996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Hey weight weenies check this out!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:55 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Hey weight weenies check this out!!

Braille B106 Carbon Fiber Race Battery

Our Products: Braille Batteries & Accessories > Braille Carbon Fiber Batteries
Price: $200.00
SKU: B106C
Weight: 6 lbs 6 ozs

B106 Carbon Fiber Race Battery Specs

Casing: Carbon Composite Shell & Polymer Plastic
Weight: 6 lbs
Length: 5.8
Width: 3.4
Height: 4.2
Pulse Cranking Amps: 527
Warranty: 1 Year Free Replacement

Braille Carbon Fiber Batteries are intended to improve the appearance and performance of your vehicle. By enhancing the quality of the materials of this dry cell battery, Braille is able to increase the electrical performance of a battery. The genuine carbon fiber casing is an external representation of this special line of batteries suited to match the level of quality of the type of vehicle you own and love. Don’t settle for anything less for your vehicle.

Recommended Uses:
Extreme Lightweight Vehicles – Full Race Cars
Extreme Audio Builds with Very Small Space and a need for multiple batteries – Multiple Amps, Subs and enough wiring for a small city? You need this battery! Is your deisgn a work of art? Then you need this battery!
Custom Cars / Choppers– No Acid to Spill - protect and enhance your vehicle!

Not Recommended For:
Cold Climates
Long Term Storage
Large Displacement Motors with High Compression
Any vehicle you don’t want to look or perform better!
Customers looking to start large motors machine – check out the B2015 or B3121 Carbon Batteries.

About Braille Batteries & the B106 Models Development:
Braille Batteries are used by racers all over the world in the FIA WRC, FIA Formula Racing, Speed World Challenge Series, SCCA ProRally Series, SCCA Regional and National Racing, NASA Touring Cars, NIRA, NOPI and Battle of the Imports Drag Racing Series. The Spec B106 is the lightest automotive racing battery in the World! Braille developed the B106 to excel at racing by designing durability and weight reduction design to help shave those last couple pounds from your race vehicle. Weight is the enemy and this is the ultimate way to make your vehicle lighter than your competitor!
The B106 features an industry leading energy to weight ratio. Enhanced Mat Technology (more surface area on the lead plates) combined with calcium full frame power path grids (increase cranking power), yields over 520 Pulse Cranking Amps. With a weight of under 7 pounds/3.1kg (without terminals) the Braille B106 shatters conceptions about battery size and performance.
Durability was also designed into the B106 battery. Using high density oxide, braille was able to offer a battery with true deep-cycling ability over the life of the battery. Heavy duty vibration resistant power posts resist cracking and deterioration common to many lightweight batteries used in harsh automotive environments. The B106 is a sealed unit that can be mounted in any position safely using its adjustable automotive terminal posts & is approved for racing by all major sanctioning bodies. Braille also includes a one-year free replacement limited warranty that is not pro-rated. Please see the attached warranty card, or go online to www.braillebatteries.com for more details on this warranty program.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:04 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Have you got one yet Tom? I saw it on the other forum. Do I dare?:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=337176

Old 03-30-2007, 11:09 PM
SallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the rough
Braille batteries are rebadged East Penn Deka batteries (their Power Sports line), which are also rebadged under a few different nameplates. Great batteries, but I'd personally skip the Braille name. The CF doesn't save any weight over their plastic shell ones.

The nice thing about the Braille branded ones is they come with the SAE posts included. Definitely not worth the price difference to me though. You can pick up SAE posts for $10 or so online if you can't find em cheaper at your local autoparts store.

For instance:

Braille B106: $179
Deka ETX9: $47.95

Braille B14115: $179
Deka ETX14: $53.95

Braille B2015: $189
Deka ETX20L: $63.95

Braille B3121: $199
Deka ETX30L: $69.95

I just recently picked up the ETX30L for my Noble. Nice battery, but I wouldn't pay $200 for it.

