-10-2007 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:35 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11-99_Foundation

Wouldn't try it anyways... The theory is great EXCEPT that someone who had a ton of respect for the Police Officers and their families would also likely have respect for the law.... so it's likely to **** off someone if you're doing 180mph even MORE than if there were nothing at all...

Old 08-10-2007, 10:08 AM
JoshBsZ is infamous around these parts
It is what it is. It says someone donated a lot of money to the police foundation, and MIGHT assist you in getting off a ticket, or the cop MIGHT be more leanent on you when you violate the law. Its no gaurentee you get out of jail free.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:22 PM
Sonic is infamous around these parts
there is another plate frame out there for the different police dept's. it says the area and the radio code. I have one for Las Vegas which is KOM***, and the one for Los Angeles is KMA***. they are supposed to be for the officers and their families only, so it has gotten me out of a few tickets.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:35 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pvanosta
I guess I finally answered my own question.

Got pulled over doing 74 in a 50, on an empty stretch of 4-lane road.

Drove home with shiny new speeding ticket...
Go to Borders and get the Nolo Press Book; "How to fight your speeding ticket in California". Read it , THEN decide what to do.

A

Old 08-11-2007, 08:15 AM
JRL
JRL is infamous around these parts
When I get stopped I blame it on Bush - never seems to work.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Banned
TommyBahama is infamous around these parts
MrTheKid has the badge. not sure if it helps him though.

Old 08-11-2007, 10:56 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Maybe it is the difference between getting a ticket for 120 versus getting a ticket, a ride in the back seat of the police car and a tow....

Old 08-11-2007, 01:15 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BusyLivin
As i understand it, the 11-99 code is the police jargon for "Officer down, needs assistance". The 11-99 foundation was set up for people to donate money to so that in the event of an officer getting shot on the job, his or her family would receive some financial compensation.

It's an expensive club to be in for the hope that the officer appreciates your donation enough to let you slide on a ticket here and there.

And different donation amounts buy you different things; one of them is a badge with your name on it that you could keep conveniently next to your drivers license, the license plate frame comes with all donations i think, there's stickers and other stuff too.

Yeah, i did my homework.
It isn't just officers that are shot. It assists CHP officers for many different reasons where they are unable to perform their job. It also provides services such as scholarships to these same officers children, etc. It provides things that help these officers and their families financially cope durning trying times.

Being a CHP Officer isn't an easy job. I wouldn't want the job. I do appreciate what they do and that is why I support the organization.

Will belonging get you out of a ticket you deserve? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. It is the particular officers judgement and how he/she feels about the particular violation and your support of The 1199 Foundation. Consider it a gift if they let you skate. Skating cannot be expected.

Last edited by cjv; 08-11-2007 at 01:17 PM.