996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tuning my 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 12:53 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vishnu Tuning
What Vishnu WRX stories?

-shiv
The first step to recovery is admitting there was a problem Shiv Cleanse yourself, you'll feel SO much better!

Old 04-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Former Vendor
Vishnu Tuning is infamous around these parts
What are you talking about? I don't recall ever having a problem with our WRX packages. Or are you referring to individual car problems? While I don't know of any off the top of my head, do you think it is reasonable to have a few problem cars considering the few thousand kits that have been installed in the last 5 years? We're not talking low volume cars here.

If you want to discuss any cars in particular, that's fine. Just ask. Don't insinuate. But perhaps we can start another thread for that. One that lays your motives clearly out on the table. Because based upon what you are contributing here, I think I know what you are trying to do and why you are trying to do it. And that is cool. I'm actually flattered.

And hello to the other tuners that are currently viewing this thread so intently.

-shiv

edit.. hey, where did you guys go?? lol

Last edited by Vishnu Tuning; 04-13-2007 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:55 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Shiv, I had noticed a thread on Rennlist about your tuning where you asked about the max MAF voltages and whether it was 12V or 5V. It would seem to me the most basic bit of info needed to tune these cars could arguably be the max MAF voltage. Are you saying that you DONT know what the max voltage of the MAF is? If you need to ask that question I am skeptical of your tuning claims. Kevin

Last edited by KPG; 04-13-2007 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
He is simply confirming his experimental data, which was surprising
because he was detecting the stock MAF being maxed out with a
stock motor. This is part of his basic research that seems to indicate
good general expertise. Note that this experimentation is before a
product is being offered. You have to examine Shiv's prior experience
to determine for yourself how long it might take before he gets turbo
car XYZ dialed in correctly after he has already dialed in car ABC, DEF,
and MNO etc. and made commercially successful kits for them...
On the contrary, it seems that the MAF overloading issue was
discovered only long after most of the other 996tt tuning options
were offered, and there is yet to be an off-the-shelf fix for it.
For all we know Shiv might have one before Evo makes theirs
generally available.
Joe

Old 04-13-2007, 04:36 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Joe, you bring up a great point about the MAf and its limitations .. the only reason I asked is because it did seem like he was asking for the MAF voltage limit, and that is a basic fact to tuning these cars. Yes, others have not got it right either. From Rennlist:

Hi guys,
Quick question: What is the upper voltage limit on the factroy MAF sensor on a 996tt. Is it 5v? Or is it 12v? IIRC, the modded 993tt i've tested went over 5v under heavy load. I have not been able to see anything over 5v with our car, suggesting that max value is indeed 5v. But our car is running stock turbos so I can't be sure. Further confusing matters is that there is both a 5v and a 12v wire going into the MAF sensor. Perhaps the 12v is for the MAF and the 5v for the IAT? Just guessing here....

Old 04-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Joe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to beholdJoe Weinstein is a splendid one to behold
Yep, but I don't see that as negative. *My* job involves diagnosing
database problems that manifest themselves through our customer's
use of our product which can use any database. As such I have to
know a lot in some specific areas of lots of databases, and I have
many years of experience about how our product interacts with
DBMSes. When a new DBMS shows up with a problem, I sometimes
have to first ask some seemingly kindergarten-level questions about
the particular database, to familiarize myself with the areas I need
to know about, but once I know those issues, I am sometimes fairly
soon having emails with the database manufacturer (oracle, Microsoft
etc) showing them complicated transactional bugs in their product
that may have been latent and dangerous for years. I'll bet Shiv is in
the same sort of process.

Joe

Old 04-13-2007, 05:38 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Hey i know... the next time someone innocently comes in here offering a new product for cars on the forum, we should automatically start bashing the hell out of them and calling bull****. Even though they are nothing more than unsubstatiated opinions.

I don't speak up very often, but this thread is exactly whats wrong with this community. Vishnu is a reputable and quality company. Its not like "Bobs Mad Tuningz Company" is posting up this information. Do a search on any of the car forums that they currently offer product lines for. But there is no reason to start these rediculous bashing wars. Its uncalled for and immature.

