996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

C6 Z06 in the 9's......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by amerlemans
Perhaps your 22 year old mind just doesn't comprehend what I said. If you think for one minute that a car DESIGNED to be turbocharged or supercharged is the same as any run of the mill car with a nitrous bottle hooked to it are one in the same you are ****ing delusional.

I said anybody could hook a bottle to their car (not doing it themself). I said what skill does it take to PUSH the button to activate it. A MONKEY could do that. Reading comprehension son. I suggest you give it a try.

Once again running nitrous on a modern day car screams ricer, especially on one like a Corvette or Porsche. So you going to put spray on the GT3 you have on order? That would be the ultimate denigration to a fabulous car. But hey, if thats your desire, spray away!!!
Hurry abandon ship its sinking and the sharks will soon be in a feeding frenzy.

Aloha

Byron

Old 04-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Let's bring it down a notch, guys. I like this thread and don't want to have to close it. Thanks.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:42 PM
TTony is infamous around these partsTTony is infamous around these parts
FWIW, a boost of power in a fighter jet is quite apripot (sp?) in combat. What use is it in a modern day car?
I think it helps in 1/4 mile times.

This is an interesting discussion that has been played out many times on the internet (and even before the internet believe it or not...). This is why at most drag racing sanctioned events there is a power adder class that includes SC, turbo's, and nitrous. Each are different yet are fundamentally the same (to add power to an N/A engine). I keep hearing people mention, "I can just throw nitrous on my... and I'll be running 9's also". Not quite that easy. There's a reason why people are trapping 140+mph and not getting to that ET. It's called traction and the ability to hold the drivetrain (CV joints, driveshaft, pistons, clutch, etc.) together under that much stress. One of the most impressive things about that C6Z06 run was the 60' time. When I saw that, I went !

I am impressed with his time and with the C6Z06 overall. Would I buy one? Probably not. I still respect them for what they can do though.

Old 04-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
Perhaps your 22 year old mind just doesn't comprehend what I said. If you think for one minute that a car DESIGNED to be turbocharged or supercharged is the same as any run of the mill car with a nitrous bottle hooked to it are one in the same you are ****ing delusional.

I said anybody could hook a bottle to their car (not doing it themself). I said what skill does it take to PUSH the button to activate it. A MONKEY could do that. Reading comprehension son. I suggest you give it a try.

Once again running nitrous on a modern day car screams ricer, especially on one like a Corvette or Porsche. So you going to put spray on the GT3 you have on order? That would be the ultimate denigration to a fabulous car. But hey, if thats your desire, spray away!!!
You are ignorant and have a bad attitude. You've got no idea how much engineering goes into making nitrous work for the drag strip (especially on a turbo car). You have no experience with nitrous and yet you're an internet expert.

Sure everyone has their own opinion, it's just that yours is ignorant and abrasive.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:18 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Next thing we know, Luis will get a z06.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:19 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MiniDHinkle
Next thing we know, Luis will get a z06.
Gotta grow the mullet 1st MiniD.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:59 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Gotta grow the mullet 1st MiniD.
Good choice Lu, mines growing in as we speak, going for this look