996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

how would a 650hp gt2 stack up to a 1000hp viper ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Yep, that's him. He doesn't have many friends but that's ok, it's just a race. What's the worse 2nd/3rd gear speed for a TT Viper to roll from?
haha, with that heap, just catch him somewhere below 4500 and you'll jump him easy. His **** poor design coupled with a retarded choice of turbo made pretty much useless. It makes decent peak power but the torque curve and power band are pathetic.

Just watch out when it gets wound up, cause if he can keep it in the powerband that thing will get it on.

You know he's making over 1k rwhp on pump gas right?

The problem with a viper is the huuuge mph range of each gear. It will do almost 60 in 1st, 90 in 2nd, and 125 in 3rd... So if you want to go from a 50 roll in 2nd or a 70 roll in 3rd will give you a change to jump as he'll be douching along at mid 3k rpm where that thing blows.

Last edited by Vicious; 05-01-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:12 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Thanks for the info. Yea, I know some of the stats on his car. I hear he wants to run my old Supra for a couple grand on his pump gas setting. So I assume he's making a couple hundred more hp over previous old set-up, as my old Supra would leave him hard if he's still at 1075. I agree, his powerband is weak for that hp, almost as bad as a 88mm 3L 2JZ

We'll be sure to video. Folks are trying to set it up for the Sat 19th.

Do you know him? Online, he seems like a real piece of work. I guess folks have been trying to race him for awhile now and he always bails at the last minute.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know him? Online, he seems like a real piece of work. I guess folks have been trying to race him for awhile now and he always bails at the last minute.
haha, piece of work is a vast understatement. Piece of Chit is more like it. I don't know him personally but have spoken with him quite a few times. Needless to say IF he shows up it should be an interesting race, but i'd expect a lot of b/s, chit talking, and major excuses if he gets smoked.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:34 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
He certainly isn't well liked/respected in the Ohio area. I'd call him out on Viper Alley if I still owned my old Supra and watch the **** storm, but hopefully he'll show up. It'd be pretty damn funny if he can only pull a car or so on my GT2 from a 40 roll

Old 05-01-2007, 02:39 PM
He certainly isn't well liked/respected in the Ohio area. I'd call him out on Viper Alley if I still owned my old Supra and watch the **** storm, but hopefully he'll show up. It'd be pretty damn funny if he can only pull a car or so on my GT2 from a 40 roll
haha VA is great for that kind of stuff. He isn't very well liked there either, well if you don't count the crooks at SVS.

How high are you guys going to run it? it would be in your best interest to shut it down by 130-140... if he gets that thing into 4th gear it's going to get real ugly for you. Those cars just do everything right from 140+ and he'll finally really be able to hook all that power up.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:46 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
Hmm. Very interesting information. Who would you recommend for a TT viper setup?

Old 05-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by geetee
Hmm. Very interesting information. Who would you recommend for a TT viper setup?
I REALLY like the cpe system for a number of reasons. My 2nd choice would be underground racing. If you want details on the various systems and such don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Vicious
haha VA is great for that kind of stuff. He isn't very well liked there either, well if you don't count the crooks at SVS.

How high are you guys going to run it? it would be in your best interest to shut it down by 130-140... if he gets that thing into 4th gear it's going to get real ugly for you. Those cars just do everything right from 140+ and he'll finally really be able to hook all that power up.
Completely agree. He should pull past me hard at the top of my 4th (140). I'm going to try to go from a dig to make it a bit more fun, so we'll see.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Completely agree. He should pull past me hard at the top of my 4th (140). I'm going to try to go from a dig to make it a bit more fun, so we'll see.
Try that and be sure he's not on drag radials and you'll probably get a good run on him.

If you make it 'your race' it should be pretty good. If it gets even remotely close to where that car wants to run, there isn't much that can touch them. It will pull harder in 4th than it will in 2nd... seriously.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Jamie,

Here is the strategy that I recommend: Tell him that the "new" racing craze is 60-130 and point out its popularity/official status on Renntecch, 6speed etc. and the fact that there was an organized competition at the Supra nats. There is some truth to that statement anyways.

I then tell guys flately that they are cheating if they try and start above 60 and then wait patiently at 60 in third where you should be close to max boost at 4K rpm. Got to be patient and not let them bait you into starting faster, however. I will sit there at sixty for miles, lol, until I get them to slow down. You should get the jump this way.

He will probably blow by you once he gets to 4th gear, but by then you will have hit 130 and technically the race will be over.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Try that and be sure he's not on drag radials and you'll probably get a good run on him.

If you make it 'your race' it should be pretty good. If it gets even remotely close to where that car wants to run, there isn't much that can touch them. It will pull harder in 4th than it will in 2nd... seriously.
Yea, they pull pretty good up top, but I walked a faster Viper than his in my old Supra....they come up short on gearing & powerband at higher speeds.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Yea, they pull pretty good up top, but I walked a faster Viper than his in my old Supra....they come up short on gearing & powerband at higher speeds.
It's all relative to how fast you want to go. Get one that is making crazy power and they will rip right up to 235 (which is the rev limiter in 5th)

But yeah, most 'sane' people shut it down before 200 so they fall into that semi dead spot between the top of 4th and the meat of 5th.

1500rwhp usually helps close that gap a bit though.

at any rate try to get the race on video, should be good.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:23 PM
It's all relative to how fast you want to go. Get one that is making crazy power and they will rip right up to 235 (which is the rev limiter in 5th)

But yeah, most 'sane' people shut it down before 200 so they fall into that semi dead spot between the top of 4th and the meat of 5th.

1500rwhp usually helps close that gap a bit though.

at any rate try to get the race on video, should be good.
I'm sure we will. I don't know of anyone running their Viper on the street with more than 1100-1200 to the ground. I know Peter didn't, Garth didn't, Stacy doesn't, etc.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm sure we will. I don't know of anyone running their Viper on the street with more than 1100-1200 to the ground. I know Peter didn't, Garth didn't, Stacy doesn't, etc.
hehe... I know of a couple

Peters car was a disappointment. That nasty solid roller motor, over cammed like a ****, and never really did anything. I saw it on the dyno when he sold it, sound performance was doing some MUCH NEEDED tuning on it, and it was only making high 900rw at like 14psi... **** poor for that motor/setup.

Never really talked with Garth about what he was running on the street, but i'd LOVE to get his monster out on the highway with some of those ALMS slicks and do some hard 5th gear pulls with 30psi.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Is there a much faster highway tt viper than the Barnett/Roof car? Stacey bought my old Supra. He's a great guy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how would a 650hp gt2 stack up to a 1000hp viper ?