996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT700 options for more horsepower?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:36 PM
DMK
Banned
DMK has a spectacular aura aboutDMK has a spectacular aura about
Good to hear we don't. back to the topic... I guess the problem is we are speed freaks and don't really have a clear answer how to get to where we want to be!

Old 04-21-2007, 09:38 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Craig
Mark,

You make some excellent points. I hope you understand that I was never intending to take anything away from your amazing car!!!

BTW, neither Joe’s car, nor mine, are standard GT800s (nor is EVOMS’ car). Interestingly, Joe’s car makes more HP than EVOMS’ shop car (so does mine). Yet, EVOMS’ shop car is faster. Why? It has been lightened considerably (not unlike your car). That goes to show just how important a role weight plays in performance stats. You got down to 3020 lbs . . . that’s incredible!!!

I am not sure where you get the impression that Joe and I have kept our mods secretive. I have disclosed every detail of my car. All you have to do is click on the mod list in my sig, and it is all there in black and white. Joe has been similarly open about what he has done (our cars are very similar). Nothing secretive here.

I agree with your bottom line conclusion: There are simply far too many variables to make meaningful comparisons. Nevertheless, I will continue to observe that, regardless of apples and oranges, your car is awesome!

Craig
Please explain the L&E article which stated that EVOM's car made 890rwhp. Does your or Joe's car top that number?

Old 04-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Is it possible to keep Craig's Friday night attire out of this post ...lol..Kevin
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Damn...you beat me to it.
You guys forgot to mention that you discovered my "Friday night attire" when you both simultaneously tried to pick me up at a transvestite bar, just before you both got on stage for your La Cage Aux Folles show. All I ask is that you keep the photos confidential.

Craig

Old 04-21-2007, 09:44 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
You guys forgot to mention that you discovered my "Friday night attire" when you both simultaneously tried to pick me up at a transvestite bar, just before you both got on stage for your La Cage Aux Folles show. All I ask is that you keep the photos confidential.

Craig
Ummmm Craig...that was purely business and as such qualifies for all the protections of the attorney client confidentiality agreement.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jags911tt
Please explain the L&E article which stated that EVOM's car made 890rwhp. Does your or Joe's car top that number?
First, I have no knowledge regarding that article, nor the source of the HP number you quote from the article, nor if it is accurate, nor how or when it was measured (nor anything else for that matter). I do know that EVOMS has experimented with many different set-ups and tunes on their shop car, and they may well have cranked up the boost and timing at some point for ****s and giggles. I have no idea. Equally important, I have no idea if they ever ran the car at the track using such a tune, if such a tune was ever in fact tried. As usual, I am cluseless!!! I am informed that their recorded 1/4 mile stats were produced with considerably less HP. In fact, Joe was present when EVOMS dynoed their shop car, just before taking it to the track, and he can confirm that it was not putting down 890 RWHP.

Second, keep in mind that EVOMS previously used a two wheel dyno. If 890 RWHP was in fact achieved, it was most certainly on their old dyno. They now use a MUCH more conservative all wheel dyno, that produces MUCH lower numbers for the same cars. I have heard of cars producing 10% lower numbers on the new all-wheel dyno, as comparsed to the old dyno.

Lastly, neither Joe nor I currently have RWD dyno numbers for our cars. Moreover, I am confident that my car does not currently produce enough FWHP to generate 890 HP on any dyno. To the contrary, I am around that figure at the fly wheel, not the wheels.

Craig

Old 04-21-2007, 09:52 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TKDalumni
So back to the original poster....what are you going to do Buddy?
Probably nothing right now just checking my options. If I did anything I would wait until Winter.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by DMK
Good to hear we don't. back to the topic... I guess the problem is we are speed freaks and don't really have a clear answer how to get to where we want to be!
Ain't that a *****!!!!

Craig

Old 04-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by buddyg
Probably nothing right now just checking my options. If I did anything I would wait until Winter.
Good idea. Drive the **** out of it while the weather is good!

Craig

Old 04-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
Ummmm Craig...that was purely business and as such qualifies for all the protections of the attorney client confidentiality agreement.
Lol!!! I will not tell a soul.

