996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: Which Plugs are best for a 650 HP Application?
Bosch FR6 LDC
60.61%
Denso Double Platinum
39.39%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Spark Plugs (The Finale)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:32 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
I got a set of the Pluse Plugs. Still do not know if I will install them until I get confirmation that they will not hurt the car. I talked to the owner of PulstarPlug and he said they have sold over 500 applications (since Janurary 2008) with great results and not complaints.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Guys try the NGK BKR7E (6097) if you have a modded car 996tt. I gap them around .024 and Ive run crazy boost with out any spark issues. This is a straight Copper plug. GL

S

Old 04-07-2008, 11:43 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by kayman
my dealer just put in beru's when i took the car in for 30k service. If I stay within stage II hp range, do I really need to swap them for bosch?
Do not swap them! They will be fine. You have about 12,000 miles to figure out what type of plug you want to use next time.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:08 PM
90PSI is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by robertp
I got a set of the Pluse Plugs. Still do not know if I will install them until I get confirmation that they will not hurt the car. I talked to the owner of PulstarPlug and he said they have sold over 500 applications (since Janurary 2008) with great results and not complaints.
I was curious about these plugs too. I've researched a bit and it seems there are two schools of opinion on these amongst various car forums that they were discussed on. Some guys claim it made an impact and gave them a bit more power, and others claim they perform on par with any other premium plug. I'd love to hear your account once you have them installed and get a chance to run them a bit.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:46 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Per Kevin of UMW, for my use, the Bosch will have the fewest issues. So, I went Bosch. Nothing more complex than that. 1.0 to 1.1 bar boost....k16's only.

JB

Old 01-01-2010, 10:29 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
has anybody used pulstar plugs. i have them in all my other cars with very good results. i have them but have not put them in my tt yet.