996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Coilover comparison thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 10:14 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
My JIC's are on stiffest setting and I would not like it if I dove it daily so I have to try the softest to see, they are quite easy to adjust for the track (15 minutes or so) so if they are really nice on soft then I will vote for them, has anyone tried the softest JIC setting here yet????

Old 05-04-2007, 10:29 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by datax
Hi guys,
Some of you are saying PSS9 has height restrictions. Is that mean it cannot even get GT2 ride height from it?
Correct, There was a rather lengthy thread (link below) on this some time back...GT2 ride height and you hit the bump stops...not good.

PSS9

Last edited by wross996TT; 05-04-2007 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:41 PM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by heavychevy
My JIC's are on stiffest setting and I would not like it if I dove it daily so I have to try the softest to see, they are quite easy to adjust for the track (15 minutes or so) so if they are really nice on soft then I will vote for them, has anyone tried the softest JIC setting here yet????
Dez,
I have my JIC's (7/10) set soft and it both handles and rides great. As my car is street driven only, it is perfect. Also (unlike my H&R's) they make NO noises. Love it.
Bill

Old 05-04-2007, 01:05 PM
SSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond reputeSSMugen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
Dez,
I have my JIC's (7/10) set soft and it both handles and rides great. As my car is street driven only, it is perfect. Also (unlike my H&R's) they make NO noises. Love it.
Bill
Have they corrected the problem with the droplinks? Seems like people were breaking them left and right.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:11 PM
kayman is infamous around these parts
I havnt had any noise issues with JIC either.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Pierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wross996TT
Pierre, I found the PSS9 even when set on a "stiffer" setting was more comfortable than stock.
Thanks!!

...and which are the #front and #rear that you may use for confort & safe street-highway drive?

Old 05-04-2007, 06:56 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Pierre996TT
Thanks!!

...and which are the #front and #rear that you may use for confort & safe street-highway drive?
Pierre, It depends on tires/wheels, weight of your car and HP. Mine is a heavy cab and I am running 19" with somewhere north of 600hp. Mine are set to 3F and 2R. You seriously can play with them til you find what you like. I started at 4/3. I'm not sure, but I think 6/6 is about stock.

Old 05-05-2007, 01:05 AM
wbvega is infamous around these parts
Wow - lots of suspension threads these days. A lot of guys love the JIC/Cross setup. All hardcores poo-poo the PSS9's as being too girlie. I fell in the middle. I have a very low 996TT with Techart Vario Coilovers paired with 19" TA Formula wheels. Stiffness pretty much dead center for me.

Check out this thread for all my woes with lowering.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=67725

Now, i did take the car pretty low, so it took some patience and $$ to get it right. But, i do love the look and the ride. Definitely stiffer than stock, but still comfortable. Had to swap out the rear arms for GT3 lower arms & shims to add camber adjustability. If you do it, find a good shop that knows what the hell they are doing, and validate your alignment and ride ht all around. saves you a lot of $$$ in wasted tires.

WBV

Old 05-05-2007, 02:25 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by datax
Hi guys,
Some of you are saying PSS9 has height restrictions. Is that mean it cannot even get GT2 ride height from it?
Thats right.

Old 05-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Pierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura aboutPierre996TT has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wross996TT
Pierre, It depends on tires/wheels, weight of your car and HP. Mine is a heavy cab and I am running 19" with somewhere north of 600hp. Mine are set to 3F and 2R. You seriously can play with them til you find what you like. I started at 4/3. I'm not sure, but I think 6/6 is about stock.
Thank you very much for your feedback, I realy appreciated!!

Old 05-06-2007, 05:54 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Big Chev,

I fouind my JIC/Cross suspension way too stiff for street survival on the stiff
setting. I felt like I was on/in an old covered wagon and my fillings would
fall out soon...

I will try the softest setting on the street or maybe one up from there.

MK

Old 05-06-2007, 06:48 PM
turbomaxima is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wbvega
Wow - lots of suspension threads these days. A lot of guys love the JIC/Cross setup. All hardcores poo-poo the PSS9's as being too girlie. I fell in the middle. I have a very low 996TT with Techart Vario Coilovers paired with 19" TA Formula wheels. Stiffness pretty much dead center for me.

Check out this thread for all my woes with lowering.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=67725

Now, i did take the car pretty low, so it took some patience and $$ to get it right. But, i do love the look and the ride. Definitely stiffer than stock, but still comfortable. Had to swap out the rear arms for GT3 lower arms & shims to add camber adjustability. If you do it, find a good shop that knows what the hell they are doing, and validate your alignment and ride ht all around. saves you a lot of $$$ in wasted tires.

WBV
This is probably some of the best advice you can get. Most people lower their cars and don't take the proper steps to get the car back into spec with toe and camber.

Is there enough adjustment in the front to correct the camber without adding/replacing parts?

Old 04-28-2011, 01:40 PM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
sorry to bring back an old thread again...

I saw the Techart Vario's were made by Bilstein, does this mean they are rebranded PSS9's? Thanks!

Old 04-28-2011, 03:53 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Subscribed