996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

C6 Z06 in the 9's......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
That guy is running 10.5s all motor. That's blazing in anyone's book. I love the Vette, but I love my TT more.

Still, I think the Z06 is a fantastic car that does a lot of things well. A sub 3200 lb, 500HP car bone stock is noteworthy. The tires alone are worth $2,000...

Old 04-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hardtop
Let me find it.I did nos dry kit on his C5 and when he sold that car he put the kit on his 06 zo6.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...7&postcount=21

That's strange. This guy posted something about how nice it is finally seeing a Z06 in the 9's and the "Myhardtop" guy never corrected him.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...3&postcount=26

Old 04-03-2007, 11:05 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Luis,

thanks for keeping us up to date!
That is impressive for any car that is naturally aspirated and "relatively
stock" (yes, I saw he has cams, clutch, nitrous, custom headers, etc,)
But Jesus, that aint bad.

Post up your recent time slips Vicious (from the GTS coupe')

MK

Old 04-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Luis,

That is impressive for any car that is naturally aspirated and "relatively
stock" (yes, I saw he has cams, clutch, nitrous, custom headers, etc,)

MK
Marty, that shot of NOS made him no longer naturally aspirated.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
ehh my car is primarilly bone stock, will clip a high 11 on PS2 radials on a decent day... which means a low 12 @ CA speedway.

I believe the fastest gts yet is 11.7 in full stock off the showroom trim.

N/A record for a car with heads/cam is in the 9.5-9.7 range, I don't recall exactly.(no nitrous either) No clue what the nitrous record is, most guys don't bother. These things don't punch holes in the block and frag pistons with a little boost... or twist the frame, or have the roof fly off.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:36 PM
shakazulu12 is infamous around these partsshakazulu12 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme

That's strange. This guy posted something about how nice it is finally seeing a Z06 in the 9's and the "Myhardtop" guy never corrected him.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...3&postcount=26
Myhardtop has ceased to correct anyone anymore. He either doesn't keep, or doesn't know how to scan the copies of the slips onto the site. Numerous other third parties have confirmed that he has done it though. However whenever he brings it up on the site, he gets slammed on by everyone on there, so you rarely see him mention it anymore.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by shakazulu12
Myhardtop has ceased to correct anyone anymore. He either doesn't keep, or doesn't know how to scan the copies of the slips onto the site. Numerous other third parties have confirmed that he has done it though. However whenever he brings it up on the site, he gets slammed on by everyone on there, so you rarely see him mention it anymore.
Ah...gotcha. Thanks.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:07 AM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vicious
ehh my car is primarilly bone stock, will clip a high 11 on PS2 radials on a decent day... which means a low 12 @ CA speedway.

I believe the fastest gts yet is 11.7 in full stock off the showroom trim.

N/A record for a car with heads/cam is in the 9.5-9.7 range, I don't recall exactly.(no nitrous either) No clue what the nitrous record is, most guys don't bother. These things don't punch holes in the block and frag pistons with a little boost... or twist the frame, or have the roof fly off.
How about a n/a modular motor running a 9.205 @ 146.3

1.314 60'
3.809 330'
5.869 @ 119.02
9.205 @ 146.30

Best 60' was 1.29, best 330' pass was 3.756 and best 1/8th was 5.809.....car went 9.36 @ 125 as the tranny wouldn't pull 5th gear.

Here is a vid of the 9.36 pass....

www.vtengines.com/videos/scott929.WMV

not bad for a little 5.4L motor. Who says you need 7L+ to go bottom 9's n/a.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:21 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dgussin1
How about a n/a modular motor running a 9.205 @ 146.3
Yeah but that car doesnt even have a plate... Does it run on a street?
Looks like a 1/4 race car on a trailer to me... BTW, nothing wrong with that.. I just liek to compare apples to apples... if u cant drive it to the track... or its not legally titled with insurance... then its a whole different ball game...
just my opinion...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 04-04-2007 at 01:47 AM.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:42 AM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Looks like a 1/4 race car on a trailer to me... BTW, nothing wrong with that.. I just liek to compare apples to apples... if u cant drive it to the track... or its not legally titles with insurance... then its a whole different ball game...
just my opinion...
markski
Markski.... its cool to know you would SMOKE a 9 sec. vette from a roll.

Im not trying to start any trouble....but his trap is way lower than yours. Obviously when you get a good 60'........9's it is.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:54 AM
sy996tt is infamous around these partssy996tt is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Looks like a 1/4 race car on a trailer to me... BTW, nothing wrong with that.. I just liek to compare apples to apples... if u cant drive it to the track... or its not legally titled with insurance... then its a whole different ball game...
just my opinion...
markski
i agree...

Old 04-04-2007, 03:52 AM
Fanman is infamous around these parts
Did anybody see the video of the C6 Z06 running nitrous catching on fire. It was really early, when they had just introduced it and the guy was using 150-200 shot, but wound up blowing up his car.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:39 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Why anyone would be impressed with ANY time that somebody ran running on the bottle is beyond me. Once I hear the NOS crap, all bets are off....I don't care if he/she ran in the 8's. I view it as playing baseball with a corked bat.

Having said that, I think the C6Z06 is pretty impressive.....for awhile. I say for awhile because after a few launches at the strip the rear end rips outta the thing and after about an hour or two at the track the brakes are shot. Prior to those happening, its an impressive car from a performance standpoint. I'll keep my build quality comments to myself.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:50 AM
mclaren55 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by amerlemans
Why anyone would be impressed with ANY time that somebody ran running on the bottle is beyond me. Once I hear the NOS crap, all bets are off....I don't care if he/she ran in the 8's. I view it as playing baseball with a corked bat.
Yea, but at the end of the day that person still has that 8 second slip, and you don't. I like seeing people with other power adders on their car criticize others for running spray. Grow up, its a power adder, just like a super/turbo charger. A lot of people build spray specific engines and others build NA, turbo, blower setups. Whatever floats your boat, just don't knock someones accomplishment because they didn't go about it in a way that you approve.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:12 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Originally Posted by amerlemans
Ignorant.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 in the 9's......