996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT700 options for more horsepower?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:19 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Chad,
I actually can get the gt35rs at $1350 each. The fuel system is very similar to my Evos system except Im on a simple big pump. The lines are expensive along with the fittings.
As far as the cage, I rather not run around here in Chicago with a cage anyways... the Cops just give u a real hard time. I just want to make a few runs with Bobby and be done once and for all. The axles are on the way Im expecting to go any day. Unfortunately I always have to be back for the weekend due to my job. I should know more about ur axles tomorrow- Bobby is calling Frank(DSS) Monday...
mark

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 04-23-2007, 10:25 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
This information has been great.... it would be niche to have all the top guns meet one day.. everyone should come to TX2K8!!! I hope to have my GT800 kit soon... for those interested this is what i have thus far
1. Revised heads
2. EVOMS engine build (curtesy of Imagine Auto)
3. Speed Gallery Y pipe
4. Aeromotive fuel system
5. EVOMS turbo induction
5. EVOMS Hitachi MAF
6. EVOMS Intercoolers
7. 76mm TB
8. Y Plenium
there is so much more... so I think I will be hooking up with EVOMS to finish my kit
Robert
1) Revised heads What are the head flow rates? Are they rated at 25 or 28 psi?
3) Speed Gallery Y pipe? Again what is the flow rate?
4) Aeromotive fuel system? What the the delivery rate ....... pounds per hour.

Not being a smart a$$, but the heads are probably your limiting factor. If you know the flow rate you will know maximum obtainable hp. Your Y pipe should be sized to properly supply your heads. Whatever your hp, there is a formula that will tell you exactly how much fuel will be required for the air flow your heads will deliver. From there the turbo choice is easy or if you don't properly size you may have too much or too little turbo.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:30 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
Chad,
I actually can get the gt35rs at $1350 each. The fuel system is very similar to my Evos system except Im on a simple big pump. The lines are expensive along with the fittings.
As far as the cage, I rather not run around here in Chicago with a cage anyways... the Cops just give u a real hard time. I just want to make a few runs with Bobby and be done once and for all. The axles are on the way Im expecting to go any day. Unfortunately I always have to be back for the weekend due to my job. I should know more about ur axles tomorrow- Bobby is calling Frank(DSS) Monday...
mark
mark,

I am not suggesting a cage. Are you running a roll bar? If so and it is properly built and attached all you have to add is removable door bars. About 16 minutes to install or remove and you can't tell when they are removed. When installed it becomes a little harder to get in and out.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:31 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
1) Revised heads What are the head flow rates? Are they rated at 25 or 28 psi?
3) Speed Gallery Y pipe? Again what is the flow rate?
4) Aeromotive fuel system? What the the delivery rate ....... pounds per hour.

Not being a smart a$$, but the heads are probably your limiting factor. If you know the flow rate you will know maximum obtainable hp. Your Y pipe should be sized to properly supply your heads. Whatever your hp, there is a formula that will tell you exactly how much fuel will be required for the air flow your heads will deliver. From there the turbo choice is easy or if you don't properly size you may have too much or too little turbo.
How many people actually know their flow rates? Kevin

Old 04-23-2007, 10:38 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by KPG
How many people actually know their flow rates? Kevin
Well Kevin ............... I do. I also know stock flow rates. Improperly ported heads can actually deliver less power. Why would anyone buying ported heads buy a pig in the polk? People would be spending alot of money (porting) with no idea what they are getting? People should know exactly what they are buying or they could be just getting kissed in the dark.

But back to your question, most people don't know. This is something I simply don't understand. People are spending alot of their hard earned money. Shouldn't they know what they are getting?