BTW, when can I expect to receive my retainer check?

Craig

Old 04-21-2007, 10:12 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
We all know that if we wanted ultimate horsepower we should be tuning Supra's or Viper's. So the question then becomes what is the most horsepower you can achieve while still keeping the tt streetable with A/C, power everything, stereo, for me AWD, etc...

If I had unlimited funds I would think a 4.0 liter motor with very massaged heads would allow a larger turbo without as much lag (GT40?). That to me would be pretty cool. I just don't have the funds to do that.

As you have all said the 700 hp packages from Evoms, Proto and possible UMW seem to be the top power without too many extra dollars/issues to overcome.

I would love to drive one of your higher hp cars to see if I could live with the lag and drivability. I don't think I would like it, based on my old setup using the Garrett T04 which had quite a bit more lag than my current GT700 setup.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Markski are you going to take one more shot at making the 9's? I hope so, even though I know it is a pain and you want to be done with it. I want someone to show us a video of a 996 tt in the 9's!

Old 04-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by buddyg
Markski are you going to take one more shot at making the 9's? I hope so, even though I know it is a pain and you want to be done with it. I want someone to show us a video of a 996 tt in the 9's!
Yes... hopefully we have the axles sorted out... Im going to Todds monday or tuesday with the car... I'll do the plugs and other minor adjustments. Todd has to make sure the suspension is Ok with these new axles. Then Ill go back to tulsa and drop the car off. Unfortunately I'm not at the track when this goes down because it's over the weekend and I work. Bobby drove my car twice and todd showed up once. Todd ran 10.2 and bobby 10.1 that one day...
we had 2 runs and the axles broke. So no I didnt get to even drive the car at the strip. We had a total of 5 runs down the track over the course of 3 track days.. thats it. The only reason we are doing it there is because they will let us run without all the roll cage restrictions. I doubt I will run more then once here in Chicago b4 I get booted.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Mark,

You make some excellent points. I hope you understand that I was never intending to take anything away from your amazing car!!!

BTW, neither Joe’s car, nor mine, are standard GT800s (nor is EVOMS’ car). Interestingly, Joe’s car makes more HP than EVOMS’ shop car (so does mine). Yet, EVOMS’ shop car is faster. Why? It has been lightened considerably (not unlike your car). That goes to show just how important a role weight plays in performance stats. You got down to 3020 lbs . . . that’s incredible!!!

I am not sure where you get the impression that Joe and I have kept our mods secretive.

I agree with your bottom line conclusion: There are simply far too many variables to make meaningful comparisons. Nevertheless, I will continue to observe that, regardless of apples and oranges, your car is awesome!

Craig
I didn't say anything about your car.... I meant Joe's and Todd's. We don't know what todd's car put down nor Joe's car. So they could be putting down a lot more then we think. They probably are
My weight is still questionable... but its bugging me so I have get to the bottom of it.
But then to be fair, we had 54 degree temps compared to that of AZ weather... and that counts too... So all in all all of the car discussed are very fast PERIOD.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-21-2007, 10:48 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
I hope one day to join this elite group of supercars...one day

Old 04-21-2007, 11:29 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
I didn't say anything about your car.... I meant Joe's and Todd's. We don't know what todd's car put down nor Joe's car. So they could be putting down a lot more then we think. They probably are
My weight is still questionable... but its bugging me so I have get to the bottom of it.
But then to be fair, we had 54 degree temps compared to that of AZ weather... and that counts too... So all in all all of the car discussed are very fast PERIOD.
markski
No secret Mark,all you had to do was ask.....715 awhp 700awtq(when it ran 140+)....it has made 760 rwhp(when it ran 137...in the begining of the build and was never dynoed again in RWD because Evoms switched to an AWD dyno).......I believe I mentioned this before,sorry I don't have the graph handy but Todd Z has them on his computer.I encourage him to post them if he likes.Also I believe LUIS993 and Sonny (sy996)can verify as they were present when the car made 715AWHP the night before the March 3 drag day.I am in no way putting down your car or its amazing #'s,just trying to make a point that after the magical 700 hp # these cars get expensive to make more power.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.