996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Custom Exhaust cutouts on OEM system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Gary in BR is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
I was told by someone who tried this and dyno'ed it that they LOST power when open. Just fyi. Not sure which shop now...but a national level one.

Good luck and please report back...pictures too.....

Thanks.

JB

I am not questioning your post I am checking my research with your facts. but on a turbo car all of the theroys I have heard say that cutouts should increase power.

As I say I am not trying to pick a cyber fight I am curious if anyone else has heard this?

Old 01-12-2008, 10:26 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gary in BR
I am not questioning your post I am checking my research with your facts. but on a turbo car all of the theroys I have heard say that cutouts should increase power.

As I say I am not trying to pick a cyber fight I am curious if anyone else has heard this?

Call iA....I think they did an install once.....

I could be wrong too...maybe they just used a bad spot.....I don't know.

JB

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 01-12-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:24 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Ok, today is revive dead threads day:
1. Has anyone tried this?
2. Does anyone have any suggestions about a valve that does not conk-out from the heat?
3. Shark01... what's this thermal blanket stuff (insulating wrap?)? Where do you propose to put it and how would it help keeping the valves from seizing?
4. Folks at iA.. anyone care to chime in on this past install?

My plan would be to gut the first 200 cell cat and put the bypass there (between the first two O2 sensors) and then leave the 400 cell. It should net some gain when closed (while maintaining low sound levels) and monster gains when open. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!