996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Which Europipe exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 04:30 PM
yyzc4s is infamous around these parts
Which Europipe exhaust?

In the market for a new exhaust. I have decided to go with the Europipe exhaust, but not sure which one, Stg 2 Loud or Quiet?
How loud is the Loud exhaust?
I am looking for something louder than stock, but not too loud that I could not have a conversation in the car while cruising.
I'm sure the EP exhausts are drone free?

Thank you in advance for your comments / opinions.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Texas 996 TT is infamous around these parts
IMO - I would look for a a slightly used europipe exhaust. You can't go with either one. In the event the quite is too reserved, you can always sell your Europipe and get a stg 2 loud, , they are in such high demand, you wont lose much $$ in the event you need to sell one.

I just bought the stage 2 quite, and will be picking up my car later this week. I hope I can tell somewhat of a sound and performance difference for the price $$...

Old 04-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
I can easily have a conversation in the car with a Europipe XXL. I used to own the EP2L. You will have no problems meeting the "discussion criteria" with the EP2L.

Old 04-11-2007, 05:19 PM
nash is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Texas 996 TT
I just bought the stage 2 quite, and will be picking up my car later this week. I hope I can tell somewhat of a sound and performance difference for the price $$...
You will love it!

Old 04-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nash
You will love it!
I second that! it is by far one of the best mods I did! GL

Suman

Old 04-11-2007, 06:40 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zippy
I can easily have a conversation in the car with a Europipe XXL. I used to own the EP2L

So there is a Europipe extra extra Loud, and also a Europipe 2 Loud?

I'm guessing the "XXL" = extra extra loud.... never heard of this before....

Old 04-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
xxl is out of production they were one off prototypes from what I hear!

Old 04-11-2007, 06:48 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! that is awesome.... i wonder if they sounded better than the already popular EP2L?

damn I wanna hear that now! I think i've made my mind on getting a EP2L as well.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:12 PM
911speed is infamous around these parts
I spoke to Stef the other day at Europipe. He suggested to go with Stage 1 - not Stage II Quiet or Loud. Reasoning being that without X50 the Stage 1 sounds better and is even more quiet until you press on it. Said that if you are not upgrading your Turbos - he would recommend the Stage 1. I was pretty sure I was going to either stage II Quiet or Loud - now I am totally confused. Any feedback here on Stage 1 europipe? He knew I had headers and a Giac chip - but still recommended Stage 1. The fact that is is cheaper seemed to be just a bonus

Old 04-11-2007, 09:45 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Stage 2 is better flow...ultimately better hp with other mods. Go stage 2!

Old 04-11-2007, 09:53 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
EP II Loud is pretty tough to beat...I miss that cold start...

Old 04-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
If you have a GIAC/EVO Stage 2 file, for example, I believe the file was written using the Fabspeed SPORT (very free flowing). Hence, in trying to buy n exhaust that wi best mtch the tuning software, you woud be best erved buying n exhut that flows as close as possible to the Fbspeed. In Europipe's lineup, that would be a stage 2. I may be totally out to lunch, but that's how I played my cards when I first bought the Stage 2 Loud.

PS Stage 1 is for girls.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:04 AM
ebaker is infamous around these parts
I bought a used Stage 2 quiet and it was louder than I expected. I think they get louder with age.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:23 AM
nash is infamous around these parts
It is my understanding that the Quiet and Loud really only differ in the higher RPMs... in other words, the Loud *really* screams at WOT high RPM, while the Quiet screams a bit less

Based on their website videos, it's really hard to tell the difference. I personally love the Quiet. It is by no means too quiet, nor is it race car loud. Either way, I would definitely get the Stage II, not the Stage I.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:02 AM
^ I've never heard the quite, but my 2 year old EP2L burbled like a rabid dog at low RPM with those GT28 turbos. Do you think the quite would do this? I wouldn't think so.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which Europipe exhaust?