996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Sample of Scargo Roll Bar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 03:51 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Thanks Tyson,

Appreciate you giving me a reality check.

Old 03-27-2004, 07:25 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by cjv
sharkster,

Here are some limited pics of that Yellow Turbo's Roll bar.

That was the one! I remember that.. and it had bumperettes too! Coulda been my car

Old 03-27-2004, 09:49 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
sharkster,

We're you looking to buy it back when?

Old 03-28-2004, 12:55 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Hamann7
You are incorrect.

The Tequipment bars and cages are FIA-approved and have been crash tested by the Factory, otherwise they would not be included in the Clubsport models.

The cage that I am looking at has been crash tested at 200mph in a 993. So I know it is of good design and construction quality.

I don't see how I was incorrect. I asked if porsche tested thiers. You can't deny that the majority of cages out there for NHRA, street cars, and a good amount of the silver state classic cars etc are not crash tested, but built to certain specs.

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 03-28-2004 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-28-2004, 08:35 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
Carl makes a great cage and continuously improves it based on what he learns from seeing cages react in ORR high speed crashes. for instnace his cages have a bar across under the steering wheel, ever since he observed broken legs and feet from foot box compression in high speed rollovers.

no other builder to my knowledge has the experience with practical cage success and failure in traumatic crashes. i would buy from no other.

no web site, they're on meade ave in LV, if you cant find the # in info, i'll dig it out

Old 03-28-2004, 08:37 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
you wouldn't trust the guy Roland has build his cages? You are telling me this guy has more experience w/ crashes then guys out there building pro street cars, etc? How many ORR crashes have happened, how many of them had his cages in them etc?

Carl may make an awesome cage and know his ****, i'm not taking anyting away from him, but so do a lot of others.

Old 03-28-2004, 09:27 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Why don't you ask Roland who he would ultimately recommend?

He recommends Carl above them ALL.

Get your facts straight.

Old 03-28-2004, 09:28 PM
Roland recommended me a guy, and he said he was fairly local, he never said anything about Las Vegas unless i'm mistaken, which I may be. But I'm still gonna say there are plenty others options out there that are on par w/ this guys work. He's not the only one out there building quality cages.

edit: going over my email he definately recommends a guy named Craig in Bellflower. Same guy that built his M5 cage.

I'm not trying to start an argument, everyone finds their guy and sticks to him, you guys are no different the chad backing up his liking for s car go, dedication and quality is what keeps these guys in business

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 03-28-2004 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:19 PM
guys, i'm not familiar w/ the 993 TT interior but is this padding on the bottom custom or was he able to integrate that cleanly?

also, chad any pics of the welds up close?

also watt, any pics of the new 993 setup you did? How's the car comming along? Giving up the GT2 for the ORR events?

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 03-29-2004 at 02:21 PM.