Old 03-31-2007, 01:05 AM
Banned
Eric is infamous around these parts
There ya go ^ i was going to post a less informative post about the same thing. Oh well +1 for me

E

Old 03-31-2007, 02:19 AM
VRAlexander
Just ordered one ...Thanks

+1 for you (oh wait..that system is gone :0 )
Thanks again

Old 03-31-2007, 09:31 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
weight of stock battery for comparo?

which above works well for a car that is driven 3 times a week?

(I have a Porsche battery mainainer that I usually use in winter only)

MK

What are sae posts? what other parts needed to make the Deka battery work?

Old 03-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Banned
Origyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to beholdOrigyns 973 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Just ordered one ...Thanks

+1 for you (oh wait..that system is gone :0 )
Thanks again
In your case it would have been like +3094820398

Old 03-31-2007, 10:58 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Nice find Tom.
Marty had some good questions. I am not familiar with how batteries work too much,but will this smaller battery do everything a stock battery would do?
Great price too, compared to stock.
Thanks

Old 03-31-2007, 11:12 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wross996TT
Have you got one yet Tom? I saw it on the other forum. Do I dare?:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=337176
On its way!!

Old 03-31-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Nice find Tom.
Marty had some good questions. I am not familiar with how batteries work too much,but will this smaller battery do everything a stock battery would do?
Great price too, compared to stock.
Thanks
This battery is not a normal battery. It starts the car fine and works all weekend without a charge.......But you cant just keep you doors open and radio on at the track or that will be it.

It needs charged nightly, I charge it between runs at the track. I also carry a jumper pack with me (old boy scout) but have never had to use it.

Bottom line, I think it is a track car use only battery, but I know how you guys are!!!

Old 03-31-2007, 04:38 PM
SallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the roughSallyMobile is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
weight of stock battery for comparo?

which above works well for a car that is driven 3 times a week?

(I have a Porsche battery mainainer that I usually use in winter only)

MK

What are sae posts? what other parts needed to make the Deka battery work?
Stock battery is 52 lbs.

3 Times a week? They all should work, though I'd hesitate to choose the 6lb model (as listed, they are 6, 11.5, 15, and 21 lbs).

SAE posts:

BTW, they're not necessary, you can bolt the wiring directly to the battery.

On the Porsche, I went with a 15lb Tempest battery.

Amp hours SHOULD tell you how much time your car can sit between drives in comparison to other batteries. Here are the numbers, all equalized to a drain down to 10.5v:

11.5lb Braille B14115/Deka ETX14: 15.1 Amp hours
15lb Tempest: 36 Amp hours
15lb Braille B2015/Deka ETX20: 21 Amp hours
15lb Odyssey PC680: 15.4 Amp hours
21lb Braille B3121/Deka ETX30L: 31 Amp hours
26lb Odyssey PC925: 26 Amp hours
38.2lb Odyssey PC1200: 39.5 Amp hours

Chart for the Tempest:

Of course, they could be fudging the numbers, so YMMV.

Here's mine:

Old 03-31-2007, 04:40 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Good info. Sally. Thanks....man that thing is small (I know...that's what she said).

Old 04-01-2007, 12:38 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
I want one of those (tempest) where to buy and what extra parts are needed (brackets etc.)

Old 04-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Cool! I've taken a couple of Braille courses. I hope there are some blind dudes involved in the company. Anyone know about this?

Mike

Old 04-01-2007, 03:08 AM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
I want one of those (tempest) where to buy and what extra parts are needed (brackets etc.)
Full battery specs:

http://www.tempestbatteries.com/html/bab26-12.html

Where to buy:

http://www.batteryspec.com/ecomm/car...ink&product=26

Bracket:

http://raceprecision.com/products/po...ry_bracket.htm

The posts are easiest to get from your local auto parts store if you want to use em.

Again though, we're kinda trusting specs here. If the manufacturers are fudging their numbers, what may seem good may not be.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hey weight weenies check this out!!