Last edited by cjv; 04-23-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:39 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
As far as the cage, I rather not run around here in Chicago with a cage anyways... the Cops just give u a real hard time.
Mark, here is a quick reference to my local tracks rules. I think you could make it legal for 9.99 and slower very easily. I asked about the bar/cage and they said if it doesnt specify a 6pt a 4pt bolt in will be fine... Kevin
http://milandragway.com/test/rules.htm

Old 04-23-2007, 10:42 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by cjv
Well Kevin ............... I do. I also know stock flow rates. Improperly ported heads can actually deliver less power. Why would anyone buying ported heads buy a pig in the polk? People would be spending alot of money (porting) with no idea what they are getting?
I know you do ...I agree 100% with your statement. Big heads are not necessarily the answer. We have our flow numbers and all the porting was done with velocity in mind... not outright CFM's. Going for the peak CFM's just gives away the bottom and midrange...If you arent going to flow the heads, dont bother even porting them IMO. Porting heads without flowing them is like tuning without AFR's, you are blind.Kevin

Last edited by KPG; 04-23-2007 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:57 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by KPG
I know you do ...I agree 100% with your statement. Big heads are not necessarily the answer. We have our flow numbers and all the porting was done with velocity in mind... not outright CFM's. Going for the peak CFM's just gives away the bottom and midrange...If you arent going to flow the heads, dont bother even porting them IMO. Kevin
kevin,

I don't make a point of selling snow to eskimo's, preaching to the choir or selling sand in the desert to an arab. You and I both know you have a specific rpm range where you can develop power. It may be 2800 to 7000 or it may be 4000 to 8500. It isn't going to be 2800 to 8500. The velocity also has alot to do with the valve size chosen. And then let's not forget to match all the above with the cam specs (range).

I just get a chuckle when people say ported heads or for that matter GT28, GT35, K24, K16 or whatever. It's not really providing much information. I can remember one person once adding the hp each part on his motor was suppose to produce. His math was correct but he didn't know the hp limit of his turbo's. In this particular case the sum of the parts didn't equal the whole.

Last edited by cjv; 04-23-2007 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:02 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by cjv
kevin,

I don't make a point of selling snow to eskimo's. You and I both know you have a specific rpm range where you can develop power. It may be 2800 to 7000 or it may be 4000 to 8500. It isn't going to be 2800 to 8500. The velocity also has alot to do with the valve size chosen. And then let's not forget to match all the above with the cam range.

I just get a chuckle when people say ported heads or for that matter GT28, GT35, K24, K16 or whatever. It's not really providing much information.
Funny that you mention cam range. We just made a decision to have our cam profiles custom engineered to our specific head flow characteristics and CFM's. We know our flow data and therefore can make a custom cam profile to match our goals. We looked at GT3 and RSR cams, but the cam profile for a high revving NA motor is way different than our needs for a turbo motor that will have a very solid lower and midrange punch. We dont care about chasing peak numbers. Kevin
BTW, I now have a healthy respect for the time needed to get the details right.

Last edited by KPG; 04-23-2007 at 11:04 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:13 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by KPG
Funny that you mention cam range. We just made a decision to have our cam profiles custom engineered to our specific head flow characteristics and CFM's. We know our flow data and therefore can make a custom cam profile to match our goals. We looked at GT3 and RSR cams, but the cam profile for a high revving NA motor is way different than our needs for a turbo motor that will have a very solid lower and midrange punch. We dont care about chasing peak numbers. Kevin
BTW, I now have a healthy respect for the time needed to get the details right.
Good idea. We just went through that. Are you working with the intake and the exhaust profiles? You are going to find the GT3, GT3 Cup and GT3RSR have a hugh amount of harmonic distortion which can be eliminated. In addition, the lifts will change some (one up the other down) but the turbo durations are different from those used with a NA motor.

Last edited by cjv; 04-23-2007 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:16 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by cjv
Good idea. We just went through that. Are you working with the intake and the exhaust profiles? You are going to find the GT3, GT3 Cup and GT3RSR have a hugh amount of harmonic distortion which can be eliminated.
We will cover the bases ... Kevin

Old 04-23-2007, 11:17 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by cjv
but the turbo durations are different from those used with a NA motor.
BINGO......

Old 04-23-2007, 11:18 PM
cjv
Originally Posted by KPG
We will cover the bases ... Kevin
Well bye for now. I just remembered what I promised not to do on other's treads.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:20 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by cjv
Well bye for now. I just remembered what I promised not to do on other's treads.
Oops, me too. Later

Old 04-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv

LOL that's funny.... Chad ur always a wealth of info no matter when where and what time...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.