996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just ran a Ninja ZX-7R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 02:17 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
In the VQ, 75 shot at most as dutchboy mentioned.. The VQ's under FI when i was big in the scene were not holding up, now its much better and people are running some nitrous setups.

Sean i'll send you all of the info i can find

Old 04-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Dutch,

Did SGP do your work?

They love the V-Pro (awesome engine managment) but prefer to install the Greddy turbo Kit. That was the route I was going w/ an engine build. But then I got the GT2.

Now I want a DD w/ some extra kick, hence the NOS. W/ the V-pro I have heard that a 100 shot is completely safe.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Dutchboy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Dutch,

Did SGP do your work?

They love the V-Pro (awesome engine managment) but prefer to install the Greddy turbo Kit. That was the route I was going w/ an engine build. But then I got the GT2.

Now I want a DD w/ some extra kick, hence the NOS. W/ the V-pro I have heard that a 100 shot is completely safe.
Nope, Forged Performance did all the work on my car. The VPro is amazing. My car starts/idles/drives like stock (but with 300 extra hp).

You may be correct about being able to run a 100 shot with the VPro as your EMS. When I originally looked into nitrous the VPro wasn't yet available, so it may be safer now with a much better EMS. SGP is a top notch place, and they definitely won't steer you wrong.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dutchboy
Nope, Forged Performance did all the work on my car. The VPro is amazing. My car starts/idles/drives like stock (but with 300 extra hp).

You may be correct about being able to run a 100 shot with the VPro as your EMS. When I originally looked into nitrous the VPro wasn't yet available, so it may be safer now with a much better EMS. SGP is a top notch place, and they definitely won't steer you wrong.
Dutch,

Have you ever taken your car to the dragstrip? I'm curious what a 500+ rwhp G35 will run. Thanks.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 04-20-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Dutch,

Have you ever taken your car to the dragstrip? I'm curious what a 500+ rwhp G35 will run. Thanks.
Not yet. I just got it back a little over 3 weeks ago, but I am also curious what it will run. Traction is pretty hard to come by until around 80mph, so it's going to be a wild ride on anything other than slicks. It "should" (<-I say that very lightly) run low 11's and trap in the mid to upper 120mph range. I did get a chance to do a 50-140 pull with a new GSXR-600, and I pulled on it pretty well above 90mph.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Not yet. I just got it back a little over 3 weeks ago, but I am also curious what it will run. Traction is pretty hard to come by until around 80mph, so it's going to be a wild ride on anything other than slicks. It "should" (<-I say that very lightly) run low 11's and trap in the mid to upper 120mph range. I did get a chance to do a 50-140 pull with a new GSXR-600, and I pulled on it pretty well above 90mph.
Slap on a set of BFG DOT Drag radials. No need for slicks. Drop them to 18 psi, heat them up real well, and let her rip. I hit 10.6 @ 136 with 580 rwhp..so I think your guess at low 11's at high 120's is right on the money. Your car sounds pretty sick.

Old 04-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Slap on a set of BFG DOT Drag radials. No need for slicks. Drop them to 18 psi, heat them up real well, and let her rip. I hit 10.6 @ 136 with 580 rwhp..so I think your guess at low 11's at high 120's is right on the money. Your car sounds pretty sick.
I hope DR's will be enough. I'm on stock axles, so I'd much rather make some passes on DR's as opposed to full slicks.

Thanks for the compliment, I've been a bit reluctant to post on a board with this caliber of cars. I feel slow . Your car looks amazing by the way.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:20 PM
I hope DR's will be enough. I'm on stock axles, so I'd much rather make some passes on DR's as opposed to full slicks.

Thanks for the compliment, I've been a bit reluctant to post on a board with this caliber of cars. I feel slow . Your car looks amazing by the way.
Most of us are true enthusiasts and like all fast cars. Don't feel reluctant at all.

Thanks for the props on my car. I haven't seen her in person for 6 months or so (she's been at my tuners getting some upgrades), so I'm very excited to get her back.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:23 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Dutchboy (I hope that is not your hairstyle)

Your G35 sounds killer fast.
You are in good company, we are only snobs to those that are posuers or
obnoxious. Welcome.

MK

Old 04-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Dutch,

Go over to my350Z.com there are about 150 posters there w/ setups similar to yours. G35 driver is also OK.

The V-Pro really is an AMAZING eng. man.....sometimes I wish I had it on my GT2. Actually, Tommy Bahn, a wizard w/ Supras, has talked about tuning a Porsche w/ the V-pro.....but someone else can be his guinea pig.

The VQ 3.5 doesn't match the Porsche 3.6 up top, but it has tremendous torque. W/ the right tires a mid 11 is not out of the question.

Old 04-21-2007, 06:58 AM
Divexxtreme - 6 months?! How serious are these modifications?

WOODSTER - The Dutchboy name is because my family is from the Netherlands, and many of my friends call me "Dirty Dutchie" (I had a little fun in college). Thanks for the welcome, this seems like a great group of enthusiasts.

Dr-jitsu - I spend most of my time on my350Z, and I am also a member on G35driver, but as you know, that site is a bit slow. Sorry to get a little off topic on your thread.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:26 AM
Divexxtreme - 6 months?! How serious are these modifications?
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=74560

Old 04-21-2007, 08:33 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Dboy,

I lived in GR for 1.5 years, may I guess you live in
Holland or New Zealand, MI on the lake??

Let's see pics of your car

MK

Old 04-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Dboy,

I lived in GR for 1.5 years, may I guess you live in
Holland or New Zealand, MI on the lake??

Let's see pics of your car

MK
I do live in Holland, and as you will probably guess, my last name starts with "Van" which is followed by a jumbled mess of 10 to 15 other letters that spell something that I can only pronounce when I am completely sober.

I will post some pics of my car when I get out of the office this afternoon.