996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Traded in the Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 01:11 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Traded in the Turbo S

Hi Everyone,

I just traded my 05 Turbo S for a Ford GT with 1600 miles on it. I hope I like it! hehehe.

Seth

Old 03-30-2007, 01:37 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats. Bring it to the drive with us this Sat.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=77998

Old 03-30-2007, 02:36 AM
O-Ace is infamous around these parts
Congrats! Post a review and detailed comparison

Old 03-30-2007, 06:01 AM
Banned
GrettW is infamous around these parts
If you havent driven a Ford GT yet, these cars are insanely fun to drive and very fast even in stock form.

Old 03-30-2007, 10:09 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
I was about to scold you for selling the pcar, but those GT's are sweeeeet. Congrats on the purchase.

Old 04-01-2007, 01:22 PM
First thoughts...

This car attracts insane attention, even in Redmond WA where nice hardware is abundant. Truckers roll down their windows and give me thumbs up... people take camera phone pictures... etc... very strange.

The car itself is slower than my EVO Stage IV. I expected it to be, but it puts into perspective what the extra 100hp and torque really mean when driving (this can be fixed with the GT).

The hooks up fairly well for RWD. Seems to transfer weight nicely. It spins and gets a little loose as expected but nothing freaky. It drifts on demand also, but I need to practice this more before I trust it(me).

It has a super comfortable ride. This at first concerned me. Anything that smooth shouldn't handle so nicely... yet I think it out handles my 996 Turbo S (which had the X73 suspension and sat on 315 wide tires in the rear).

The car sounds great. My Turbo sounded like ***.

It's a very cool car. I prefer the interior (in most ways) of my 996... better detail, beter usability.

All said I miss my Turbo. I couldn't justify having two really fast cars, but part of me is wishing I would have kept the turbo also (My turbo was getting close to what I wanted, and Kevin at UMW was going to finish it off the way I wanted).

The GT is a cool car. It's exotic, easy to drive, fun to drive and sounds all business. Is it better than a modified 996 Turbo s? Not sure. I had so much money into my 996TT that strangely it's not a fair comparison.

The only quesion now, is should I mod this GT? Or will it's value plumit?

Seth

Old 04-01-2007, 01:43 PM
ROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really niceROCK is just really nice
You traded what for what ???
They're both keepers !!!

Old 04-01-2007, 05:08 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
My buddy has a GT and a set of FORD's Long tube headers made it sound
Glorious!!!! Also you can do a simple smaller SC pulley and tune and you should be good to go. Congrats, I want one!

Marty K.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SlowMotion
...The car sounds great. My Turbo sounded like ***....
Haha! you're funny. I've always thought the stock 996TT sounded like a vaccume cleaner..... ***

Congrats on the GT. I love that car. How much more boost can you add (smaller pully) before increasing injector size is required? You should do a few simple mods that are easily reversible. . I'm so into denial!

Old 04-01-2007, 07:28 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Congrats on the GT and definitely do the mods Woodtster is talking about.

Old 04-01-2007, 09:41 PM
Banned
BA996TT is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

I too have been looking to add a GT to my stable. If you just bolt on a Kenne Bell supercharger instead of the Eaton it produces over 800 HP. Now if you really want the ULTIMATE GT have Jason Heffner TWIN TURBO it. He did a Twin Turbo Viper for me in the past and his work is TOP NOTCH!!!! Look at the article Car & Driver did on the Twin Turbo GT... http://www.caranddriver.com/specialt...-gallardo.html

Here is a direct quote from Car & Driver about Heffners Twin Turbo GT :

"We’ve never tested a street car that accelerated to 150 mph quicker than this twin-turbo GT. Even the Saleen S7 Twin Turbo, which nicks the turbo GT in the quarter-mile (the S7 does 10.9 seconds at 140 mph, the GT 11.1 at 139), is slower by a full second to 150 mph."

Here is a link to Jason's site with some videos of the rides: http://www.heffnersperformance.com/ YOU NEED TO WATCH THE VIDEO FROM 0 TO 175. YOU WILL GET A CHUBBY!!!!!!

CONGRATS on the GT. It is a BEAUTIFUL car.

ROB

Last edited by BA996TT; 04-01-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
Have you seen this video? Old, but exciting...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...3c01421e14.htm

Old 04-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
That FordGT is now 1500HP.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ari
Have you seen this video? Old, but exciting...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1...3c01421e14.htm
I want to do that so bad!

Old 04-01-2007, 11:43 PM
I'll start the modding soon!

I think I should have just wrote a bigger check and kept my Turbo also. I've had 6 Porsches and always end up back at them. I hope I like this GT as much.

Seth.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Traded in the Turbo S