996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any Auto Insurance Compant That Will Include Drivers Education Track Events ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 01:00 AM
DEANWYSOCKI is infamous around these parts

Dw

Old 04-02-2007, 02:26 AM
phxturbo is infamous around these parts
I talked to a guy last week that smashed his NSX at a DE event recently and Gieco fixed the car no problem, he event told them where and how it happened.

Old 04-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
The general rule is that most policies include language regarding competition and or timed events as an exclusion from coverage.
Since DE 's are niether.They are events that teach driving skills and car control Good companies will pay. You should check the fine print. Don't ask them.

I had a serious incident and they investigated the format of the DE and did total the car( they probably didn't like it) but they did pay up.

What ever you do if it you have to make a claim don't lie!!! That is fraud and is their way out.

Elliot

Old 04-02-2007, 11:17 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Turbohead
The general rule is that most policies include language regarding competition and or timed events as an exclusion from coverage.
Since DE 's are niether.They are events that teach driving skills and car control Good companies will pay. You should check the fine print. Don't ask them.

I had a serious incident and they investigated the format of the DE and did total the car( they probably didn't like it) but they did pay up.

What ever you do if it you have to make a claim don't lie!!! That is fraud and is their way out.

Elliot
I agree 100%. Make sure the events are not timed! And remember, DE = Driver's Education. Be sure to do the classroom time prior to each event. You are there to learn how to drive better, in a classroom environment, on a closed course, with professional licensed instructors present. It is harder for the insurance company to dispute a claim with these conditions. Afterall, wouldn't they cover a 16 year-old beginner driver if he had an accident during driving school with his instructor in the car?

Old 04-02-2007, 11:17 AM
good points. your right calling them i get no answers, they say its not covered. i have gieco. i will call a few more anyway and get a print of my coverage details. otherwise i will just kidnap their "Getgo" critter and hold him ransom until they pay !

Old 04-02-2007, 11:35 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DEANWYSOCKI
...i will just kidnap their "Getgo" critter and hold him ransom until they pay !
Stock up on live crickets. You don't want to starve it.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:16 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
I need some sort of track insurance...does such service exist?

Old 04-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
Drew, The way you drive.......you better get track insurance post haste!!!

Old 04-02-2007, 08:06 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
haha, and why is that...I actually push the limits of my turbo...no! NO!

ok...maybe a bit...haha

Old 04-02-2007, 08:46 PM
PMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to beholdPMac is a splendid one to behold
I have State Farm, and before my first event, I emailed my agent a complete description of the PCA DE from their website, he forwarded it to their underwriters, who came back with a thumbs up.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:49 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
USAA also is pretty friendly for DE's. But if you look at Pano they have companies that specailize in track insurance. You buy it by the day and agree on a deductable in the event of an incident. This is the best way to protect yourself if you are really concerned.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:13 PM
I Called Usaa, This Is For People Who Have Military Experience And They Get This Discounted Insurance. So You Or Someone In Your Family Has To Have Military Background....

Old 04-03-2007, 01:49 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
Great info

Old 04-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Called Allstate and Nationwide = Both researched with underwriter and read me the exclusions ( just added a year ago, looks like they are catching on)

" club events, performance driving " not covered.

DW

Old 04-03-2007, 02:03 PM
USAA covered me in a DE 2 years ago. I had an off track excursion in my BMW at Texas World Speedway.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Auto Insurance Compant That Will Include Drivers Education Track Events ?