996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Special Sale - Trim Rings!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 02:39 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Special Sale - Trim Rings!!!

6SpeedOnline members.....for THREE DAYS ONLY we are placing our OEM Aluminum Trim Rings on sale.

Standard price: $145.95/set

Special Sale: $129.95/set

Limited to first 40 customers, today through Thursday.

Order directly at the site

Thank you!

Old 03-22-2004, 03:49 PM
Banned
deeroff is infamous around these parts
I note that you do painted bumperettes too. Do you ship with a core deposit and then refund pending reciept of the exchange bumperettes. I have a new 996TT Artic Silver due in and I would love to have them day one.

Thanks.

Old 03-22-2004, 05:43 PM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
the trims rings are gorgeous. it makes the dash so C-GT

Old 03-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Eric is that good for a set in yellow?

Old 03-22-2004, 07:41 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Straight brushed aluminum, not painted. Sorry.

Old 03-22-2004, 07:48 PM
limitup has a spectacular aura aboutlimitup has a spectacular aura about
Never even thought of painted ones before. Hmm, I wonder how red rings would look with my red deviated stitching, red belts, etc. Has anyone ever done this in red or other colors?

Old 03-23-2004, 12:53 AM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by limitup
Never even thought of painted ones before. Hmm, I wonder how red rings would look with my red deviated stitching, red belts, etc. Has anyone ever done this in red or other colors?
How do those trim rings look with aluminum dials? How about with alum dials and alum gauge surrround, too much?

Lou

Old 03-23-2004, 01:05 AM
msindi is infamous around these parts
Lou...I bought a set from Eric but then sold them just because of that: too much alu since I have alu gauge surround and alu dials

Old 03-23-2004, 07:05 AM
Former Vendor
Originally posted by deeroff
I note that you do painted bumperettes too. Do you ship with a core deposit and then refund pending reciept of the exchange bumperettes. I have a new 996TT Artic Silver due in and I would love to have them day one.

Thanks.
Yes, we do the core exchange all the time. Best way to handle this is to order online at BumperPlugs.com, then we can let you know where in the production schedule you will fall. We can also obtain an extra set for you, paint them, and you will have two sets if you like.

Email me directly at eric@bumperplugs.com anytime.

Thanks!

Old 03-23-2004, 07:06 AM
Former Vendor
Originally posted by LSM
How do those trim rings look with aluminum dials? How about with alum dials and alum gauge surrround, too much?

Lou

The gauge faces in aluminum look white. The trim rings are brushed aluminum. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's personal taste.

Old 03-23-2004, 10:53 AM
Jack(LA) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by LSM
How do those trim rings look with aluminum dials?
Lou
Lou --here's a comparison set of photos, just for you.

Old 03-23-2004, 11:21 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Jack has always had REALLY good taste when it comes to dressing up his cars so I would have to go with him on this one. The rings with the white gauges looks sweet...

Old 03-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Carolina Speed
james is infamous around these parts
I think the aluminum looks best with black gauges and black or CF dash. Light gauge faces aren't accented well with aluminum. The aluminum outlines the gauges so your eyes find them instantly. If it is too busy or too many light colors, the effect is lost.

Old 03-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Former Vendor
James I would agree, but the pic above does show a nice enough contrast that I think it works. Maybe dark interiors do it justice.

Old 03-24-2004, 02:30 PM
Paul S-in TX is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
The gauge faces in aluminum look white. The trim rings are brushed aluminum. I wouldn't recommend it, but it's personal taste.
Agree it's personal taste, but it works for me and my black interior, aluminum guages and all. Very similar to the Boxster S, in fact.