Lets give the guy a little credit. He got a 996tt, wanted to say hi, and tell us about a possible new tuning package. PERIOD.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:44 PM
KPG
If you are referring to me... it was not bashing ,but a legitimate question. The MAF is the tuning foundation of these cars.Intimate knowlege of how it works isnt an option,but a necessity. Joe made a great response and added insight from his chosen profession concerning basic questions. I have no opinion of Shiv either way other than his own posts, and I was concerned about one of them...nothing more. Kevin

Old 04-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by KPG
Shiv, I had noticed a thread on Rennlist about your tuning where you asked about the max MAF voltages and whether it was 12V or 5V. It would seem to me the most basic bit of info needed to tune these cars could arguably be the max MAF voltage. Are you saying that you DONT know what the max voltage of the MAF is? If you need to ask that question I am skeptical of your tuning claims. Kevin
Hi Kevin,
I've never been afraid to provide info. Likewise, I've never been afraid to ask for info. Especially when its for confirmation purposes as in the case of the MAF question which I would have asked here if it wasn't for the general atitude of a few frequent poster, who seem more interested in talking themselves up than helping others.

What's the point in pretended to know everything? If there is something that I am uncertain about, I will ask questions. Wouldn't you rather cover your bases early than go back once you realize that all the work you did was based upon incomplete or inaccurate info? You can be perfectly skeptical of my tuning claims. That's fine. Let's talk in 6 months. I would be more skeptical of people who don't give or ask for information as they are people who are afraid to display how little they actually know.

If you want to know more about our company, what we've done, and what we are working on, do a google search. Or just check out this past weekend's 12HR Bathurst race which marked the professional motorsports debut of our PROcede computer (see how the BMW 335is did). Surely this should provide a better picture than the conclusion you came to based upon a question I had with respect to an odd MAF voltage reading.

Cheers,
shiv

PS. And yes, we already have a solution for the MAF problem. How some of the tuners have been using the factory MAF and housing to support big hp applications is beyond me. It's like using a 2bar map sensor to support 20psi of boost.

Last edited by Vishnu Tuning; 04-13-2007 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:55 PM
KPG

What's the point in pretended to know everything? If there is something that I am uncertain about, I will ask questions. Wouldn't you rather cover your bases early than go back once you realize that all the work you did was based upon incomplete or inaccurate info? You can be perfectly skeptical of my tuning claims. That's fine. Let's talk in 6 months. I would be more skeptical of people who don't give or ask for information as they are people who are afraid to display how little they actually know.
Agreed, good points. Kevin

Old 04-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech-Law is infamous around these parts
As a longtime Rennlister but a new member to the 6speed community I welcome a new approach to porsche tuning.

Good luck Shiv.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:57 PM
KPG

PS. And yes, we already have a solution for the MAF problem. How some of the tuners have been using the factory MAF and housing to support big hp applications is beyond me. It's like using a 2bar map sensor to support 20psi of boost.
Missed the PS...The MAF is the key in high HP applications

Old 04-13-2007, 06:10 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by daedalus
Hey i know... the next time someone innocently comes in here offering a new product for cars on the forum, we should automatically start bashing the hell out of them and calling bull****. Even though they are nothing more than unsubstatiated opinions.

I don't speak up very often, but this thread is exactly whats wrong with this community. Vishnu is a reputable and quality company. Its not like "Bobs Mad Tuningz Company" is posting up this information. Do a search on any of the car forums that they currently offer product lines for. But there is no reason to start these rediculous bashing wars. Its uncalled for and immature.

Lets give the guy a little credit. He got a 996tt, wanted to say hi, and tell us about a possible new tuning package. PERIOD.
Actually, I would advise folks who don't know Shiv's reputation NOT to do an internet search...or they won't like what they see. I would advise them to wait for whatever Shiv comes out with and make their fresh, objective judgment.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Actually, I would advise folks who don't know Shiv's reputation NOT to do an internet search...or they won't like what they see. I would advise them to wait for whatever Shiv comes out with and make their fresh, objective judgment.
That's funny. I would advise them to do an internet search. Why do you insist on thinking for others? Don't waste what appears to be a limited resource.

Google searches:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...&q=shiv+pathak
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...=vishnu+tuning

Shiv

Last edited by Vishnu Tuning; 04-13-2007 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:49 PM
rafiki is infamous around these parts
Shiv is not trying to go out with anyone's daughter here......is he?

What has become obvious is that those that seek to bash Shiv are in effect insulting the intelligence of those that post and lurk on this Board.

Irrespective of what may or may not have occurred in the past in WRX circles, people here are not kids as Red C5 said, they are intelligent enough
to evaluate the credibility of newbie vendors.......and those that want to prevent that legitimate evaluation from taking place.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tuning my 996tt