996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Carnewal steering wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 08:14 PM
Code Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to behold
Carnewal steering wheel

Has any checked out the all leather carnewal steering wheel? It is thicker than stock and costs about $1K, which is half the price of the Techart wheel.

Old 03-18-2004, 08:34 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Carnewal steering wheel

Originally posted by Code Red
Has any checked out the all leather carnewal steering wheel? It is thicker than stock and costs about $1K, which is half the price of the Techart wheel.
Your kidding...The Techart wheel is $2000???

Holy Jamoly!!!

Old 03-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Code Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to behold
I believe that it is actually a little higher than that to be accurate. The carnewal wheel is starting to look pretty good.

Old 03-18-2004, 08:43 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Is it just the thicker steering wheel option on the '04 Turbos?

Old 03-18-2004, 08:55 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
pics?

Old 03-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Shank, I think its just the CPZ wheel

I think I am going to keep my post count where it is

Last edited by Chordate; 03-18-2004 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:27 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Not to steer you away from Carnewal... but I think that wheel looks like the thicker factory wheel. The Techart version that reworks a factory wheel, is, if I recall correctly in the $800 to $1400 range (plus your stock wheel) depending on all leather - or CF. TA is also perforated and looks cooler.

Old 03-18-2004, 10:38 PM
TA stopped the trade in policy effective immediately. The new price is north of $2K. Is the Carnewal the same as the all leather Porsche wheel only ,more expensive. I hate the feel of the carbon, it has to be all leather.

Old 03-18-2004, 10:43 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
you can sell your carbon wheel for over $1000 if that makes you feel much better... that would make the TA steering wheel only $900.

Not that I would give TechArt $2K for a steering wheel... just out of principle. Have you checked with Arling to see if he can get you a better price?

Factory CPZ wheel is very nice, next time you see Noel, check out his wheel, as he has that option on his GT3.

Old 03-18-2004, 11:17 PM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by dpblessing
Not to steer you away from Carnewal... but I think that wheel looks like the thicker factory wheel.
It is the factory wheel. (Gert) Carnewal carries factory parts.

Old 03-19-2004, 06:11 AM
Honored Member

W8MM is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Hamann7
Factory CPZ wheel is very nice, next time you see Noel, check out his wheel, as he has that option on his GT3.
It's VERY nice -- I agree. The standard wheel feels like a hula-hoop after driving a short while with the CPZ.

I just received the "CPZ" wheel from Carnewal via FedEx last night. I ordered one for my '01 TT Tiptronic coupe after my '04 TT cab 6-speed was delivered with the CPZ option.

With shipping, the Tip-style wheel (with the integrated up/down toggles) came to 898 Euro. This was about $1100 plus a little when PayPal did the currency exchange for me when I paid.

Gert received it just about 2 weeks after I placed the order (they are said to be in VERY short supply). This factory wheel is only avilable from sources like Gert. I tried to get it through Porsche parts places in the USA and it is not available other than as a crash repalcement part. The VIN of the ordering vehicle has to be supplied and the car has to have been built with the CPZ option at the factory to get the wheel at all through "official" channels.

I can't wait to get it installed!

Last edited by W8MM; 03-19-2004 at 06:18 AM.
Old 03-19-2004, 08:36 AM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
TA stopped the trade in policy effective immediately. The new price is north of $2K. ....
That is very bad news.
Thanks for the updated information.

Old 03-19-2004, 10:37 AM
Jack(LA) is infamous around these parts
TA stopped the trade in policy effective immediately. The new price is north of $2K. Is the Carnewal the same as the all leather Porsche wheel only ,more expensive. I hate the feel of the carbon, it has to be all leather.
Richard -- There may be another option -- have your existing wheel re-done (i.e., made thicker) locally. Call me for details.

Old 03-19-2004, 11:01 AM
Banned by Moderators
SANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura aboutSANDOVAL has a spectacular aura about
you might want to check out this thread... I should have mine back to show in a week or two.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...highlight=Agla