996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

C6 Z06 in the 9's......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 02:05 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
9s street car is impressive regardless what it is.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Ok let me get this straight drag radials, wheelie bars, slicks, gutted (bello) porsches are acceptable but Nitrous is not? He broke the 9s and to me that is impressive. I don't race or have ever raced but I find some of the arguments as being ***** envy and nothing more.

Aloha

Byron

P.S. Markski this is not directed at you. I highly respect you FWIW.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:21 PM
stealth is infamous around these parts
How about this analogy: NOx = Steroids?

Old 04-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by stealth
What about engine builds with larger turbos and all these GT700, GT800, etc. kits? These kits aren't steroids but I guess we can say performance enhancing?

Aloha

Byron

Old 04-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
If we would be able to run NOS on the turbos I think we would just to run a 1/4 time... that still does not justify the times achieved doing so... At least in my book. Im only referring to street driven cars and not 1/4 mile specific . If I had a 1/4 car I would spray without a doubt.
I have nothing against NA cars turned turbo and or SC. But If have to race for a whole alot cash against a car thats spraying a 300 shot... hhhmmm Ill think twice about it. I might as well then just take out my evo 8 and put on a GT42 R turbo and spray. Then lets see what happens...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 04-04-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 05997S
NO2 but very commonly referred to as NOS much like referring to a tissue as a kleenex.
You're using Nitrogen Dioxide? very very interesting.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:19 PM
dgussin1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vicious
You're using Nitrogen Dioxide? very very interesting.

just make sure to keep the dyhydrogen monoxide (causes thousands of deaths each year) away from the nitrogen dioxide or there will be a cold mess.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dgussin1
just make sure to keep the dihydrogen monoxide (causes thousands of deaths each year) away from the nitrogen dioxide or there will be a cold mess.
8th grade chemistry FTW!

Old 04-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by stealth
no, it's a power adder in the same way a turbo or SC is. Fundamentally they do the EXACT same thing. Pump in more oxygen which is supplimented with more fuel, which results in higher combustion chamber pressures thus creating more power.

If you do it chemically or physically it's the same damn thing.

I'd gladly run a nitrous car vs a turbo car, especially out on the highway. N2O is great for a hard hit and it makes a ton of torque in the middle of the rpm range, but it can be very hard to control.

If you're afraid to run the car just because it has nitrous, you're not very confident in your turbo setup. Just because it's cheaper doesn't make it cheating.

If all else fails, just ask the nitrous guy to race 3 times.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:03 PM
mclaren55 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by amerlemans
I'm really impressed with the skill it takes to set up a bottle system .....go back to The Fast and the Furious.

You seriously are going to compare installing a supercharger or turbos to The Bottle? Uhmm, you run a SC or Turbo all day long. You press a button with spray and you get instant power shot for a few seconds. Yep, they are nearly identical

Yeah, I added the TT system to my 996tt just yesterday

Installing headers, cams, gears, exhaust......hell, even an ECU flash is cool with me. ****, anybody can hook a bottle up to a car with 150 less HP and for a few seconds have a faster car. Oh boy, thats really cool and proves what?.....it proves that you can effectively press a button and get a boost of power. A monkey could do that.

I'm not saying what is right or wrong. I'm saying I'm not impressed by anybody's time that is running spray and its NOT the same as adding a turbo charger or SC.
I never said you "added" a twin turbo setup to your 996. I stated that you have a power adder, and nitrous is also a power adder. Pull your head out of your ***. And yes, I would like to see you setup a 2 stage nitrous system, since a monkey can do it. Oh yea, and I'm love the fast and the furious movie series, I mean I won two pro street championships, but those were the basis for me building my multiple race cars. Honestly, you are one of the most arrogant and ignorant people I have ever encountered. Have a nice day.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:27 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
My bad should have consulted my 16yo before I posted. Put the 2 in the wrong spot and sadly thousands die as a result.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by 05997S
My bad should have consulted my 16yo before I posted. Put the 2 in the wrong spot and sadly thousands die as a result.

maybe you should consult your 16yr old on what dihydrogen monoxide is.

sarcasm pwned you.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:40 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Byronmaui
Ok let me get this straight drag radials, wheelie bars, slicks, gutted (bello) porsches are acceptable but Nitrous is not? He broke the 9s and to me that is impressive. I don't race or have ever raced but I find some of the arguments as being ***** envy and nothing more.

Aloha

Byron

P.S. Markski this is not directed at you. I highly respect you FWIW.
FYI, Bello's 964 had a full interior when it was running low 9's in IDRC.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mclaren55
I never said you "added" a twin turbo setup to your 996. I stated that you have a power adder, and nitrous is also a power adder. Pull your head out of your ***. And yes, I would like to see you setup a 2 stage nitrous system, since a monkey can do it. Oh yea, and I'm love the fast and the furious movie series, I mean I won two pro street championships, but those were the basis for me building my multiple race cars. Honestly, you are one of the most arrogant and ignorant people I have ever encountered. Have a nice day.
Perhaps your 22 year old mind just doesn't comprehend what I said. If you think for one minute that a car DESIGNED to be turbocharged or supercharged is the same as any run of the mill car with a nitrous bottle hooked to it are one in the same you are ****ing delusional.

I said anybody could hook a bottle to their car (not doing it themself). I said what skill does it take to PUSH the button to activate it. A MONKEY could do that. Reading comprehension son. I suggest you give it a try.

Once again running nitrous on a modern day car screams ricer, especially on one like a Corvette or Porsche. So you going to put spray on the GT3 you have on order? That would be the ultimate denigration to a fabulous car. But hey, if thats your desire, spray away!!!

Old 04-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by ZLP
FYI, Bello's 964 had a full interior when it was running low 9's in IDRC.
I learn something new today. Thank you and Mahalo.

Byron

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 in the 9's......