996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GIAC ECU Reflash - A few questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 09:45 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I think as far as "Porsche-Tax" goes there is some things that are a little over done. Though I believe the tune is about right for the amount of work that goes into all of it. Most people do not realize that the amount of work put into most tunes for a car like these requires a lot of work. Have most people ever looked at how much tuning cost for a car with a BigStuff 3, FAST, Motec, Electramotive, etc..

Like exhaust though I do kinda agree it is well a little over priced. The exhaust on a Vette, Viper, etc have just as many if not more bends. Like Corsa they have some of the loudest exhaust and no drone. Not many of the exhaust here can even offer that and the Corsa is half the price. Though the Porsche performance world is not as big of a market so the price can be whatever someone wants it to be. Turbo prices are about the same as you would expect for any car. Just like most of the other parts.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ace996
I just can't believe the costs for a "flash"...a dyno/road tune, yes I understand will be more money and is worth the expense.
Be good,
TomK
Most of the tuners have a license and or buy the program individually for a specific car... liek urs for example... so if u buy a $2500 flash Im guessing they may be making 40% of that... not the full amount. If you think this is expensive try a Ferrari or Lambo ecu flashes... its more like $5K a flash.
I have two retail stores... I make about 30 to 40% margin... Im not the RED CROSS and neither are porsche tuners...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 04-09-2007 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:50 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Stephen has very valid points!!

ANYONE with any business sense knows that you cannot expect people to
develop things for narrow margins and stay in business.
Stephen is sometimes higher (not usually) on products, but has alot of
service and knowledge to back it up.

Good luck at finding what you are looking for.

MK

Old 04-09-2007, 10:02 PM
MGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to behold
Porsche Tax…..you want to see TAX, come live in Australia. Porsche Australia charge approx double the prices you get OEM parts for !!! I will gladly pay USA based pricing.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:24 AM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
Say just the ECU upgrade - NO other mods (besides DV's) would this be worth it? What kind of power increase would be expected?

Old 04-10-2007, 09:22 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to allMrBlonde is a name known to all
The market sets the fair price .. and people are entitled to make as much profit (or loss) as the market will bear.

Those who aren't in business for themselves should quit whining and .. if it's so easy .. go make a million by undercutting the establishment. Or else shut up ;-)

Old 04-10-2007, 10:42 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
EXACTLY!

If you think you can do it for so much less start your own company and with your LOW prices you will make a killing!

Old 04-10-2007, 01:34 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
don't *****, call around. i got my flash with a nice discount.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:39 PM
ze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really nice
At 1999, a GIAC flash seemed to make some sense, but the K24 premium really feels like a rip-off, can hardly believe that the K24 map took 50% more effort to develop, or that demand is that much lower.
I guess the market must be thin, otherwise there would be more competition out there.

This said, nobody forces anyone to flash his/her car.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:54 PM
drewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura aboutdrewTT has a spectacular aura about
what makes it even weirder is that GIAC only charges $595 to flash the twin turbo s4

Old 04-10-2007, 02:59 PM
ze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really niceze_shark is just really nice
Guess that at 1999, let alone 2999, they would not have many customers, would they ? That's must be the P-factor.
Good thing that Ferrari and Lambo don't do turbocharged engines nowadays, flashing an ECU would probably fetch 5 figures ;-)

Old 04-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drewTT
what makes it even weirder is that GIAC only charges $595 to flash the twin turbo s4
There is no Twin turbo 4S. You mean a NA 4s....
Giac needs to make money and so do the GIAC distributors/dealers... like in anything else... There are other options.... some cheaper and some more expensive.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-10-2007, 03:05 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Well there are just a tad more Audis running around than Porsche X50s. Not to mention they are not even close to the same Motronic version. The Audi is not even in the same league.

Old 04-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
There is no Twin turbo 4S. You mean a NA 4s....
Giac needs to make money and so do the GIAC distributors/dealers... like in anything else... There are other options.... some cheaper and some more expensive.
audi s4...

Old 04-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
I kick myself because when I was looking at cars I almost bought an E55 but it had sold. Instead of waiting I figured man the Turbos have to be easy to mod.. I mean its a turbo car. Disconnect the ECM's boost controller, install MBC and call it a day just like the EVO/STI/etc.. lol. Boy was I wrong Now that $400 pulley sounds so much better

But atleast this car is a lot more fun to drive then a 4 door cruiser.

I do agree though this is a buisness and people are not here to lose money. In the computer industry we don't try to just give away hardware at cost.. Though as my dad has always told me.. You don't pay retail for anything, just have to know the right people

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC ECU Reflash - A few questions